iAtkos ML2 install on Gateway FX7026

Joseph51423

4 posts in this topic

Hello, my name is Joe.  Im having a lot of trouble with iAtkos ML2.  My first problem was installing to my computer for the first time.  I took me a litte over 30 trys using bootflags to finally get to the installation screen.  I entered a bunch of bootflags that I can't remember.  I entered -v to see what line of text it stopped at and it stopped at "BootCacheControl: can't open var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory"  On my last attempt I entered a boot flag which I can't remember what it was but it finally got me to the installation setup.  I set up everything how I want and installed and restarted when finished.  When it booted back into iAtkos everything was running pretty good.  I decided to install Kexts.  I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], but I can't remember which Kexts I used but I dont think they were not correct.  When I rebooted, it went to the Apple logo then 3 seconds after a grey screen dropped from the top to the bottom then displayed a messaging saying that I need to restart my computer.  The message was displayed in about 5 other languages too.  No matter how many times I restarted it did the same thing.  So I reformatted my hard drive that iAtkos was on so I could install it fresh again.  The problem now is that it won't boot to the installation screen.  It stops on line "BootCacheControl: Can't open var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory",    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Computer specs

Gateway FX7026

Intel Core 2 quad 2.50GHz

Intel DG33SXGT motherboard

8GB DDR2 RAM

two 300GB SDD hard drives

NVIDIA GeForce 210 (Codename GT216) Graphics card

Thank you

First of all, welcome to the fourm...

Hello, my name is Joe.  Im having a lot of trouble with iAtkos ML2.  My first problem was installing to my computer for the first time.  I took me a litte over 30 trys using bootflags to finally get to the installation screen.  I entered a bunch of bootflags that I can't remember.  I entered -v to see what line of text it stopped at and it stopped at "BootCacheControl: can't open var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory"  On my last attempt I entered a boot flag which I can't remember what it was but it finally got me to the installation setup.  I set up everything how I want and installed and restarted when finished.  When it booted back into iAtkos everything was running pretty good.  I decided to install Kexts.  I used #####, but I can't remember which Kexts I used but I dont think they were not correct.  When I rebooted, it went to the Apple logo then 3 seconds after a grey screen dropped from the top to the bottom then displayed a messaging saying that I need to restart my computer.  The message was displayed in about 5 other languages too.  No matter how many times I restarted it did the same thing.  So I reformatted my hard drive that iAtkos was on so I could install it fresh again.  The problem now is that it won't boot to the installation screen.  It stops on line "BootCacheControl: Can't open var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory",    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Computer specs

Gateway FX7026

Intel Core 2 quad 2.50GHz

Intel DG33SXGT motherboard

8GB DDR2 RAM

two 300GB SDD hard drives

NVIDIA GeForce 210 (Codename GT216) Graphics card

Thank you

You  should either wait up to 1 hr to let it boot or remake the usb...

My EEE sometimes takes 40 minutes to boot  :(

good specs you got there

@dcai777: Thank you for replying. Are you sure that might be the problem? Will it proceed Rven if it "pauses/stops" on the "Unable to find..." line?

My next problem is when it up opens up the bootloader it gives me two options, boot into iAtkos ML2 or Windows. When I choose iAtkos ML2 it goes to the Apple logo and then restarts.

Also, do you think I should unplug my NVIDIA GeForce 210 graphics card and plug my monitor through VGA in the slot on my motherboard?  Could the graphics card be the problem?  Sorry if these questions could be self answered but Im going completely crazy on this.  Like 10-16 hours a day for 2 weeks working on this crazy.