2 replies to this topic

djwappy

djwappy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Ok,

After searches and searches to install lion on my Pentium 4 i was about to give up on it due to the fact that 99% of the topics said it is IMPOSSIBLE.

So i installed it on my AMD machine again, then i went on a search for a Lion AMD kernel without the xpchelper bug, i installed the kernel but imidiatly had a reboot, since i had SL on my second partition i thought to revert the kernel change on the pentium 4, i didnt watch chameleon a second and guess what happened? a old pentium 4 is running Lion ... for those interested in this ... install lion on a machine that installs it without issues , then install this kernel : http://www.insanelym.../65-amd-kernel/ (YES it is a AMD kernel, seems our great developers unlocked more then they thought ;-) )

here is the proof video :

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,111 posts

If it's a last-generation S775 "Presler" Pentium 4, I believe you can use an unpatched kernel if you use Chameleon's kernelpatcher module. Try it and see.

I don't know if the kernelpatcher requires the kernel to be named mach_kernel.

If it does, then rename your patched kernel, then set kernel=patched_kernel (or whatever you name it) in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist, just in case.

Then simply drop mach_kernel at root, dump the kernel patcher module in /Extra/Modules and boot up with kernel=mach_kernel to try if it works.

djwappy

djwappy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

i have the kernel in my plist the reason i type it there is that to the time of the recording i booted from usb which for some reason ignores it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy