10.4.8 SSE2 boots to desktop

quixos

62 posts in this topic

using the JaS 10.4.8 update you can (edit...get past the blue cursorless screen) and boot to desktop by replacing the 10.4.8 /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework with the 10.4.7 framework.

there are problems with Safari not going immediately to your homepage.

Mail.app slowly lists email in various boxes.

there is no highlighting of text in browser and textediting type apps, and they are also missing

the caret at the end of typed text.

it's laborious, and there is no guarantee that every problem will be fixable. we might get lucky.

don't ask questions, post useful information..

identify problems in apps, and swap frameworks intelligently. :)

Great,I am looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with,if you get it stable this info can be used to build sse2 users a safe 10.4.8 update.

Good Luck.

Thanks Jas,

You absloutly come back!!

great! time to get crakin ...

what are the main problem sse2 users are having. from what ive read its mainly the blue screen ?

seems like a place to start.

tsun, the blue screen is solved. post 1. just have to track down the other bits that affect text, Mail.app etc.

to start. :)

this isn't rocket science, just swapping. let's get at it.

derrrrr sorry about that haha ... ok when i get home ill start working on it too. might need to build a second test bed. we shall see. lets get the sse2 working cause i know alot of people are hanging on the support. silly mac for not making this sse2 friendly :D

side note : looks like macvidia is making some headway .. :P

update : JaS released an update its up on demon, you can check out the thread here

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=200972

tnx jas!! after the update had to do a hard reboot- then it booted well and nicely to desktop- r2d2 loaded up nice working great- again tnx!!

now as stated by quixos there are issues with this update- such as the highlighting problems, safari not loading ur homepage, safari not allowing images to be uploaded and i cant even make posts (mostly safari related) also i have a weird progress bar bug.. anyway im using firefox atm, so far so good.. time to find fixes for this bugs.. great release..

picture1hw5.jpg

also all mouse and keyboard settings are always on reset after reboot

Ok but remember guys,this package was ment to get you installed and into the desktop.I cant say if everything will be working or not.I have an Idea tho that might fix safari and some other issues,try downgrading your quicktime to an older version.

I have huge amount of

ecoding 0x573dd000 2 +0x800

decoding 0x573dd800 2 +0x800 All Ok...

r2d2 @ 0x573de000

decoding 0x573de000 2 +0x800

decoding 0x573de800 2 +0x800 All Ok...

r2d2 @ 0x573df000

decoding 0x573df000 2 +0x800

decoding 0x573df800 2 +0x800 All Ok...

r2d2 @ 0x573e0000

decoding 0x573e0000 2 +0x800

decoding 0x573e0800 2 +0x800 All Ok...

r2d2 @ 0x573e1000

decoding 0x573e1000 2 +0x800

decoding 0x573e1800 2 +0x800 All Ok...

r2d2 @ 0x573e2000

decoding 0x573e2000 2 +0x800

decoding 0x573e2800 2 +0x800 All Ok...

in dmesg...

What is wrong?

Also in "about" there is no CPU info (0Mhz), but in detail info everything is fine (Pentium M 1.2 Ghz)

Jas 10.4.8 SSE2

p.s. also: problem with dates (in Mail.app for example), safari can't connect to internet for the first time after launch (bur succesfully connects after page reload)....

good morning. thanks JaS.

do not install the 10.4.8 SSE2 update unless you are ready and willing to help find solutions!

do not install the 10.4.8 SSE2 update unless you can easily restore your computer to a happily working condition!

hope that's clear enough.

-------------------------------------------------------

AcePlayer and others, stick with 10.4.7, the 10.4.8 update is not ready for prime time! :)

--------------------------------------------------------

niko, 10.4.7 Activity Monitor shows the graphical CPU Usage properly, but not graphical Network Usage

-------------------------------------------------------

AcePlayer and others, stick with 10.4.7, the 10.4.8 update is not ready for prime time! :)

Thanks a lot for the info. Really helps knowing its not fully read as i don't have the time right now to try and make fixes.

When it's ready and sorted please let us know.

Thanks

ok so is it really worth it to upgrade to this. im not saying jas didnt do great because he did once again. i just dont want to have problems with my hackintosh just to have a number that says 10.4.8 in the about section

as quixos dont install yet if you're afraid of messing up ur osx installation, though we can boot to desktop there are still some bugs that needs fixin, currently im trying to reinstall safari 10.4.7 into 10.4.8 coz thats the main issue im having atm.. and there are other minor bugs..