MacPro 1,1 Chameleon Bootloader Help

plastic9mm

1 post in this topic

I have a MacPro 1,1 that I have successfully upgraded firmware to 2,1 using the utility found on the Netkas forums.

It is currently running 10.7.5, and I am attempting to install 10.8 using the Jabbawok walk-through here http://www.jabbawok.net/?p=47.

I am having a TON of trouble.

I have a CF to ATA/IDE adapter installed in the lower optical drive bay and jumpered as "Master" with the optical drive set to "Slave" and an 8GB CF Card installed. It has been partitioned as MBR with 2 volumes, 1x1GB HFS+ "BOOT" and 1x7.02GB HFS+ "Installer"

I have followed the guide to the letter as far as putting the correct components on the "Installer" partition, as well as the settings within the boot.plist and smbios.plist for Chameleon.

When I restart the computer I get the grey/white screen briefly that tells me Chameleon is at least trying to load, however the computer then boots to my Windows 7x64 HDD every time.

I have tried changing the default partition to the partition name as was suggested to me on the Netkas forums, but no luck. I have identified the "Installer" partition as 4,2 using diskutil, and input that value as well, it still boots to the Windows 7x64 HDD.

I simply cannot get it to boot to the "Installer" partition in order to attempt installing 10.8. I could seriously use any help as I'm at my wits end.

My current system configuration is as follows:

MacPro 1,1 with 2.1 firmware

OS X 10.7.5 on HDD in Bay 1

Windows 7x64 on HDD in Bay2

250GB HDD in Bay 3

250GB HDD in Bay 4

8GB CF Card installed in CF to ATA/IDE jumpered as "Master"

Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 flashed with EFI bios following the guide on the Netkas forums (No Boot Screen)

I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum to post in, but I didn't think it fit in the OSx86 section as I'm using a MacPro and not a Hackintosh.