[SUCCESS] Vanilla ML 10.8.5 on GA-Z87X-UD4H & 4770k Haswell

acronator

31 posts in this topic

I found that selecting the web driver and rebooting does nothing, it always returns to the OS X default driver.

FYI, regarding this.

I edited the Nvidia driver so I could install with the "correct" SMBIOS (or at least the one with the specs most closely related to this computer)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291929-1085new-nvidia-web-driver-available/?p=1946332

But more importantly, I followed this guide (more or less) to get the Nvidia driver installed and enabled.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288582-new-nvidia-retail-driver-install-solution/

Note that the link to the driver may not be latest, but doing the nvda_drv=1 and adding the FileNVRAM.dylib file seemed to do the trick.

I'm staying with Mountain Lion until I see Nvidia drivers for Mavericks, because the drivers seemed to do the trick for me.

Though it sounds like Lyle M may have a different issue (different graphics card).

• Like 1

Hi guys,

First off, a huge thanks to acronator for the guide ( and rockinron_1 for the original guide ), I got ML (10.8.5) booted up and running on the same hardware without any problems. Sleep, network, etc. worked out-of-the-box, and sound was enabled using the same route in the guide.

I decided to try giving Mavericks a shot, though (slightly stupidly overwriting my ML install after partitioning in the installer)... It installed fine (took a while for the installer to reach the language-selection screen, but after that all was well). At least until I booted it... No network/ethernet or sound (the latter to be expected), and my non-USB3 ports kept disconnecting my dongles. Graphics worked, though. That was a little something at least!

I couldn't find any useful logs in Console or anything like that, and various bootflag combos didn't seem to help at all, so I'm now re-installing ML. 

Just wondering if anyone else with this board has had similar issues on Mavericks? I've done a search on the forum but can't find any word on the network or USB issue.

Cheers.

Specs:

GA-Z87X-UD4H

GTX 770 (Gigabyte 2GB)

16GB RAM

256GB SSD as OS drive

EDIT: I'm going to give Mavericks another shot (starting from scratch again but I'll use a different drive to ML this time). I'll make notes of any odd messages that pop up when booting using -v; I can't imagine this post is much use without this further info...

Edited by Square_Feet

UPDATE: Sept 26 2013

Following issues come up frequently:
  • Sleep/wake problem where the system freezes while waking up (no display either). 
  • Random complete system hangs where everything just freezes
  • Prolonged waits and temporary freezes with the wheel spinning away to glory or the mouse not moving. 

​Repaired permissions and also ran kext utility. Issues continue. Chipping away..will update once I have a stable system. 

I own the same board and I think that I found a solution for these freezes. Simply I disabled all the C-States in bios. (C1E - C6 - C7). After that I'had no hangs or freezes for about two days. 

The big problem is that right now we could use all the power saving system of the cpu. I only got a limited speedstep, (8x and 35x) of course limited native speedstep is better than nothing but I think we had to work hard to archive a perfect speedstep like on old cpus, and two TURBO steps. Other than that our DSDT is full of Errors and Warnings, so is very difficult to use a custom DSDT to fix things. My problem is that this is my first hack since SnowLeopard times and things has changed so much... 

PS: I suggest to use Clover instead of Chameleon because with clover iCloud, AppStore and Messages are working natively. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

please help .

hello is the first time I post in this sorry foro.y it for help but no longer do ...

I had mac osx Lion on a PC with motherboard ga- G41MT- s2p and processing intel core2 duo E5700 running perfectly other hardware was normal dvd player lg - lg blueray multicard reader with bluetooth and everything was fine except the audio hdmi .....

This month I decided to change the motherboard and processor for me what I had was a little short on presatciones ..... for what I use ........ so change the motherboard with a gigabyte ga- z87x - UD4H processor and I put a intel i7 4770k ...... from what I 've read around here has this combination of motherboard and processor, called Haswell on Mac ....

I downloaded the app store mavericks since I followed the steps in this guia...http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-mavericks/

I created the pendrive installation I have installed I have copied the mach_kernel , I have even tested with mach_kernet Haswell I installed the chameleon bootloader in on pendrive and the whole process of the added guide AppleIntelE1000e.kext ( for connecting lan plate ) added FakeSMC.kext , added GenericUSBXHCI.kext ,smbios from the extra folder chameleon have it set to imac 14.1, 14.2 Lga 1150 socket which is my. ok……

Reboot system from usb osx installation Mavericks, I erase the hard drive where you will have to go with plus installed osx osx format (journaled )

install os x Mavericks smoothly. I go back to boot from usb installation disk open terminal and run the following commands ....

cp -R / System / Library / Extensions / FakeSMC.kext / Volumes / ¨ name you have put the hard doctor where anger installed ¨ / System / Library / Extensions /

cp -R / System / Library / Extensions / GenericUSBXHCI.kext / Volumes / ¨ name you have put the hard doctor where anger installed ¨ / System / Library / Extensions /

cp -R / System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelE1000e.kext / Volumes / ¨ name you have put the hard doctor where anger installed ¨ / System / Library / Extensions /

reboot

should restart and when restarting from usb installation but this vex select the hard disk where I installed the osx .... should boot but freezes on logo screen legacy of chameleon that is white with the gray apple in the middle and bottom turning points as if loading but does not load or shows me kernel panic errors , no nothing there remains fixed .... I tried with the kernel flags and nothing more of the same and have tried with - v and the only errors that are thrown me cpu 0x3c unknown or unsupported but gets through there and stopped trying to configure bluetooth or something I locolizar desconetcado the if that were the bluetooth , which gives me problems , but I am the same ........

just note that I'm not using GraphicCard ,uso la grafica incorporada en la placa que es intel HD 4600

and I have only installed one 2 pciexpress asus pce N10 Wireless-N PCI-E adapter and the other 

Parallel / serial card PCI-E 

I guess not the cause of which will not turn out as mode-v are recognized

anyone can guide me a bit about the pq not start os x???

Sorry for my English but I'm Spanish and I had to pull google translate what I meant ..

please help .

hello is the first time I post in this sorry foro.y it for help but no longer do ...

I had mac osx Lion on a PC with motherboard ga- G41MT- s2p and processing intel core2 duo E5700 running perfectly other hardware was normal dvd player lg - lg blueray multicard reader with bluetooth and everything was fine except the audio hdmi .....

This month I decided to change the motherboard and processor for me what I had was a little short on presatciones ..... for what I use ........ so change the motherboard with a gigabyte ga- z87x - UD4H processor and I put a intel i7 4770k ...... from what I 've read around here has this combination of motherboard and processor, called Haswell on Mac ....

I downloaded the app store mavericks since I followed the steps in this guia...http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-mavericks/

I created the pendrive installation I have installed I have copied the mach_kernel , I have even tested with mach_kernet Haswell I installed the chameleon bootloader in on pendrive and the whole process of the added guide AppleIntelE1000e.kext ( for connecting lan plate ) added FakeSMC.kext , added GenericUSBXHCI.kext ,smbios from the extra folder chameleon have it set to imac 14.1, 14.2 Lga 1150 socket which is my. ok……

Reboot system from usb osx installation Mavericks, I erase the hard drive where you will have to go with plus installed osx osx format (journaled )

install os x Mavericks smoothly. I go back to boot from usb installation disk open terminal and run the following commands ....

cp -R / System / Library / Extensions / FakeSMC.kext / Volumes / ¨ name you have put the hard doctor where anger installed ¨ / System / Library / Extensions /

cp -R / System / Library / Extensions / GenericUSBXHCI.kext / Volumes / ¨ name you have put the hard doctor where anger installed ¨ / System / Library / Extensions /

cp -R / System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelE1000e.kext / Volumes / ¨ name you have put the hard doctor where anger installed ¨ / System / Library / Extensions /

reboot

should restart and when restarting from usb installation but this vex select the hard disk where I installed the osx .... should boot but freezes on logo screen legacy of chameleon that is white with the gray apple in the middle and bottom turning points as if loading but does not load or shows me kernel panic errors , no nothing there remains fixed .... I tried with the kernel flags and nothing more of the same and have tried with - v and the only errors that are thrown me cpu 0x3c unknown or unsupported but gets through there and stopped trying to configure bluetooth or something I locolizar desconetcado the if that were the bluetooth , which gives me problems , but I am the same ........

just note that I'm not using GraphicCard ,uso la grafica incorporada en la placa que es intel HD 4600

and I have only installed one 2 pciexpress asus pce N10 Wireless-N PCI-E adapter and the other 

Parallel / serial card PCI-E 

I guess not the cause of which will not turn out as mode-v are recognized

anyone can guide me a bit about the pq not start os x???

Sorry for my English but I'm Spanish and I had to pull google translate what I meant ..

Solves the problem was I had to install chameleon the latest version ......

everything running 14.2 imac smbios Lga 1150 socket 
missing hdmi audio fix ...

• 6 years later...