10.9 GM Released.

AsusFreak

282 posts in this topic

Installed with MyHack (yes, i've been lazy, and the Pandora app wasn't at hand) and all went fine but one thing: all my HDDs are seen as external (orange icon instead of metallic). Any ideas how to fix it? I'm quite surprised to step into this issue since i'm on a H77 chipset.

All the best!

P.S.: the slight glitches with Safari on my secondary screen (powered by a nVidia Geforce 9800GT) persists. Nothing appears to be wrong with the one hooked on the HD4000.

P.P.S.: despite the orange icons, the system appears to recognize properly the SATA chipset. Odd...

P.P.P.S.: hmmm, i think the culprit was the Migration Assistant: it seems the special kexts and drivers were also imported from the Time Machine backup, meaning i have essentially the same borked system i use to have with the DPs (I installed 10.9 DP over a 10.6.8 installation in the occasion, without erasing anything).

• Like 1

Installed without issues here on first pc in signature, the only problem i've got is bad GPU voltages/speedstep/temperatures like in all dp's so far. (there's an open threat about this problem, and there also other people like me with the same problem)....

i start thinking that mavericks doesn't like my gtx660ti asus....(even if i'm sure that it's not the real reason).

apologize for english

HD5450:

The generic RadeonFramebuffer is buggy for me. Resolution changes twice before settling on the correct one before login. Eulemur works fine but breaks wake from sleep.

Nonetheless, I'm satisfied with the overall smoothness of the OS compared to Mountain Lion.

Installed with MyHack (yes, i've been lazy, and the Pandora app wasn't at hand) and all went fine but one thing: all my HDDs are seen as external (orange icon instead of metallic). Any ideas how to fix it? I'm quite surprised to step into this issue since i'm on a H77 chipset.

All the best!

P.S.: the slight glitches with Safari on my secondary screen (powered by a nVidia Geforce 9800GT) persists. Nothing appears to be wrong with the one hooked on the HD4000.

P.P.S.: despite the orange icons, the system appears to recognize properly the SATA chipset. Odd...

P.P.P.S.: hmmm, i think the culprit was the Migration Assistant: it seems the special kexts and drivers were also imported from the Time Machine backup, meaning i have essentially the same borked system i use to have with the DPs (I installed 10.9 DP over a 10.6.8 installation in the occasion, without erasing anything).

What version of MyHack did you use? I'm looking for some general guides on how to perform a clean install of Mavericks - I assume that it's more or less the same as ML with MyHack, but since Apple made some changes to the system I'm still wondering and looking for a definite procedure.

So after installed the GM version which is the final version... here's my thoughts:

- The UI is a shame with these mixed minimalism and leather things... Also check the right top corner of the menubar while you open the notification center... that visual bug is there since dp1... 

- Bluetooth dongle still broken, which means this problem would be present even if I have a real mac, so again, bad...

Somehow Mavericks getting my excitement away from the OSX...  :(  It feels so rushed. This is not apple-ish...

So after installed the GM version which is the final version... here's my thoughts:

- The UI is a shame with these mixed minimalism and leather things... Also check the right top corner of the menubar while you open the notification center... that visual bug is there since dp1... 

- Bluetooth dongle still broken, which means this problem would be present even if I have a real mac, so again, bad...

Somehow Mavericks getting my excitement away from the OSX...  :(  It feels so rushed. This is not apple-ish...

What bug in the top right corner? I have not seen 1 graphic / ui glitch since dp1. This has been the most stable dp ever. Leather? Where?post-399780-0-15004500-1380980050.pngpost-399780-0-11277400-1380980318.png

Hello. I tried to patch GM, but I get this.

Last login: Sat Oct  5 18:23:05 on ttys000
alex:~ admin$ tar zxvf ~/Downloads/Mavericks_GM_MBR_Patch.tar.gz -C /Volumes/Install_OS_X_Mavericks
tar: could not chdir to '/Volumes/Install_OS_X_Mavericks'

alex:~ admin$ 

What do I do wrong?

maybe this bug?

before                        after

attachicon.gifnull             attachicon.gifnull

I changed through various shades of desktop images and as far as I can see, that is not a glitch or a bug. It's pretty much normal.

Edited by fantomas1

I changed through various shades of desktop images and as far as I can see, that is not a glitch or a bug. It's pretty much normal.

Yes, transparent menu bar, combined with notification center extending the full height of the display right behind the menu bar.  It appears to be 'by design'...

• Like 1

Hello. I tried to patch GM, but I get this.

Last login: Sat Oct  5 18:23:05 on ttys000
alex:~ admin$ tar zxvf ~/Downloads/Mavericks_GM_MBR_Patch.tar.gz -C /Volumes/Install_OS_X_Mavericks
tar: could not chdir to '/Volumes/Install_OS_X_Mavericks'

What do I do wrong?

If the name contains spaces put \ before them, not _

sudo tar zxvf ~/Downloads/Mavericks_GM_MBR_Patch.tar.gz -C /Volumes/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks

"Install OS X Mavericks" must be the restored BaseSystem plus copied Packages and mach_kernel, not the volume with installer app from MAS.

There are what I have.

post-974387-0-42542100-1380991844_thumb.png

I tried to patch dmg and app. But, again, something is wrong.

Last login: Sat Oct  5 20:43:31 on ttys000
alex:~ admin$ sudo tar zxvf ~/Downloads/Mavericks_GM_MBR_Patch.tar.gz -C /Volumes/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks
x ./._System: Can't create '._System.Sz2Vtn'
x System/: Can't create 'System'
x System/._Installation: Failed to create dir 'System'Can't create 'System/._Installation.ow5qGL'
x System/Installation/: Failed to create dir 'System'Can't create 'System/Installation'
x System/._Library: Failed to create dir 'System'Can't create 'System/._Library.yVfKig'
x System/Library/: Failed to create dir 'System'Can't create 'System/Library'
x System/Library/._PrivateFrameworks: Failed to create dir 'System'Can't create 'System/Library/._PrivateFrameworks.SAOprv'
x System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/: Failed to create dir 'System'Can't create 'System/Library/PrivateFrameworks'
x System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/._Install.framework: Failed to create dir 'System'Can't create 'System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/._Install.framework.ZZfU6X'
x System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/: Failed to create dir 'System'Can't create 'System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework'
x System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/._Frameworks: Failed to create dir 'System'Can't create 'System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/._Frameworks.H3EBLh'
x System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/: Failed to create dir 'System'Can't create 'System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks'
x System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/._OSInstall.framework: Failed to create dir 'System'Can't create 'System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/._OSInstall.framework.Zxp7jm'
x System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/: Failed to create dir 'System'Can't create 'System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework'
x System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/._Versions: Failed to create dir 'System'Can't create 'System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/._Versions.s888Et'
x System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/: Failed to create dir 'System'Can't create 'System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions'
x System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/._A: Failed to create dir 'System'Can't create 'System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/._A.oLrJDq'
x System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/A/: Failed to create dir 'System'Can't create 'System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/A'
x System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/A/._OSInstall: Failed to create dir 'System'Can't create 'System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/A/._OSInstall.V3wcXJ'
x System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/A/OSInstall: Failed to create dir 'System'Can't create 'System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/A/OSInstall'
x System/Installation/._Packages: Failed to create dir 'System'Can't create 'System/Installation/._Packages.EfLRnQ'
x System/Installation/Packages/: Failed to create dir 'System'Can't create 'System/Installation/Packages'
x System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg: Failed to create dir 'System'Can't create 'System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg'
tar: copyfile unpack (System/Installation/Packages) failed: No such file or directory
tar: qtn_file_apply_to_path(System/Installation/._Packages): No such file or directory
tar: copyfile unpack (System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/A/OSInstall) failed: No such file or directory
tar: qtn_file_apply_to_path(System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/A/._OSInstall): No such file or directory
tar: copyfile unpack (System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/A) failed: No such file or directory
tar: qtn_file_apply_to_path(System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/._A): No such file or directory
tar: copyfile unpack (System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions) failed: No such file or directory
tar: qtn_file_apply_to_path(System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/._Versions): No such file or directory
tar: copyfile unpack (System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework) failed: No such file or directory
tar: qtn_file_apply_to_path(System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/._OSInstall.framework): No such file or directory
tar: copyfile unpack (System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks) failed: No such file or directory
tar: qtn_file_apply_to_path(System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/._Frameworks): No such file or directory
tar: copyfile unpack (System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework) failed: No such file or directory
tar: qtn_file_apply_to_path(System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/._Install.framework): No such file or directory
tar: copyfile unpack (System/Library/PrivateFrameworks) failed: No such file or directory
tar: qtn_file_apply_to_path(System/Library/._PrivateFrameworks): No such file or directory
tar: copyfile unpack (System/Library) failed: No such file or directory
tar: qtn_file_apply_to_path(System/._Library): No such file or directory
tar: copyfile unpack (System/Installation) failed: No such file or directory
tar: qtn_file_apply_to_path(System/._Installation): No such file or directory
tar: copyfile unpack (./System) failed: No such file or directory
tar: qtn_file_apply_to_path(./._System): No such file or directory
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
alex:~ admin$ sudo tar zxvf ~/Downloads/Mavericks_GM_MBR_Patch.tar.gz -C /Users/admin/Downloads/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks
tar: could not chdir to '/Users/admin/Downloads/Install OS X Mavericks'

"Install OS X Mavericks" must be the restored BaseSystem plus copied Packages and mach_kernel, not the volume with installer app from MAS.

Will I have to add kernel to /Volumes/OS X Install ESD/BaseSystem.dmg and to replace IOInstall.mpkg here/Volumes/OS X Install ESD/Packages?

Look forward to any hint from you. Thanks.