iATKOS ML2 DVD - Woes be Gone

FurryPaws

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I'm way out of my element here, but I've spent half of the day to try to get this working.

Any help is really appreciated, and feel free to treat me as a tech-illiterate. As such, the entry exam wasn't exactly easy, btw. ;)

Here's my computer:

Gigabyte H77N Wifi

Core i5 -3570 "Ivy Bridge"

Seagate Barracuda 250gb HDD 

4 gigs o' Ram

Here's what I've done so far:

Burn iATKOS on a DVD using Transmac burning software

Modified BIOS as in this guide: http://www.macbreaker.com/2012/08/set-up-hackintosh-gigabyte-uefi.html

Bootet onto the iATKOS-DVD

Deleted the Hard-Drive via utility to "Mac Extended Journaled"

Installed, seemingly successfully

Now here's where it stops being fun:

When I re-boot, removing the DVD and booting from the HDD, it shows the spinning progress-thingy below the iATKOS-Logo for ages and nothing seems to happen.

I did the entire thing twice, after the first time I had the same issue, except the progress-thingy stopped spinning after a couple of seconds.

During the second installation, I had to use this command to make it work:

PCIRootUID=0

If you'd be so kind to help me, I'll gladly provide any further information you guys need.

Cheers and keep up the good work!

Try booting with command -v and report where it fails. Instead of the spinning "thingy" you should see the verbose output. You can also try by downloading cVad boot disk utility. With it you can make a clover usb from windows. Download Fakesmc.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and put them in Clover-Kexts-10.8. Replace the kexts already in that folder. Reboot to the USB, press space on the Mountain lion HDD and select boot with extra kexts. Report how it goes