[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

I don't have a docking station but I bought a

UNITEK 3 Port USB 3.0 HUB with RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Adapter pc/mac.

For $30 off ebay. Website has a mac driver and it works great. The usb ports also work fine. I would post some links, but I'm on my mobile and its a bit buggy switching between things.

Please help

Thanks to the excellent tutorial on the first page I have managed to install and have got a fully wiring version of OSX 10.9 on my surface pro. I even managed to get it to boot without the clover menu.

The problem I have is that it takes around 3/4 minutes to get past the red boot screen before it fires up.

Any Ideas?

Surface Pro 1 4gb ram 128gb ssd HD 4000 graphics.1.7GHz Cpu.

Update:

I booted with volume up and enabled and disable the secure boot options and this seems to have made a improvement. It takes now takes about 30 seconds to get past the red screen and a further 17 seconds to get to the login screen.

Hi,

1) Thanks for this centralized essential information place with great tutorials :-)

2) I encounter a problem when I stay inactive for 20 minutes:

- after 10 minutes my screens goes black, no problem ;

- 10 minutes later, the surface restart (after what a pretty orange led in the right side oh the surface starts blinking with a cycling sequence : 1 long blink, then some short blinking sequences : 3 3 4 2)

My hypothesis is that there is something to patch in the dsdt but who knows ? (I obviously used the dsdt/ssdt's provided in this topic).

Does anyone have some ideas ?

My configuration :

Microsoft SurfacePro 2 OS:OSX 10.9.5 Cpu:u4300 Gpu:HD4400 Ram:8gb 1600  WiFi:external usb SSD:256gb

PS : to reset the blinking led, you just have to power on the tablet by pressing power during 20 seconds.

i allready tried many drivers @JahStories  :(

Is there any chance for making clover boot to windows automaticly after 5 seconds?

i see you have in your config.plist:  <key>Timeout</key>

<integer>5</integer>

Thanks

Hi there and welcome, 

please take a minute to edit your signature as suggested in the guidelines.

About your dark webcam issue you can try using iGlasses but it's not a freeware app....

:/

Have fun and good Hack!

:D

why sometimes my hardware-uuid is different?

this betimes after reboot. the uuid look's like:

00000000-0000-0000-0000-1111222...

but my "real" one is normally different the upper.

if i reboot again the uui change and i can use the system like before.

this be happend not on every reboot...strange stigger!

any ideas to this special symtom?

need help pls. today i boot up the osx the screen is just white and more the refulgence.

if i set the brightness under options nothing change. the grafic accelerator is fast and all other works fine.

my last action are setting up final-cut + addons und installing xcode and updates of it.

attached a picture how the display look:

2014-12-06%2011.41.52.jpg

this it is like normal:

2014-12-06%2012.27.21.jpg

Hey

i tried to install OSX Yosemite on my Surface Pro2. I created a USB disk with the installation. All worked fine.

The last Point (on the first page here) 10. Go to /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/ folder and rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi . I didn't do this because on EFI i can't find Microsoft.

I tried to boot with my Surface. It looked nice. I saw a black screen with the apple logo and a loading bar. it stopped near lets say 50%. i waited round about 30 minutes. Nothing happend.

Can someone tell me whats wrong?

Hey guys, I posted a link on freelancer to see if anyone could write a driver/kext for the marvell 88w8797 wifi since it doesn't work. I saw on the internet that there was a kernel driver database that added support for the marvell 88w8797 to linux here: \

http://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/MWIFIEX_USB.html

it just says:

Marvell WiFi-Ex Driver for USB8797 found in drivers/net/wireless/mwifiex/Kconfig

The configuration item CONFIG_MWIFIEX_USB:

Help text

This adds support for wireless adapters based on Marvell Avastar 88W8797 chipset with USB interface.

If you choose to build it as a module, it will be called mwifiex_usb.

Well anyway, I posted a project on freelancer here: https://www.freelancer.com/projects/Linux-Objective-C/Port-Wireless-driver-kext-for.html

one company listed here: http://zepess.com/ws24/Default.aspx

said they would do it for 355, but I talked them down to 250. Their username is qkullaoa on freelancer, and they have pretty good reviews. Not many, but all 5 stars.

Should we do this? Do you think people would contribute money for this to get done?

What version of Ubuntu? I don't get my surface pro till Thursday, so I can't check yet, I went ahead and started having them work on this project, so this information will probably be helpful! I wonder if they could figure out the name of the driver, really wish I had the sp here already!

Hopefully someone can help me in figuring out what I am doing wrong. Everytime I try to load Ubuntu to load Android on my Surface it installs the OS but fails at Grub install.. I get the error Unable to install GRUB in /dev/sda (as superuser). I have rebuilt the key several times. Any help? Using 14.10