111 replies to this topic

Paparuss

Paparuss

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi there,

I want to patch my dsdt to get ar9285 working with native kext.
The thing is, I dont realy understand the instruction.
My card is on RP02 and the device id is 002B, wich is not listed by the supported.

Is there a way for me to get my card working by patching dsdt?
What should I do next? Could you describe the next step another way, because as I written above, I didnt understand the instruction.

Thank you in advance.

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 890 posts

Is there a way for me to get my card working by patching dsdt?
What should I do next? Could you describe the next step another way, because as I written above, I didnt understand the instruction.

AR9285 device_id (2b) typo fixed.  Download [Guide] airport_pcie-hm_dsdt_edits.pdf.  In the patch file:

Find: RP07

Replace: RP02

Apply

Note: do not edit device_id in patch file.

Paparuss

Paparuss

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well, this is how the patch looks like.

into device Label PXSX parent_label RP07 replace_content begin
Name (_ADR, Zero)\n
Name (_SUN, One)\n
Name (_PRW, Package (0x02) {0x09,0x04})\n
    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
    {\n
         If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
         Return (Package()\n
               {\n
                 "AAPL,slot-name","AirPort",\n
                 "built-in", Buffer () {0x00},\n
                 "device-type","AirPort",\n
                 "model","Atheros AR9x8x 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless Network Controller",\n
                "name", "AirPort Extreme",\n
                 "compatible","pci168c,30"\n
         })\n
    }\n
end;

Wich part do I have to edit?
I cant find RP07, do I miss something?

Paparuss

Paparuss

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I checked the pdf... my DSDT is not "A M I". Does it mean there is no way?

Or is it just untested. Could you explain it to me, why it works only with "A M I" DSDT?

thx

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 890 posts

into device Label PXSX parent_label RP07 replace_content begin

I cant find RP07, do I miss something?

I see RP07.

Paparuss

Paparuss

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Did you see my last post?

My DSDT is not "A M I". Is that the reason, why I cant find PXSX section?

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 890 posts

Did you see my last post?

My DSDT is not "A M I". Is that the reason, why I cant find PXSX section?

Same as RP07, read the instructions in the patch:

# If no PXSX, manually add Device (ARPT) after Name (_ADR, 0x001C000x) to dsdt and 
# edit patch file:
# Find: PXSX
# Replace All: ARPT
# dsdt edit looks like:
#            Device (name)
#            {
#                Name (_ADR, 0x001C000x)
#                Device (ARPT)
#

iStigPL

iStigPL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

WiFi / BT module found on Asus Z87-PRO

WiFIGO_2.JPG

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 890 posts

WiFi / BT module found on Asus Z87-PRO

BCM943228, not supported at this time.

Edit 12/26/13.  I am wrong regarding BCM943228.  The NB110H/AR9462 is not supported at this time. 

cavallo

cavallo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Thanks for your fantastic work Toleda, unfortunately i think my 4313 mini half pce Bt will not work.  Why on Lenovo site some B590 are with 43224? What is the difference and why the model i get is with Minihalfpce BT with no number?

As i know you develop also audio there is some relationship with the ALC269 and the wifi mIniHalf Pci card?

Thank you in advance, in any case cause i know this is not a game.

eng_matt

eng_matt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Hi toledo :) your work great men.. but i failed with mavericks..  I added my dsdt files and some pictures :) Can you look , what is wrong my wifi.  

İf possible fix my dsdt.aml for wifi : :(, with mountain lion my wifi working great but marevicks didnt connect..

Thanks you soo much my files here:

or:

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 890 posts

what is wrong my wifi.  

dsdt edits are not correct for Mavericks.  See Post #1

Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Location:Toronto, Canada (Crack smoking Mayor Rob Ford's city)

Re: Post #28; ASUS Wi-Fi Go! Card

Same Atheros AR5B22 WiFi Wireless N 2.4GHz and 5GHz +BT 4 as in the GIGABYTE GC-WB300D PCI-E card.  It's an inexpensive card.  The Blutooth works with OS X Mavericks so why can't/won't anyone get this one going with WiFi?  If anyone want's me to test their attempts with Mavericks, I will.

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 890 posts

Re: Post #28; ASUS Wi-Fi Go! Card

Same Atheros AR5B22 WiFi Wireless N 2.4GHz and 5GHz +BT 4 as in the GIGABYTE GC-WB300D PCI-E card.  It's an inexpensive card.  The Blutooth works with OS X Mavericks so why can't/won't anyone get this one going with WiFi?  If anyone want's me to test their attempts with Mavericks, I will.

What are you using for Atheros 4.0 BT?

Confirm the NB110H/AR9462 Device_ID is 0x0034.  If no, reply with IOReg.

If yes,

1. try dsdt edits/Airport-Atheros-AR9x8x (no edits)

2. add 0034 to the plist of the toledaARPT enabler.  

Reply with IOReg. 

hamood

hamood

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello Every one,

I got my shipment of BCM4352 card (AzureWave) yesterday, and I have been trying to get it to work since. The problem is as follows - The card gets detected by all Three Windows 7 (using Lenovo) driver, Ubuntu and Mavericks. But the default status of the card is Off, and what ever I do the status does not budge. All three OS tell me to turn on the WiFi switch, if only I had one in my Toshiba A665 laptop ( it has FN+F8), but thats only a soft switch, there is another touch button by the power button for WiFi but it only works with the default card (the one replaced) BCM4313. I have done the DSDT edit instructed by OSXLattitude, along with the patched kext, to no affect. I am attaching a zip file with my edited DSDT & Ioreg file Along with a snap shot of the visual status for the WiFi. I do not understand if this might be happening because the card is whitelisted in my BIOS, because what I understand (google) that for people with BIOS incompatibility scenarios, the system wont even boot, mine does for all three OS.

I have spent $130 on this card and would hate to see them go to a waste, so please help. 

Toleda please kindly look into my issue and give some work around.

Thank You

Hamood Aslam

Attached Files

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 890 posts

I have done the DSDT edit instructed by OSXLattitude, along with the patched kext, to no affect. I am attaching a zip file with my edited DSDT & Ioreg file Along with a snap shot of the visual status for the WiFi.

Only attachment is the IOReg. Not wise to use both kext injection and dsdt injection, try one and then the other, not both. Regarding laptop/BIOS issues, I have no knowledge.  

Your IOReg says the card is working as en3 and is not connect to a network.  Verify the network you are connecting to is 2.4 GHz. 

Why are you posting in this thread if you used tools from a different site?

hamood

hamood

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Only attachment is the IOReg. Not wise to use both kext injection and dsdt injection, try one and then the other, not both. Regarding laptop/BIOS issues, I have no knowledge.  

Your IOReg says the card is working as en3 and is not connect to a network.  Verify the network you are connecting to is 2.4 GHz. 

Why are you posting in this thread if you used tools from a different site?

Hi Toleda,

I was interested in using the three methods mentioned in this site to get my card going but they do not work for me (SSDT was the one I was most interested in), I made changes to the SSDT - RP02) but it did not work (SSDT.aml in Extra folder, Chameleon - checked DropSSDT), tried the Kext Injection no go either. I am attaching my Edited SSDT along with my IOReg, please tell me what I am doing wrong, also should I be using vanilla IO802...Kext?

Using the OSXlattitude method (after taping out pin 20 on my card) I was able to get wifi portion going (@2.4) but not the BT. 

By using the SSDT method will I get it going @5 Ghz? 

Please if you can give me some feedback

Thank You

Hamood

Attached Files

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 890 posts

I made changes to the SSDT - RP02) but it did not work (SSDT.aml in Extra folder, Chameleon - checked DropSSDT), tried the Kext Injection no go either. I am attaching my Edited SSDT along with my IOReg, please tell me what I am doing wrong, also should I be using vanilla IO802...Kext?

By using the SSDT method will I get it going @5 Ghz? 

The ssdt edits are correct, the AirPort_Bcrm_4360.kext is loading, and WiFI is present in Preferences; my previous reply applies.  A kext patch is required for 5 GHz and a working patch has not been found.

mnulkunt

mnulkunt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi there,

I just have one quick question... the way I understand the information in your first post and the [...]details.pdf -- I could get any Mini PCIe Atheros AR9280 or AR9380 WiFi card to replace the OSX-incompatible intel WiFi on my GA-H87N mainboard, and OSX would support it without further "hacks"?

Have Mavericks running like a charm on a custom i7 build, and WiFi is the last thing that's missing.

Currently have to "loop" via Ethernet to my Mac Mini, the Mini then connects to the Internet via WiFi... *sigh*

Thank you in advance for answering, and thank you (toleda) for your effort in general.
While I was reading up on "how-to", I came across your name several times.
Much appreciated! :)

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 890 posts

I could get any Mini PCIe Atheros AR9280 or AR9380 WiFi card to replace the OSX-incompatible intel WiFi on my GA-H87N mainboard, and OSX would support it without further "hacks"?

Yes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy