Help Installing GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB 10.8.5

ballzdeepftw

39 posts in this topic

I'm using the iMac smbios. I tried with and without a DSDT with the same issues. I read that it was graphics related, and the suggest that you delete any kext having to do with hd4000, but I'm not 100% sure which ones to delete.

To be honest, I don't see anything related to intel graphics. There aren't as many kext files with this type of install.

Hello

I know you're trying to help, but be careful when you do. oldnapalm's guide is good but it is outdated by now.

Giving someone the wrong information can cause confusion and more problems than it was meant to solve.

Ok, I'll be more careful when trying to help.

• Like 2

i wouldn't go that that route just because your intel graphics are your fall back right now to be able to get in when the nv doesn't work. but if you want to test you can break intel by removing the hd4000graphics.kext.

Where is this kext located again? I want to write it down, just in case I ever have to restore the computer.