• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

mactabletman

mactabletman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

I installed the public beta of Yosemite.  The cintiq is a stubborn beast.  I have to have two usb devices plugged in and the external with yosemite is connected to a hub with the dongle for an external keyboard, the hub is connected to the top usb port.  Its strange because it wont boot unless there is something plugged into the bottom port but once its loaded up the bottom port doesnt work.  The touch and pen are recognized but the touch doesnt click unless you use two fingers.  For instance you have to have one finger on the screen then touch with another finger to get a click.  The pen is also not calibrated.  Still no acceleration for graphics pretty bare bones.  

STR470S

STR470S

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, languages, snowboarding

Hello everyone! 
I'm just ordered my companion from US to Russia and as i'll get it i'm planning to try Hackintosh it. So dont let it thread just die out, there are people who still want it like grim death :P 

mactabletman

mactabletman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Hey guys sorry for the hiatus, just wanted to come back and give you a quick update.  After making some great progress with the cintiq seen here 

I have gotten most things working besides the digitizer. It ran great and yosemite looked beautiful on it.  That being said, I will be walking away from the project for now.  I just sent my cintiq in for a replacement because it had a faulty power port and when I get the replacement I will more than likely be selling it because I never used it as much as I would have liked.  Also seeming to be the only one working on the project was frustrating and slow moving.  I had installed one of the latest drivers after emailing the Wacom developers directly and requesting support (which was denied), the driver gave me new results saying something about the pref panel being unable to load instead of the device not being found.  This made me think there was still hope, however I really just dont have time for it.  I will more than likely be focussing more on making art and working on a blog.  If/when Wacom releases a second iteration, I will more than likely jump on the project of getting a mac OS on it, with guns blazing and ready to go!  If anyone has any questions feel free to contact me. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wacom, cintiq, companion, tablet, drawing

Topic Stats Last Post Info

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy