• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

ScarletCrimson

ScarletCrimson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

I used Clover bootloader to install Mavericks to my build using the integrated graphics of my system (HD 4000) as installer wasn't giving any display. After setting up Mavericks completely and connecting my graphics card, clover boots up into a black screen (display goes on standby, if I type my password and press enter, the system works for a bit to open the mac desktop but the display stays blank). My system config is as follows:

Core i7 3770

GA H77-DS3H

16GB RAM

Gigabyte 7970 3GB (GV-7970OC-3GD)

After searching around, my card is supported by Clover and Mavericks by default, so why can't I get any display on my main card?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really need my graphics card to work with my hackintosh for editing and animation purposes.

EDIT: I also tried connecting a GTX 660 to my machine and booting up with the display connected to 660. The hackintosh worked flawlessly. So what do I need to do to make it work with 7970?

Thank you!

g0l3m

g0l3m

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

How do you connect your monitors?

ScarletCrimson

ScarletCrimson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Through DVI.

g0l3m

g0l3m

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

It seems that DVI doesn't work anymore under OS X 10.9 with a 7970. Had the same problem on last weekend and spent several hours to track it down.

Connect your monitor(s) exclusive with MiniDP to DP cables without any adapters. MiniDP to DVI Adapter doesn't work reliable too (i have the white Apple adapters). As recently as I connected my both monitors with pure DP cables everything worked as expected.

Sidenote: Didn't test 6xxx generation until now under 10.9 with DVI/DP to DVI Adapter. Would be interesting whether DVI is working on this cards…

ScarletCrimson

ScarletCrimson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

It seems that DVI doesn't work anymore under OS X 10.9 with a 7970. Had the same problem on last weekend and spent several hours to track it down.

Connect your monitor(s) exclusive with MiniDP to DP cables without any adapters. MiniDP to DVI Adapter doesn't work reliable too (i have the white Apple adapters). As recently as I connected my both monitors with pure DP cables everything worked as expected.

Sidenote: Didn't test 6xxx generation until now under 10.9 with DVI/DP to DVI Adapter. Would be interesting whether DVI is working on this cards…

Thanks a lot! I'll try this and let you know. Can you please tell me if HDMI works with 7970?

g0l3m

g0l3m

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Not on my card (HIS 7970 GHz) with Aji Framebuffer. Only the two DP connectors are working. But I didn't dig deeper in this HDMI thing, I don't need this. Only attached a cable and give it a short try, sorry.

ScarletCrimson

ScarletCrimson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

No probs, thanks again :)

ScarletCrimson

ScarletCrimson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

To anyone else who encounters this problem and is reading this:

Strangely enough, using a different monitor with DVI worked. So try a second monitor, or a third. Also try using different ports.

kamillo1888

kamillo1888

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

My DVI also not working, card recognized but not full qe/ci in 10.9

Someone can help with that?

In 10.9 DP works perfectly… :/

AMD Radeon HD 7xxx:

Model zestawu układów: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx

Typ: GPU

Magistrala: PCIe

Szerokość szyny PCIe: x16

VRAM (łącznie): 3072  MB

Producent: ATI (0x1002)

ID urządzenia: 0x6798

ID korekty: 0x0000

Monitory:

M2362D:

Rozdzielczość: 1920 x 1080 @ 59 Hz

Głębia kolorów: Kolor 32 bitowy (ARGB8888)

Monitor główny: Tak

Odbicie lustrzane: Wył.

Aktywny: Tak

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 7970, clover, no display

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy