[Guide] Upgrading to Mavericks on GA-EP35-DS3L

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

MacSimizeDenver

MacSimizeDenver

The only true and free China is the Republic of China on Taiwan.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Is there any experience with the GA-EP35-DS4?

I've made a clean install on a test drive. Have no sound or ethernet there so far. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. ;)

Yes, there is!

Now, I found out that you need the IONetworkingFamily.kext from your previous 10.6/10.7/10.8 installation for working ethernet - install it with tools like kext utility, restart - done.

For audio, just run multi...you know tool I'm talking about (any version) and select in the drivers section the ALC889/885 without DSTL. Repair system preferences and reboot - boom, there you go. Just forget AppleHDA.

Last thing is graphics. By default, Mavericks will let me boot in 1024x768. Looks kinda weird on a 24" so I changed the resolution in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist in /Extra to 1920x1080.

My graphics card (AMD Sapphire HD6850 1GB) is regocnized by the system out of stock, I've added a DSTL from my previous 10.8.5 installation - but I have no possibility to change to another resolution via system preferences-->monitors. There appears nothing - nada...rien...just nothing. :(  --> holding down the option key while clicking on "scaled" reveals three possible resolutions...better than nothing. 

Nubira

Nubira

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
I have a couple of ga mobos gonna try this too.

iLeopard_PC

iLeopard_PC

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Is there any experience with the GA-EP35-DS4?

I've made a clean install on a test drive. Have no sound or ethernet there so far. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. ;)

Yes, there is!

Now, I found out that you need the IONetworkingFamily.kext from your previous 10.6/10.7/10.8 installation for working ethernet - install it with tools like kext utility, restart - done.

For audio, just run multi...you know tool I'm talking about (any version) and select in the drivers section the ALC889/885 without DSTL. Repair system preferences and reboot - boom, there you go. Just forget AppleHDA.

Last thing is graphics. By default, Mavericks will let me boot in 1024x768. Looks kinda weird on a 24" so I changed the resolution in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist in /Extra to 1920x1080.

My graphics card (AMD Sapphire HD6850 1GB) is regocnized by the system out of stock, I've added a DSTL from my previous 10.8.5 installation - but I have no possibility to change to another resolution via system preferences-->monitors. There appears nothing - nada...rien...just nothing. :(  --> holding down the option key while clicking on "scaled" reveals three possible resolutions...better than nothing. 

Thank you man!

I'll try soon :)

MacSimizeDenver

MacSimizeDenver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

10.9.1 is out...anyone tried the update yet?

Update to 10.9.1 worked smoothly. I just did a copy of my drive with Carbon Copy Cloner for safety reasons. However, I did the Update from the App Store, restarted the system and there was 10.9.1

No trouble at all...everything works like before. :)

MacSimizeDenver

MacSimizeDenver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Update to 10.9.2 worked the same way...just updated from within the App Store, rebooted and all worked like before. Only problem I have since 10.9.1.: eject key from Apple's keyboard won't work in the finder anymore. :/

MacSimizeDenver

MacSimizeDenver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Update for 10.9.3: Same procedure as before....just run it from the App Store, reboot. Everything works like a charme. And the eject key on my Apple keyboard is supported again. Perfectly done! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy