Airport - PCIe Half Mini

toleda
826 posts in this topic

With out the same vendor_id/device_id, unlikely.

Oh, ok, didn't know that, thanks, Toleda! One more thing learned ^_^

But, sorry for being insistent, is there any way to fix it? I've read post#1 again and again but can't find a solution.

Not clear what to fix: ETSI, FR, ES, something else? Verify the router CC. Install CC same as the router.

My apologies, Toleda, maybe I didn't explain myself very well (I'm kinda new in this stuff)

I just want to reach speeds over 145Mbps (it does under Windows) and I'm concerned about that Locale: Unknown (I don't know how it may influence in performing or something else)

What does Locale show in Windows? Install that CC in OS X.

I've looking for how to get that info under Windows with no result. My router is a Netgear from my ISP and I can't see or select any country code. In one forum I read it uses dynamic country code (Europe).

I've probed to use FR --> gave me Locale: ETSI

I've probed to use US--> gave me Locale: FCC

I've probed to use ES--> gave me Locale: Unknown (this is the only that makes everything works)

I saw booting in verbose something like dynamic country codes is not supported.

Every patch keeps my speed under 145Mbps. Is there any other power management fix or known issue involved in powering the wireless card or something that I possibly forgot?

Thanks for your patience!

• 2 weeks later...

So, please permit a question that's a bit simple.

I don't want to start a new thread and thought it might be better to ask here.

I bought an AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB 802.11/ac/867Mbps WLAN + BT4.0 Half Mini PCI-E card and it doesn't fit into my Asus motherboard. I assume I need an adapter/converter to make it fit and function for continuity/handoff? Which one(s) would be compatible?

Thank you for reading.

I finally decided to upgrade my old AR5B95 and went with a BCM94352HMB because of the BT 4, I thought it would just be a Device ID fix like the with the Atheros and just for the Wifi that was true, however the BT and Extreme Airport are not working for me, so I'm requesting assistance now, it's been a few months since I needed to mess with my Hackintosh so I may have done something wrong.

Thanks in advance for the help, here's the requested information

1) BCM94352HMB AirDrop enabled but not as Extreme and no BT

2) Mac OS X10.10.4

Laptop Lenovo P580 (BIOS with withelist removed)

Bios: MBP91.88Z.00D3.B00.1203211536

CPU: Intel i5-3210M

GPU: Intel HD 4000

3) Guides:

and then

1.- Device ID fix on Kext SLE - Laptop Boots

2.- Modified config.plist for Clover for AddDTGP and FixAirport - Breaks boot

3.- Added RehabMan BrcmPatchRAM.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext & BrcmNonPatchRAM.kext for clover injection - Breaks boot

4.- Ran wireless_bcm94352-100-v3.0b.command SLE - Laptop Boots

5.- Edited AirPortBrcm4360, added FakePCIID.kext & FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext and used Fake ID on Clover - Laptop Boots

6.- Changing the Model number to Airbook5,3 - Breaks Boot

Only the changes that permits the laptop to boot were keep

4) IOreg

6) Screenshoots:

7) N/A

8) Clover:

I apologise.

i bought an adapter, so let me try again.

So I bought AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB 802.11/ac/867Mbps WLAN + BT4.0 Half Mini PCI-E and wasn't sure about which adapter to get.

I bought Fenvi Wireless Network WIFI mini PCI-E Card (half and fully size with 2 antennas interface) to Desktop PC PCI-E Express Adapter Converter and plugged the Broadcom card in, attached the clips from the adapter's cables to the Broadcom card And screwed it in (see photo).

And I plugged in the bluetooth cable into a usb port on my Mobo [please see Photos ].

Thinking I was ready to go, When the computer was/is plugged into a power source, the adapter+ broadcom card lights up (see photos).

But the computer doesn't boot into the BIOS and just stays on with the fan/mobo running the monitor acts if it's not on, and soon the ccomputer resets to repeat the procedure.

Tried plugging it in to a different port but it didn't work either.

Additionally, the keyboard/mouse lights don't turn on when the adapter is plugged in and the computer seems to run without booting into the BIOS or clover.

When I remove the adapter+wireless card from the motherboard, the desktop turns on and boots like normal.

Do I have a faulty adapter or the wrong one?

Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you for reading.

I do not know. What slot is available?

Hi.

I've tried plugging it into two separate PCI-e slots on my ASUS Z97-A. the light turns on/green when the power supply is on and when the computer turns on, it doesn't boot.

i've tested the PCI-e slots, with a TP link wifi card which works out of the box [not mine, borrowing it] in both slots.

so it's not a mobo issue.

as you said, the adapter/converter is the wrong one, so i just need to figure out which adapter to buy to plug it in to use my Broadcom card.

Hi :-)

Is there any 3rd Party Wifi patch for Sierra?

the old one for Capitan doesn't work anymore :-(

Cheers :-)

EDIT:

Sry, was my fault, all old patches, still working lol :-)

Everything is perfect with Sierra, Cheers :-)

Ok, Thanks for your help

but I already replaced with another card here linux dump

09:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY [14e4:4315] (rev 01)

but i can't get to work, I tried a lot of solutions Bluetooth + Wifi not detected, please look at the following pictures

Note: BCM4313 Bluetooth was working outbox with using Kext files

post-1364567-0-19697500-1475795484_thumb.png

post-1364567-0-85633100-1475795490_thumb.png

post-1364567-0-26951600-1475795505_thumb.png

post-1364567-0-21368600-1475795513_thumb.png

Looking to buy a BCM94360CD card and adapter and have searched amazon and ebay. Found the Wifi BT card but there are different versions of the pci-adapter card. Some that have two antenas in the back, some with four antenas, and some that have some sort of a use usb connection and internal antenae wiring.  The cost is anywhere from $60 to $8 depending on the adapter card. What do you guys recommend?

Thanks

Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY [14e4:4315] (rev 01)

Not supported. See Post #1 for supported Broadcom device_ids.

there are different versions of the pci-adapter card.

OSX/BCM94360CD requires 3 external antennas and a usb2 plug.