AMD - All video and tutorials for installing to help other User

spakk

24 posts in this topic

here should you post all video and tutorials for installing to help other User without a lot of unnecessary recurring questions to ask. The contributions include several AMD systems for OSX: Snow Leopard 10.6.x, 10.7.x Lion, Mountain Lion 10.8.x and Maverick. Please upload only complete video posts and even youtube link and tutorials. please with all disclosures of their hardware and driver changes they have made so that works hackintosh. :)

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

How-to install Mavericks on AMD Phenom II X4 945 / HD 4850 / Gigabyte GA-M720-US3)

a little help for newbies, unfortunately the video is in Russian, but takes the current kernel by Andy / Bronya or Sinetek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSRn131ZWRk

good luck!

another Video Tutorial install OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 on AMD Processor!

but takes the current amd kernel by Andy / Bronya/ Sinetek or Shaneee

• installed the latest Chameleon bootloader version
  • and put in folder /Extra/Extensions/  the current FakeSMC.kext download link here: http://www.osx86.net...ardware-sensor/  (I have installed only the FacSMC.kext to s/l/e without the plugins) and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
  • and install with chameleon bootloader the folder /Extra/modules/ only  KernelPatcher.dylib (big thanks to Gils for this information, to install only with KernelPatcher.dylib)
  • edit in Extra folder the chameleon.boot.plist file with text editor.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Boot Graphics</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1680x1050x32</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>yes</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 -v -f</string>
	<key>Quiet Boot</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>5</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

or  npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 or GraphicEnabler=NO

then make your first boot test

good luck!

Edited by spakk
  • Like 1

Video Tutorial,  how to create a DSDT.aml with DSDT Editor

1)

or another Video Tutorial, easy way to create a DSDT

although it is in French, but even if you should not understand the language, which is self-explanatory video

2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M03wRWDncUE

3)

another easy way, see here:  klick here for information and look the video tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK8sHsQ-76Q

Edited by spakk
  • Like 2

1. make an efi-string (with OSX86Tool.app) and insert the efi-string your graphics card in chameleon.boot.plist
  2. install all Nvidia graphics driver to S / L / E and install ATY_init .kext
  3. insert a suitable smbios.plist to  --> /Extra/ and edit the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext , which means you are editing the info.plist  with vendor-id and device-id in the corect place
  4. then fix the permissions,
  5. then boot your system with:npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 DSDT=NO GraphicsEnabler=YES -v -f  (if you have a DSDT.aml in Extra , than boot without DSDT! ( DSDT=NO ), this makes on my system ACPI Panic, although my DSDT is corect!!!!!

if you've done everything correctly , then enjoy the full features Nvidia with QE / CI with super graphic :D

Edit: take the last amd_Kernel by Andy ---> mach_kernel_rc4 or recent amd_Kernel of Bronya -> mach_kernel_beta_rc4_fix, both kernels work very well!

Edit2: currently I use the SMBIOS for IMac14,2, everyone should decide for themselves and test

• Like 1

:)

bouuuaaahh !!!  

QuickTime est une véritable catastrophe en mode capture d'écran !! consommation de l'UC impressionnante ,   aucun réglage possible , une sérieuse révision s'impose ! 

QuickTime is a real disaster screenshot fashion! CPU consumption impressive, no adjustments, a serious review is required!    :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:

• Like 1

bouuuaaahh !!!  

QuickTime est une véritable catastrophe en mode capture d'écran !! consommation de l'UC impressionnante ,   aucun réglage possible , une sérieuse révision s'impose ! 

QuickTime is a real disaster screenshot fashion! CPU consumption impressive, no adjustments, a serious review is required!    :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AWkyHXWtVr8

Alternatives to QuickTime

http://mac.appstorm.net/reviews/video/5-great-and-free-alternatives-to-quicktime/

la meilleure alternative et de très loin ,  reste quand même ScreenFlow :) 

the best alternative by far, still remains ScreenFlow :)

look with ML 10.8 , c'est mieux quand même , QuickTime est moins gourmand et tu as 2 réglages :) 

look with 10.8 ML is better still, QuickTime is less greedy and you have 2 settings :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WHraZyeCSr4

• Like 1

la meilleure alternative et de très loin ,  reste quand même ScreenFlow :)

the best alternative by far, still remains ScreenFlow :)

of the alternative that I have listed have only vlc and miro works, the others :ninja: ......... :hysterical: i will test now Screenflow 

works great, a great tool, thank you for this good tip, gils :thumbsup_anim: :D

• Like 1

so, I'm going now to bed... hopping, or I'm not come this morning from bed... out, bye Gils

:hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical: So people, with Google Chrome I have solved my problem! I can watch all videos online, it works very well. :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical: 

• Like 1

I tested version 4.5 ScreenFlow that gives results incommensurate with Version 3, rendering and video fluidity is really great, this little software can make small edits audio / video. mov and. mp4, the novelty of SF is that exports directly mounting. mp4 video and audio sampling has two settings, 44 khz and 48 khz. And of course
there is still little greedy in resources.

727945Capturedcran20131207011147.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

here is a good tutorials to create an USB stick from Windows for people who do not have OSX. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288795-guidecreating-os-x-usb-installer-using-a-windows-pc-only/?do=findComment&comment=1918563 all thanks goes to Ratul

I watched and followed the instructions on installing Mountain Lion on AMD. It worked fine until the boot process where I got "waiting for root device" couldn't get past that point. One thing that it does say on the video. First step is to change your BIOS to AHCI. in the video he didn't have that option on his computer so he couldn't show the full install process. I don't have AHCI on my BIOS neither. What do I need to do to install it. One thing that he was able to do is get a lot further along than I did. One more thing I wanted to mention is that several months ago I was able to start the installation but failed about 25% in to it. I believe it was because I was not using an AMD kernel. The last thing is that I got the same waiting for root device about a year ago when I tried to install Show Leopard from a DVD which did work on another computer.

AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.8GHz AM3 Processor

3GB Memory

MSI K9N6PGM2-V2 mATX Motherboard

320GB 7200RPM 3G SATA II Hard Drive

22X DVDRW SATA Drive Black

Nvidia GeForce 9500GT 1GB

I watched and followed the instructions on installing Mountain Lion on AMD. It worked fine until the boot process where I got "waiting for root device" couldn't get past that point. One thing that it does say on the video. First step is to change your BIOS to AHCI. in the video he didn't have that option on his computer so he couldn't show the full install process. I don't have AHCI on my BIOS neither. What do I need to do to install it. One thing that he was able to do is get a lot further along than I did. One more thing I wanted to mention is that several months ago I was able to start the installation but failed about 25% in to it. I believe it was because I was not using an AMD kernel. The last thing is that I got the same waiting for root device about a year ago when I tried to install Show Leopard from a DVD which did work on another computer.

AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.8GHz AM3 Processor

3GB Memory

MSI K9N6PGM2-V2 mATX Motherboard

320GB 7200RPM 3G SATA II Hard Drive

22X DVDRW SATA Drive Black

Nvidia GeForce 9500GT 1GB

try to resolve the problem, this information from a German OSX forum. I have no experience with it.

use Google translator for the translation, maybe it can help you.

http://hackintosh-forum.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=9886

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

How To Install OS X Mavericks 10.9 Retail On Windows PC (VMware)

(MrZackehhSoul)

• 7 months later...

how-to

1.) Download Yosemite from Mac App Store

2.) formatted your USB Flash Disk or external HDD and rename your USB Flash Disk as  "Installer" and format as Mac OS Extended.

3.) Install Yosemite via terminal

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Installer --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --nointeraction

3.1) Alternatively you can create your  USB Flash Disk or external HDD by using disk utility, see youtube video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8mdoFuWiJE
       this video is not mine!

4.) download Enoch Chameleon bootloader by ErmaC (see Download) Of course you can install Clover bootloader, I've not tested. if you install  /Extra/modules files with chameleon  
     bootloader, then do not to install the FileNVRAM.dylib, otherwise gets "memory allocation error!" and then your system will not boot. and used this bootflag:
     kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 -v , optionally uses the flags from your Mavericks System.

what else to note:
Smbios.plist, DSDT.aml, rom-file, etc. put it in the /Extra/ folder and Modify the org.chameleon.boot.plist
Install FakeSMC.kext, NullpowerManagement.kext, Patched_10.7_AppleRTC.kext and chipset drivers in the S / L / E
Create this folder : System/Library/kernels/ place the amd Yosemite kernel into Kernel folder.

5.) Start the system from USB Flash Disk or external HDD and install Yosemite on your "GUID" formated HDD / Partition.

6.) After installing Yosemite, boot from your second bootable OS X system (possibly from Mavericks or Mountain Lion etc.) and add the Yosemite amd kernel and overwrite the Intel kernel into the folder /System/Library/kernels/

7.) checks your system, what works and what does not work, adjust if necessary

more info follow:

If problems arise with launchpad, with Graphic of the launchpad icons, then used this Launchpad-Fix app, after unzip the file, put the app into the Applications folder and activated the app if necessary. That will fix the problems.

If should problems with the App Store or Safari, then use this FIX:

extracts the AMD-WebKit-Patch.pkg.zip and replace the existing files in /System/Library/Framework/

or invite the complete executable WebKit framework of Duran Keeley

(thanks to Duran Keeley)

Update:

If you would like to update to a newer Yosemite, then you should definitely have a second bootable partition. that makes the update easier.

Installing the full update, then start from the second bootable partition. and exchanged the Intel kernel by the amd kernel, then repair the permissions and
renew the cache with Kext-Wizard for Yosemite. then boot from the partition in which you have previously installed the update. and rejoice.

Edited by spakk
  • Like 2