774 replies to this topic

lilins

lilins

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:lots

some news. i tested in another similar unit (ZOTAC EN 1060) the same card. on this one i have windows.

i could check the reading of bt card in the properties and it is the good bt device.

Attached File  Capture.PNG   34.81KB   5 downloads

i then searched work from https://github.com/syscl/XPS9350-macOSand got the clover patch and the 2 brcm kext without full success.

now bt is recognized a 20703 in both bluetooth and usb sections of sysprofiler.

Attached File  Capture d’écran 2017-09-03 à 14.13.24.png   427.18KB   5 downloads

Attached File  Capture d’écran 2017-09-03 à 14.13.35.png   600.13KB   5 downloads

still not scanning though.

Attached File  Capture d’écran 2017-09-03 à 14.14.15.png   190.37KB   5 downloads

i’m going to try mess with the antenna as this card has 3 connecors vs 2 antennas in my Central unit.

Success, the antena order was different than what i read somewhere, bt is J1 not j2

Now i have to try replicate this on the EN1070

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Ha, it would have be useful to know not all card's antennas were connected!

lilins

lilins

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
yes, sorry. i assumed information i got about antennas were good enough. it has worked with the 1060 unit, but still nothing on the 1070 unit... so maybe not only antennas.

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Just recently, both wifi and BT don't reload after wake from sleep.  Using FakePCIID.kext with FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext for wifi and BrcmFirmwareData.kext with BrcmPatchRAM2.kext for BT.  Running Clover version 4200 but it started when I was running 4189.  No recent changes to my DSDT.  Any ideas?

lilins

lilins

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

still not working on the 1070 hackintosh. so there may be another issue. i have a few days i won't be able to touch it but i come back with tests and result i soon as i can do this

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Deity

• Gurus
  • 2,025 posts

BrcmFirmwareData.kext with BrcmPatchRAM2.kext for BT. 

Not correct, see Post #1

BCM BT (10.12 - all versions, 10.11- all versions) 

1. BT injection

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Not correct, see Post #1

BCM BT (10.12 - all versions, 10.11- all versions) 

1. BT injection

I fixed my problem by booting into Windows.  After that, wifi and BT reloaded properly after wake from sleep in macOS.  I will try out the BT injector.  The Github explanation makes the injector sound like the least-preferred option.  The method I used was a more-preferred option.  Still, it's an opportunity to try out a new method.  Thanks for pointing it out.

psm

psm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi !

So I'm actually the guy behind the Zotac en1070K (Kaby Lake) with the BT issue and the DW1830 card.

I'm back from home now so I'm going to look at some things around this.

Thanks @lilins and @Hervé for the help so far. I'll let you know how that goes.

lilins

lilins

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

at least on the zotac en1060 version (skylake) everything is working now. so we don't understand why his 1070k (kabylake) shouldn't have some shortcomings:

the BT from 1830 not working - (this is for this thread)

the mac os reboots when idling. not when used - (this for other thread)

we created the clover profile based on mine, we only removed special dsdt for HDMI/DP audio and changed the smbios to imac with kabylake (i based mine on imac 17.1)

i'm eager to make cross test with him, because normally, except the processor difference, the mlb is same with same components, a slight difference in efi versions maybe.

lilins

lilins

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

So we tried again on the en1070k from the en1060 setup changing smios to imac 18,2

-BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext from https://github.com/syscl/XPS9350-macOS in Clover/kext/others folder: Not working

-BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext in /Library/Extentions folder: working

-BrcmPatchRAM2.kext  in CLOVER and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext in /Library/Extentions folder: working inverse not working

so it seems that on the en1070k that the BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext can't work when launched from CLOVER.

Has anyone seen this before, is there a workaround?

i'd prefer a clean clover only kext folder.

Thanks for your help

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Deity

• Gurus
  • 2,025 posts

-BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext can only be installed S/L/E. BrcmFirmwareData.kext can installed in EFI

See Post #1/BCM BT

Use the developer link for the correct, current files.

Cloudane

Cloudane

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Is 10.13 unsupported at the moment?

I've put BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareData.kext into clover/kexts and the result is boot-up takes a lot longer (like 5 minutes) and keyboard and mouse do not respond (but it does communicate over the network)

Edit: Got it I think by using the "injection" method.  As mfnesq says the mixed messages are very confusing!  Really appreciate the work it's just that the communication being so curt can be a little tricky to follow.

I had to download one of the binaries from 2015 to get my hands on the elusive BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext and combined this with a current BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext (show contents, find info.plist, change IOProviderClass from disabled_IOResources to IOResources) and bluetooth has now appeared...

EDIT 2: My situation is obviously different.  I had vt-d enabled in the bios after a reset one time -- disabling this stopped the issue where BrcmPatchRAM2 went into some kind of infinite wait loop.  Bluetooth is working for me now and did not need the old injector method.  Handoff took some doing but it turned out that the DSDT I created in the 10.10 days was faulty - there was a FakeID for the combo card somehow implemented in there that worked for 10.10 but caused problems in 10.13.  Removing it but having FakePCIID and FakePCIID-BroadcomWifi in S/L/E finally gave me Handoff = Yes.

gujiangjiang

gujiangjiang

An Orthopedic Graduate Student In Medical University.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

what was BCM943224 HMB?

I can only search BCM943224 HMS but no HMB...

Where can buy this?

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Deity

• Gurus
  • 2,025 posts

what was BCM943224 HMB?

HMB includes BT, HMS does not.

gujiangjiang

gujiangjiang

An Orthopedic Graduate Student In Medical University.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

HMB includes BT, HMS does not.

My hp have whitelist so I only can use bcm943224hms now but I want to get Bluetooth so I search it but can’t get any information about HMB.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy