Is my PC hackintosh-able?

moargolems

10 posts in this topic

Hello,

Not sure if I'm posting in the right section... but I'm having a hard time finding out hardware compatibility for my system, so I decided to ask here.

Motherboard: Abit IP35 (banghead.gif)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo Wolfdale E8400 @ 3,00 GHz 
Memory: 2GB (2x OCZ Gold 1GB DDR2 800MHz)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512MB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500GB SATA II
Sound: (integrated Realtek) / Line 6 POD Studio GX
Network: (integrated Realtek) / Generic Marvell Yukon 88E8056

I require that every basic functions work properly. If the hardware is compatible, which version of Mac OS X should I install?

Thanks a ton for the reply! Just wondering, do I need a computer running Mac OS X in order to install it on my PC? All the guides I've found require a Mac OS X system.

Btw, the integrated sound card is 'Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC'. However, the line-out is damaged, so I use my guitar pod as a sound card.

Hi

No, just download transmac and search for a ready2install ML dmg ( iAKTOS for example) assuming you already purchased the OS

Then just restore the dmg in your pendrive using transmac and boot

It's not the best way to do but for a first install give it a try

• Like 1

I'm having a problem making my pendrive (Kingston DT SE9 8GB) bootable. I restored the iATKOS dmg using TransMac, but I can't get it to boot. I can't even select a partition in diskpart in order to set id=af.

EDIT: Can't boot with a dual-layer DVD either. TransMac reads it perfectly, but BIOS doesn't even recognize it as a boot disk. If I disable HDD boot, I'll get "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER"

Restoring the DVD to USB won't work. The boot loader (Chameleon cdboot) used to boot the DVD itself can only boot optical media.

I don't know why transmac doesn't convert the dmg to iso properly, I've never used it. Google dmg to iso for more options.

the integrated sound card is 'Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC'. However, the line-out is damaged, so I use my guitar pod as a sound card.

What? You might want to read that again out loud to yourself a few times.

• Like 1