How would I get my EDIDs?

mitch101

10 posts in this topic

Hi guys. My HP Pavilion dv6 3136tx is not playing well with OS X. It has 2 GFX cards, an ATI Mobility Radeon 5650 and a Intel HD Graphics chip. During startup a I get a weird error (see my post in Notebooks for more detail). So I can't boot into OS X, but I have Windows on another partition, which boots fine. I use the Clover boot loader. Looking in the Graphics Injector settings, I have no EDIDs entered and the InjectATI/Intel fields just have a plus sign in them. Can someone please help a noob out? Using my ATI card is preferred but if I have to I can deal with my Intel, only need it XCode and mainly web browsing (If you're gonna say to use Windows, don't. I like the maks) I'm guessing my main cause is it can't get EDIDs for my cards and isn't injecting the EDIDs either. By the way, looking through my Mac partition on Windows using Paragon HFS (anyone got a better one? My paragon trial ran out) and I have no ATI kexts. So if you can, please help a brother out. Thanks :)

Disable ATI card injection, it won't work anyway. If you leave only Intel HD, it should work without EDID injection.

If you desperately need to inject EDID, with Clvoer there is a possibility to do it automatically (InjectEDID=Yes).

Disable ATI card injection, it won't work anyway. If you leave only Intel HD, it should work without EDID injection.

If you desperately need to inject EDID, with Clvoer there is a possibility to do it automatically (InjectEDID=Yes).

Yep, Intel card has no EDID field. However disabling ATI and enabling that didn't help my error (Go look in Notebooks) so it still won't boot. Something about kBluetooth and not calling registerService. I wrote down the entire error in my Notebooks thread.

Sadly I already have none. Time to go editing the boot plist for a bit and try to find any changes.

The other possibility has to do with the pinouts of the HD3000 framebuffer. With the forums search you can find some posts about it. On olarila.com (registering for free) you can find a script (modgliani) for doing that. If you use at the beginning nullcpupowermanagement.kext (I dont know, which kind of cpu you have) you can try to switch to SMBios of MBP 8,2. It seems to be a bit more tolerant in relation to the HD3000.

You can tray the by me edited one from 10 8.2, which is attached, but backup the original one. If it is working, read out the pinconfiguaration from this one for editing your original one.

Have fun.

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext.zip

The other possibility has to do with the pinouts of the HD3000 framebuffer. With the forums search you can find some posts about it. On olarila.com (registering for free) you can find a script (modgliani) for doing that. If you use at the beginning nullcpupowermanagement.kext (I dont know, which kind of cpu you have) you can try to switch to SMBios of MBP 8,2. It seems to be a bit more tolerant in relation to the HD3000.

You can tray the by me edited one from 10 8.2, which is attached, but backup the original one. If it is working, read out the pinconfiguaration from this one for editing your original one.

Have fun.

I'll try in the morning. I have a Intel i5, by the way.