I can't figure Clover out!! I've tried so many times!
Heres what I've done so far:
- I restored the InstallESD.dmg onto my USB drive formatted as OS X Extended Journaled, GPT using Disk Utility (I also have a MacBook).
- I then downloaded Clover from here http://sourceforge.n..._v2k_r2184.zip/
- I ran the installer, choose Customise, and ticked: Install boot0af in MBR, CloverEFI 64-bits SATA & Drivers64 -> UsbMouseDxe-64
- I installed it to another USB with a single FAT partition, MBR.
- I put the fakesmc.kext I got from OSX86.net into the /EFI/kexts/10.8/ folder (I still got the same results without including the kext).
When I boot off the USB and choose to boot of the install USB I get a kernel panic:
<!-- Ususal stuff here, doesn't look as important --> AppleACPIPlatformExpert::start failed panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80034649c1): "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-2050.48.12/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1514 Debugger called: <panic> Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : Return Address <!-- Insert gibberish here --> BSD process name corresponding to current thread: Unknown Boot args: ncpi=0x2000 -v root-dmg=file:///BaseSystem.dmg <!-- Insert the rest of the usual KP gibberish here about the version and kernel and uptime -->
Intel i5 4430
8GB DDR3 1600 RAM
Mac OS X 10.8.5 (Mac App Store purchase)
32GB USB 3 Flash Drive
I also have a MacBook to use.