[Fixed] nVidia 9400gt 1024MB on 10.9 GM

asher_ungar

11 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Wanted to share my small success.

After updating from 10.9 DP8 to 10.9 GM my graphics card (nVidia 9400gt 1024MB) stopped working properly - was not recognized by any method (enablers/efi).

Finally in some last attempt I copied all NVD*.kext from /S/L/E of DP8 to the GM I have installed ( had it on time machine).

That, together with GraphicsEnabler=Yes of chameleon, I got it working!!

Maybe this will help more people with the same issue.

Good luck!

• Like 4

here you go - hope it helps!

Thank you so much!

Installed the kexts with kext wizard (didn't work by just dragging and rebooting with -f), reboot with GraphicsEnabler=No and -F (had other kernel flags which didn't work) and it works perfectly! Using graphicsEnabler=Yes, made me get stuck on a grey screen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm experiencing horrible performance with my GTX650ti Boost since 10.9, tried your KEXT files but these give me a kernel panic, any other solution?

I really don't understand it because on the internet everybody writes that it should work out of the box.

• 1 month later...

To: asher_ugar

Thank you for your help, but your file not working with me

I post another Nvidia 9400 GT 1Gb working on 10.9.1. Hope this help to other.

Here the link: Dowload (important to get GraphicEnabler=Yes of Chamelon)

You can do that like asher_ungar

Hi all, Wanted to share my small success. After updating from 10.9 DP8 to 10.9 GM my graphics card (nVidia 9400gt 1024MB) stopped working properly - was not recognized by any method (enablers/efi). Finally in some last attempt I copied all NVD*.kext from /S/L/E of DP8 to the GM I have installed ( had it on time machine). That, together with GraphicsEnabler=Yes of chameleon, I got it working!! Maybe this will help more people with the same issue. Good luck!  
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...