Airport - PCIe Half Mini

toleda
826 posts in this topic

@ chlee for the first time you can try this:

Find: 41 83 FC FF 74 2C 48

Replace: 66 C7 06 48 4B EB 2B

at the moment its not perfekt, but i have channels from 1 to 165

trivia2012, help me please to find right codes. My country code RU, and I would like to setting US.

Hi Toleda/Others

I have installed  "Broadcom BCM4352 Azurewave AW-CE123H WiF i+ BT 867Mbps Bluetooth 4.0 for Hackintosh". that i got from eBay  .But in this card the bluetooth is not detected in both windows and mac .Windows detected wireless on boot and I have made all appropriate fixes for mac and wifi works in mac pretty good.Why is the bluetooth not detected in windows as well. Something wrong with card.

Please advise

Any suggestions . thanks.

my specs are in my signature.

I have installed  "Broadcom BCM4352 Azurewave AW-CE123H WiF i+ BT 867Mbps Bluetooth 4.0 for Hackintosh". that i got from eBay  .But in this card the bluetooth is not detected in both windows and mac .Windows detected wireless on boot and I have made all appropriate fixes for mac and wifi works in mac pretty good.Why is the bluetooth not detected in windows as well. Something wrong with card.

The following post describes how I fixed this.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/160824-aw-ce123h-802-11ac-minipci-express-867mbps-hp-part-724935-001-a-2.html

What I've found:

1. When I changed the original half-pcie module with the brcm, the bios option to disable/enalbe bt disappear from bios setting builtin device settings (only wlan enable/disable remains there). Reinserting the original module restore again the bt bios option.

2. When I insert the brcm module both wifi and bt seems working natively but after rebooting, bt needs brcm ram patch to work otherwise bt pairing does not work anymore.

3. If I change a bios settings, bt does not work anymore both in osx and windows, probably because bt gets disabled for a strange reason even if the option is not more visible in bios. If i do a bios default load, bt works again.

So I've customized all the bios settings using the original module, and after inserting the brcm one if I don't touch the bios settings anymore I'm OK.

@kingsmill

thanks for the help.My situation is that my laptop did not come with a bluetooth module and although the bios does show options for wl and bluetooth, they are not selectable as options to be switched on or off .I am already using a nowhitelist modded bios. And with the new card the options for blue tooth and wireless are now blank.

Besides the bluetooth module is not detected in windows/linux also,let alone work or not.

Its a brand new card,and not a used one. Any other inputs you can think of.

Thanks

Hi,

Maybe my comprehension of english is not too well. Can somebody guide me what are the steps needed to get a BCM94325 working?

Airport Injection Methods/see Repo

1. kext enabler, see airport_kext_enabler folder <- I used this method to enable WiFi and it's working but bluetooth is not detected at all. Please advise any other steps I need?
  2. kext edit/Info.plist, see [Guide]_airport_half-mini_plist_edits.pdf
  3. dsdt edits, [Guide]_airport_half-mini_dsdt_edits.pdf
  4. ssdt enabler, see airport_ssdt_enabler folder

Maybe my comprehension of english is not too well. Can somebody guide me what are the steps needed to get a BCM94325 working?

WiFi uses the PCIe interface; all work, select one and install.

BT uses USB, see Post #1, Note 2. Determine WiFi Card/Bluetooth ProductID/VendorID

More info, see [Guide]_airport_half-mini_plist_edits.pdf.zip/II. Broadcom BT 

WiFi uses the PCIe interface; all work, select one and install.

BT uses USB, see Post #1, Note 2. Determine WiFi Card/Bluetooth ProductID/VendorID

More info, see [Guide]_airport_half-mini_plist_edits.pdf.zip/II. Broadcom BT 

Oh OK! I understand now that need to do seperate steps for WiFi and BT. In that case, I'd try editing plist for both WiFi and BT to maintain consistency. Will report back once I get home tonight, now where to the tip jar?

EDIT: One more thing, do I need BrcmPatchRAM on-top of the plist edit? I know I'd need BCM94352 5 GHz/Handoff Patch on-top of the plist to get the WiFi fully working.

Do you mean BCM94352?  If yes, install the 4352 WiFi and BT solutions from Post #1.  pllist edits are required for BCM943225, not BCM94352.

I'm just as confused about this.... :(

I'm on 10.10.3

BCM94352

wifi is seen with bcm4352.kext

connects to 2.4, won't connect to 5ghz networks. 

Do you mean BCM94352?  If yes, install the 4352 WiFi and BT solutions from Post #1.  pllist edits are required for BCM943225, not BCM94352.

So far without any kext edit or additional kext I got BCM94352 WiFi running. I just applied wireless_bcm94352-100-v2.0.command to get 5Ghz and Handoff to work but according to the guide I needed to.

2. kext edit
1. Advantages: Simple edits
2. Disadvantages: Apply after each Software Update, Potential signing
issue
3. Backup S/L/E/IO80211Family.kext
4. Property List Editor/Open/S/L/E/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/Plugins/
AirPortBrcm4360.kext/Contents/Info.plist
1. find: <string>pci14e4,43a0</string> Native (select one)
1. add: <string>pci14e4,4353</string> For BCM943224
2. add: <string>pci14e4,4357</string> For BCM943225
3. add: <string>pci14e4,43b1</string> For BCM94352
5. Save
6. Move to Desktop
7. Run kext installer
8. More info: see [Guide] airport_pcie-hm_plist_edits.pdf

So now, to get BT working I would just follow the following right? All three steps.

BCM94352 BT (10.10 and newer, 10.9 and newer) 

1. Releases · robvanoostenrijk/BrcmPatchRAM · GitHub, credit darkvoid

1. BrcmPatchRAM.kext

2. Bluetooth Firmware Uploader - Projects - OSXLatitude Forum - credit EMlyDinEsH
    1. BTFirmwareUploader.kext

3. Installation
    1. Chameleon/System/Library/Extensions/
      1. use kext installer
    2. Clover/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10 (or 10.9)

EDIT: OK, I'm confused. There are three guides, main, plist edit and dsdt edit. So if I opt the easier way out, I would just install toledaARPT.kext BrcmPatchRAM.kext BTFirmwareUploader.kext with kext installer to get WiFi 2.4Ghz and BT working. Than run wireless_bcm94352-100-v2.0.command to get WiFi 5Ghz working.

connects to 2.4, won't connect to 5ghz networks. 

4352/2.4 GHz native. 5 GHz/BT/Handoff, see Post #1.

BrcmPatchRAM.kext BTFirmwareUploader.kext with kext installer 

One or the other, not both. Suggest BrcmPatchRAM.kex for 4352 BT.  wireless_bcm94352-100-v2.0.command  enables 5 GHz and Handoff.

4352/2.4 GHz native. 5 GHz/BT/Handoff, see Post #1.

One or the other, not both. Suggest BrcmPatchRAM.kex for 4352 BT.  wireless_bcm94352-100-v2.0.command  enables 5 GHz and Handoff.

I couldn't figure this out for 5ghz/BT/Handoff... I'm on 10.10.3. would like to patch via clover if possible. 

Successfully installed Niresh Yosemite on a laptop. Everything was operational aside from wifi/bluetooth. I installed the BCM94352 HMB based on the compatibility list. Once installed, I booted and installed the kext. Then restarted. Wifi worked immediately. Bluetooth is not working. I tried installing from the .command file and got the same results. Can anyone help?

I couldn't figure this out for 5ghz/BT/Handoff..

??  Post #1, BCM94352 5 GHz/BT Handoff Patch (10.10 and newer)

5 GHz/XT patch is not working in 10.10.3

Bluetooth is not working.

Post #1, Problem Reporting.

Successfully installed Niresh Yosemite on a laptop. Everything was operational aside from wifi/bluetooth. I installed the BCM94352 HMB based on the compatibility list. Once installed, I booted and installed the kext. Then restarted. Wifi worked immediately. Bluetooth is not working. I tried installing from the .command file and got the same results. Can anyone help?

Need to install BrcmPatchRAM.kext to get bluetooth working.

I have the same module install and everything is working with advise from toleda. Cheers!

??  Post #1, BCM94352 5 GHz/BT Handoff Patch (10.10 and newer)

5 GHz/XT patch is not working in 10.10.3

Post #1, Problem Reporting.

EDIT: Solved issue. See next post for solution.

Problem Reporting (post to this thread with attachments)

1. Bluetooth not working on BCM94352HMB
  2. Yosemite 10.10.1, laptop motherboard. Stock BIOS. 
  3. Installed Yosemite using Niresh guide. Installed Wifi/Bluetooth drivers using this guide.
  4. Copy of IOReg/IORegistryExplorer_v2.1.zip (View Raw) - ATTACHED EDIT: Removed. Problem solved. 
  5. Console/All Messages/kernel airport - select/Save Selection As: - ATTACHED EDIT: Removed. Problem solved.

If more is needed, please let me know!

Need to install BrcmPatchRAM.kext to get bluetooth working.

I have the same module install and everything is working with advise from toleda. Cheers!

Thank you for the suggestion. I did this and still no Bluetooth :(

@nobody002

I am having the same problem, my wifi works great but bluetooth is not even detected.see post 305 above.

I did a bit of research, and tried covering the pin 51 with tape on the card but still nothing.tried both batchram and bluetooth firmware uploader kexts(independently of course), still no go.If you do get it working please post it here.

@nobody002

I am having the same problem, my wifi works great but bluetooth is not even detected.see post 305 above.

I did a bit of research, and tried covering the pin 51 with tape on the card but still nothing.tried both batchram and bluetooth firmware uploader kexts(independently of course), still no go.If you do get it working please post it here.

I am typing right now after getting it working. I ended up realizing that it wouldn't work in Linux or Windows either. Then I did more research and realized that others have had issues with USB passthrough on certain manufacturers motherboards... Since my last post, I read about the pin 20 trick and then came across the pin 51 trick. I ended up thinking that the pin 51 trick would be worth trying. Tried it, booted up. Since the drivers were already installed (see previous posts), everything worked!

@nobody002

any specific tape or usual duct tape and how much of it did you cover. A little detail would help.

I used the transparent tape but still was not detected.

Electrical tape. It's black in color and can be found at any hardware store... Just a very small piece of it that I cut to size with a razor blade. Hope that helps!