• Please log in to reply
2508 replies to this topic

Vudo

Vudo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
I use the last ubuntu desktop (v14.x) boot up via cd and wlan just work perfect.

Airborne29th

Airborne29th

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hopefully someone can help me in figuring out what I am doing wrong. Everytime I try to load Ubuntu to load Android on my Surface it installs the OS but fails at Grub install.. I get the error Unable to install GRUB in /dev/sda (as superuser). I have rebuilt the key several times. Any help? Using 14.10

JahStories

JahStories

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,357 posts
  • Interests:Everything that got a screen on it, skateboarding, reggae music, PowerPcs, Amigas and retrogamin...

@Airborne

Please lets keep this thread about OS X, if you need help for ubuntu check this.

Thanks 

joejoe317

joejoe317

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

I guess nobody would be excited to get internal wifi working then.

counter5th

counter5th

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
I can throw in $10-20 for the driver build.

Airborne29th

Airborne29th

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

@Airborne

Please lets keep this thread about OS X, if you need help for ubuntu check this.

Thanks 

Jah.. thanks for the reply but this thead is about YOUR build.. which uses Ubuntu to mount Android! This error is happening when I try to install Ubuntu from your steps on the first page..... In which I gave up and installed Android-iA with no problems installing.. just keep having freezing wifi.. Looking into trying Android x86 4.4 with usb wifi next..

joejoe317

joejoe317

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Hey guys, just got a surface pro 1st edition

I'm not sure if it's the brand of USB or what, but when I hold down the volume down button to boot to the USB, it just boots to windows.

On my mac the USB shows all content and is called install osx

On the pc it's called efi and shows that it's blank. I ensured the volume down button works.

I am doing a yosemite install, but it's not a clean install. I just shrank the volume and reformatted the shrank volume to ntfs.

joejoe317

joejoe317

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
I did advanced startup and it saw my USB, I click on it and it just starts back in windows. I plugged it in the mac to see if it would boot to install and it did.

Does anyone have a recommended USB 2.0 brand to use?

joejoe317

joejoe317

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

I went out and bought a pny thumbdrive and now it works :)

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy