• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

ballzdeepftw

ballzdeepftw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Ok, I'll try it when I get home from work later today, and report back. It's 2:18 AM here, and I have to be up in 4 1/2 hours.

ballzdeepftw

ballzdeepftw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Boot into it and check if hardware accelerated graphics is working. Basically, if the menu bar is transparent that means it's working.

The bar is solid, so it looks like they aren't working.

Hey if I install it doing this http://insanelymac.c...-mountain-lion/ Do you think that I will be better off? Will I have to do serious modifications to get my system to work correctly?

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,045 posts

You can try it but I don't know what's in that archive.

Does your motherboard have ALC889 sound? If not, you might want to edit the scripts provided and remove whatever he's included that patches the OS to work with ALC889.

You said you have an ASRock Extreme 6 motherboard, but there are several different models with that name. What's the full model name?

ballzdeepftw

ballzdeepftw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
AsRock Z77 Extreme 6

Hey, I've tried vinilla, and it has the same stopping point which is at that Bluetooth error. I have nothing that is Bluetooth, including the motherboard. I think that if we can figure this out, it will boot.

joe75

joe75

Renegade

• Retired
  • 2,077 posts

you stop at bluetooth because its usually last thing to load before windowserver starts, which is not starting because of the graphics problem. did you insert the iMac smbios that gringo linked? are you using a dsdt file with this board?

ballzdeepftw

ballzdeepftw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
I'm using the iMac smbios. I tried with and without a DSDT with the same issues. I read that it was graphics related, and the suggest that you delete any kext having to do with hd4000, but I'm not 100% sure which ones to delete.
To be honest, I don't see anything related to intel graphics. There aren't as many kext files with this type of install.

joe75

joe75

Renegade

• Retired
  • 2,077 posts

i wouldn't go that that route just because your intel graphics are your fall back right now to be able to get in when the nv doesn't work. but if you want to test you can break intel by removing the hd4000graphics.kext.

ballzdeepftw

ballzdeepftw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
I deleted it, and now the monitors lose signal when it boots, which is weird because I have nothing plugged into the inboard graphics
Onboard*
PCIRootUID=1 finally got me there with a vanilla installation. Thank you guy for all of your help!!!!

ballzdeepftw

ballzdeepftw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Okay, next problem. The system freezes with this card after installing flash. Suggestions?

joe75

joe75

Renegade

• Retired
  • 2,077 posts

try removing AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext

PimentelX86

PimentelX86

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,071 posts

Hello

I know you're trying to help, but be careful when you do. oldnapalm's guide is good but it is outdated by now.

Giving someone the wrong information can cause confusion and more problems than it was meant to solve.

Ok, I'll be more careful when trying to help.

ballzdeepftw

ballzdeepftw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

i wouldn't go that that route just because your intel graphics are your fall back right now to be able to get in when the nv doesn't work. but if you want to test you can break intel by removing the hd4000graphics.kext.

Where is this kext located again? I want to write it down, just in case I ever have to restore the computer.

joe75

joe75

Renegade

• Retired
  • 2,077 posts

/System/Library/Extensions/

ballzdeepftw

ballzdeepftw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

try removing AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext

Removed it, and I'm still have freezing issues with card, even with Windows. I can't see it being the card, it's brand new, and I haven't over clocked anything. Any more ideas?

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,045 posts

Maybe your power supply is deteriorating.

Running a power supply close to the limit of its capacity will wear it out really quick.

joe75

joe75

Renegade

• Retired
  • 2,077 posts

I'd agree with gringo. If it happens in both OSs it would be hardware related.

ballzdeepftw

ballzdeepftw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
It's 750 watts, and a few months old. I would think that would be more than I could ever need. Maybe it is the card, I sure hope not though because I have a gt630 as a backup, and I was never able to get that thing to display a picture in mountain lion.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,045 posts

Make sure the video card is fully inserted and secured in the PCI-E slot and check the aux power cable/plug as well.

Yeah, 750 watts should definitely do it.

ballzdeepftw

ballzdeepftw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Ok, thanks again for all of the help. I'll check the connections and if it keeps it up, I'll just send it back and get a replacement

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GTX 650 Ti Boost, GTX 650, Nvidia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy