Wrong sound output names in System Preferences

AT0MAC

2 posts in this topic

Before I move into the wrong direction I better ask you guys.

After a month away from home I turn my hack back on and find my self for some reason without audio... So I reinstall the driver but something went wrong, audio works but the names in system preferences are way off, kind of hard to guess which output does what...

I have a MSI Z77GA-M45 motherboard with the ALC892 codec, this mb have no digital out, only two line ins and 4 surround analogue outs.

In my system prefs it looks like this:

vy1k.png

The four outputs are there, problem is that on the backpanel it looks like this:

xgr1.png

I have found multiple links describing how to edit the files necessary, but I dont seem to figure out exactly how to edit only the names.

https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALC892/blob/master/README.txt

This one here describes a lot of good stuff, but as I understand it my audio id is correct as i have 6 ports, all analogue just that they are not the 6 ports named in sys prefs.

So I reinstall the driver but something went wrong, audio works but the names in system preferences are way off, kind of hard to guess which output does what...

toleda/audio_ALCInjection · GitHub see ML-Realtek ALC AppleHDA Screenshots.pdf

Hint:

Internal Speakers is the motherboard green Line-Out port

(1st) Line Out is the motherboard black RS-Out port (rear surround)

The rest is easy to figure out.

For motherboard grey (SS-Out), an edit to AppleHDA.kext is required; no issue on your system as there is no SPDIF out. See the Customization guide in the same repo.

Welcome to OS X and the nearly native AppleHDA,kext.