Z87-D3HP Radeon 7xxx

xchrisfox28

13 posts in this topic

I went to Fry's and purchased everything for the purpose of building a hackintosh. I can't even get it to boot the USB drive I'm using.

It shows up in Bios, then it gives some boot0 errors or something.

boot0:CPT

boot0:test

boot0:test

boot0:done

Has anyone managed to get this board working?

Do I need to take it back?

*EDIT* Everything I read about these errors is post install. I haven't even been able to install.

I've gotten past the boot:0 errors, however it won't load into the installer.

I run it in verbose to see what's going on and after all kexts load it simply restarts the pc. Perhaps I'm not comping the CD correctly?

ANY input is appreciated. I can return the mobo and buy a different one if it will work better. Seems like the only thing holding this system back?

Can you boot the installer with "GraphicsEnabler=no"?

Can you boot into the installer with "-x"?

(FYI: you don't need to type in a "GraphicsEnabler=no -x")

At the moment, no. To be honest I'm not even sure that I have it set up correctly on the usb. In the tutorial I was following it told me to copy the extra folder from my installed osx. This doesn't have an extra folder? (Tried reloading finder several times with hidden files)

So, at the moment. On my laptop with a 3rd gen i3 cpu it will show the bootloader from the usb (I did chamelon wizard to install) and from their it looks like it loads all kexts and simply restarts.

On my 4th gen i5, it simply looks like it's loading all kexts and restarts.

I'm not sure if I'm following a poorly written tutorial, or what.

Also, the car I bought was a ATi Radeon 7850... is it a decent card? My 3d Mark11 scores were only around 6000... which was comparable to the radeon 5xxx series according to their website. That was with the 7850 overclocked.

try a diffrent version of charmelon(like 2.1 svn instead...)

I was under the impression that only the newest version of Chameleon would work.

I may have figured it out. I changed the settings for chameleon to boot0md and so far (it looks like it's loading the installer) I failed to start in verbose to see what's happening so if it doesn't go to the installer I will.

Get suck at PCI configuration begin.

Manage to get past that with PCIRoot=0

then I hang at pthread support aborts when sync kernel primitives

Are you still using GraphicsEnabler=yes?

If so, boot with GraphicsEnabler=no -f -v

I've tried both methods. First boot, it works with:

-v PCIRootUID=1 -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes

This is with my 7850 removed.

With my 7850 inserted. I cannot get a PCI config hang. It just sits there.

I've tried every fix I've found for this card so far and nothing is working.

On the mobo, everything but audio is working (I'll figure that out after I get my gpu working)

If I need to return this GPU and grab one that has more compatibility... which do you recommend?

1. Some people have done something with putting the display to sleep then waking it to get their cards to work. I don't know anything about this method. It can be found with a quick Google search.

2. AMD graphics are known for their problems with getting them to work on Unix based systems. If you have the money, get the latest NVIDIA card (I believe a GTX 770 would be ok)