6950 HD and Mountain Lion

neonraver

2 posts in this topic

First post here so sorry if this question has been asked and asked but I have searched extensively and haven't found a conclusive answer. I am moving to a new job where the company uses only macs so I thought it would be a good idea to get to grips with OS X. I've got Mountain Lion running in Virtual Box but I want to be able to do more things than the virtual machine lets me so I am thinking of dual booting Mac OS X with Windows. I have a PC i've built myself and am about to wipe it so I can start afresh with both Windows and OS X but I have read that I may run into some problems regarding my graphics card.

My specs are as follows:

Asus P8P67 Pro Mobo

Intel 2500k CPU

2 x ATI Radeon 6950 HD 2GB GPU

64gb SSD, 2TB and 1TB hard drives

4gb ram

As far as I have been able to gather, I shouldn't have problems with my mobo or CPU but I am likely to have problems with the graphics cards. As i'm on a P67 mobo I don't have integrated graphics so will I need to use another compatible GPU to install? If so, can you recommend a really cheap one that I can use just for this? I have read conflicting things and thought maybe that the 6900 cards are now supported by mountain lion but I may have been mistaken.

Any help on this would be great and if there are any other issues with my system, please let me know. Thanks