2 posts in this topic

Hi!

I have this Asus 1201n netbook, and it used to sleep and wake properly before i upgraded RAM memory to 3GB - it had only 2GB then. Since the upgrade, these sleep issues are being very difficult to tackle: as i said, they began with the 3GB RAM upgrade - when i updated the system to 10.8.5, but kept the 2GB of RAM, it used to sleep and wake without a single issue. Now the screen will sleep (turn black) and the HDD led with shut down, but the power and connection leds will both stay on, as well as the fans, and i won't be able to "wake" from this state, having to resort to a hard reset (which is always damaging to the system in the long term).

Curiously, auto-sleep is working, but will lead the computer to the comatose state i described, so i had to set computer sleep to "never" in the Energy Saver preference pane, to avoid being forced to hard reset the computer furthermore.

Console won't help: no suspect messages! That's really awful.

I was using the SleepEnablerUniversal.kext to get sleep working before the RAM upgrade. Since it seemingly became ineffective after the upgrade, i tried a lot of SleepEnablers, always getting the above described result. Any help to solve or at least isolate the cause of this issue will be much appreciated.

Best regards!

Solved by upgrading the RAM to 4GB and using the Mirone/Toleda DSDT for 1201n and 2GB of installed memory, tweaked by tivimac to work with 4GB. Now i have again a fully functional lapintosh (after previously solving other issues; see topic      Very strange network issue with my 1201n and 10.8.4!    )

All the best!