AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement doesn't work on PM55 mainboard and core i7 720qm

hungba

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I've successfully installed Mountain Lion 10.8.5 on my Alienware M15x. The system runs pretty well except for Power Management doesn't work and the system can't sleep. My spec is as follow:

- Intel Core i7 720QM (Nehalem - Clarksfield)

- Mainboard PM55

- Chimera v2.2.0-r2248 with:

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

I tried to apply LPC patch to DSDT but keep getting stuck at "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient: ready" at boot.

Attached are my original DSDT.dsl; IODeviceTree; ioreg and kexstat. Please help me with it! :)

Thanks a lot!

P.S: Oh not sure if it's appropriate. My GPU is nVidia GTX 260m; it works fine with GraphicEnabler="Yes" but VGA and HDMI Video don't work. Is there any DSDT patch to get these working? Thanks again :)

Send me.zip

IMO, the first gen CPU works nicely under Mac 10.8.5 even you have an AlienWare which is no need to patch Bios to make the PM to work. Why don't you try Clover?, btw please also raise your question at osx86vn.com for discussion, I find some useful tip over there.

Nice day.,

IMO, the first gen CPU works nicely under Mac 10.8.5 even you have an AlienWare which is no need to patch Bios to make the PM to work. Why don't you try Clover?, btw please also raise your question at osx86vn.com for discussion, I find some useful tip over there.

Nice day.,

Thanks,

Power Management on my CPU doesn't work out of the box. I tried Clover before but couldn't get into the OS, stuck at boot. Couldn't fix it so switch back to Chimera :) Anyway thanks for your link, I went there and posted a thread. Hope someone could help :) Good day!