• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

neonraver

neonraver

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

First post here so sorry if this question has been asked and asked but I have searched extensively and haven't found a conclusive answer. I am moving to a new job where the company uses only macs so I thought it would be a good idea to get to grips with OS X. I've got Mountain Lion running in Virtual Box but I want to be able to do more things than the virtual machine lets me so I am thinking of dual booting Mac OS X with Windows. I have a PC i've built myself and am about to wipe it so I can start afresh with both Windows and OS X but I have read that I may run into some problems regarding my graphics card.

My specs are as follows:

Asus P8P67 Pro Mobo

Intel 2500k CPU

2 x ATI Radeon 6950 HD 2GB GPU

64gb SSD, 2TB and 1TB hard drives

4gb ram

As far as I have been able to gather, I shouldn't have problems with my mobo or CPU but I am likely to have problems with the graphics cards. As i'm on a P67 mobo I don't have integrated graphics so will I need to use another compatible GPU to install? If so, can you recommend a really cheap one that I can use just for this? I have read conflicting things and thought maybe that the 6900 cards are now supported by mountain lion but I may have been mistaken.

Any help on this would be great and if there are any other issues with my system, please let me know. Thanks

NovaXq

NovaXq

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Disregard last post. 6900 SHOULD be supported. 

If you want to replace a GPU, I'd google a list of GPUs that work out of the box.
Here's a good thread to get you started.

http://www.tonymacx8...phics-card.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy