Hoping for a guide of new patch for wlan bcm43xx in 10.9!

lukaschan

10 posts in this topic

Hallo, zusammen...

it just seems that since 10.8.5 Apple's original wlan or lan kext drivers are updated, which leads to the consequence that many hackintosh network drivers don't work anymore in 10.8.5 and 10.9. But... They just works well before 10.8.4.

Is there anyone knows why? Or just please write down a simple patch guide?

My wlan bcm4312 just can't work well in 10.9: It can't access to the encrypt Wifi, but it can connect to a non-encrypt one.

Anyone any idea?

Lots of thanks!

The solution for 10.8.4 and 10.8.5 was to replace \usr\libexec\airportd from version 10.8.3 but this on e does not work for 10.9 which is sad becouse my laptop is faster and smoother with it.So we hope that someone finds a solution fot it or if someone can help us find out what else was updated in 10.9 tha is related to airportd so we can  replace it too.

Well I'm writing from maverick now connected with my wifi finally and here is what i did to make it work.

Replace the \usr\libexec\airportd from version 10.8.3 and the kext that was working with previous versions of os x and the only way to connect is  from 

System preferences-Network-Wifi-Assist me-assistant and add manually your network.

It is not very handy but for me it is the only way.

Bad news.It does not remember password or  network so i have to put it every time i restart or  start up.

• Like 1

Well I'm writing from maverick now connected with my wifi finally and here is what i did to make it work.

Replace the \usr\libexec\airportd from version 10.8.3 and the kext that was working with previous versions of os x and the only way to connect is  from 

System preferences-Network-Wifi-Assist me-assistant and add manually your network.

It is not very handy but for me it is the only way.

Bad news.It does not remember password or  network so i have to put it every time i restart or  start up.

thank you so much alexanderq ! for the temp work around for mavericks with older pci wifi :)

bcm43xx and atheros21 people are in the same boat, i have atheros21 (atheros40 will not work)

please post any news on a better solution, i will do the same

from snow leopard to mountain lion 10.8.3 my wifi worked just by adding AirPortAtheros21.kext (with my device id) ...no biggie, then in 10.8.4 it was add AirPortAtheros21.kext + airportd from 10.8.3 ...a little hacky, then in 10.8.5 it was add AirPortAtheros21.kext + airportd from 10.8.3 + IOPCIFamily.kext from netkas, getting messy ...now in 10.9 it does not boot up if i add the IOPCIFamily.kext from netkas :(

i know the easy solution is to buy a new card but i dont want to for two reasons: 1. mainly cause i like to learn about osx "under the hood" and fixing things gives me the satisfaction of both learning something and saving some money and 2. my current osx86 mobo has 1 express pci slot and it covered up by my video card so i dont want to buy another pci wifi card

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone backed up their airportd from 10.9 because I really need it since I replaced mine without backing up so I'm now using the 10.8.3 one

DIY: you can find these files inside the OSX installer. Mount 10.9 InstallESD.dmg -> BaseSystem.dmg -> \usr\libexec\airportd and extract it :)

D/L: http://rghost.net/49848980

FYI: i got the airportd from the mavericks installer in windows using macdrive, so theres that option too

TOPIC: i said "bcm43xx and atheros21 people are in the same boat, i have atheros21 (atheros40 will not work)" but it appears its actually ALL pci cards, i cant find a single pci wifi card that still supported, they are PCI-E only ...bummer my hackintosh build has 1 pci-e slot and its covered by my video card :( maybe time to buy usb wifi :(

DIY: you can find these files inside the OSX installer. Mount 10.9 InstallESD.dmg -> BaseSystem.dmg -> \usr\libexec\airportd and extract it :)

D/L: http://rghost.net/49848980

FYI: i got the airportd from the mavericks installer in windows using macdrive, so theres that option too

TOPIC: i said "bcm43xx and atheros21 people are in the same boat, i have atheros21 (atheros40 will not work)" but it appears its actually ALL pci cards, i cant find a single pci wifi card that still supported, they are PCI-E only ...bummer my hackintosh build has 1 pci-e slot and its covered by my video card :( maybe time to buy usb wifi :(

Thanks man, you've been a great help, I'll probably change the WiFi card soon tho, I've been wanting to use the full potential of my N900 router :D

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...