10.9 GM Released.

AsusFreak

282 posts in this topic

in a few minutes the installation starts here!

Where did you find it ?

Edited by fantomas1
use google search or buy an apple developer account

Could someone tell me how to update from DP8 to the GM? I originally downloaded DP1 from imzdl.com and installed on my MBR drive on a new partition. Since then, I have been updating through the MAS to every subsequent DP. I downloaded the GM dmg from imzdl.com today but I am unsure how to install it without screwing up my partition map. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

wws12

Just edit that applekextexcludelist.kext by adding your modified/added kexts to it, and you won't get popups.

Thanks, I haven't installed it yet, I was just checking because I hadn't seen it mentioned. I'm downloading it right now. MBP first, then my X202E... My main rig is going to be staying on ML for awhile, I learned my lesson being an early adopter when it comes to working with professional software.  :wallbash:

Is it still possible to add the exclusions to any kext's info.plist to avoid it getting overwritten after updates?

Thanks, I haven't installed it yet, I was just checking because I hadn't seen it mentioned. I'm downloading it right now. MBP first, then my X202E... My main rig is going to be staying on ML for awhile, I learned my lesson being an early adopter when it comes to working with professional software.  :wallbash:

Is it still possible to add the exclusions to any kext's info.plist to avoid it getting overwritten after updates?

Someone said it's possible. But when I tried to add exclusion list to fakesmc.kext's info.plist, it didn't worked for me.

I installed over DP8. Haven't ran into any issues so far apart from Modern Combat: Domination not working. I haven't played it in ages but noticed it had the prohibited icon overlay after the update. The only app to have this. When I run it it tells me I can't run it on this version of OS X.

I have DP8, i want to try GM, what will the best path?

1 Clean install; Just heard there is an issue when installing clean install, I am not an apple dev so i have no access to GM.

Just read this one on some site.

" It demanded my Apple ID and when I entered it, it said you have not purchased Mavericks from the AppStore. So, don't try a clean install."

2. Upgrade from DP8 to GM.

I didn't do a clean install, so I can't comment on that, but if you're going to upgrade I wouldn't do it from DP8, I would install ML and then upgrade from that. I just upgraded from ML on my MBP without any issues. The dual monitor support hasn't really impressed me though, the dock takes forever to move over to the other screen. Also the second monitor's menu bar doesn't match with obsidian menu bar, which is annoying. Yeah, I'm kind of OCD like that...