• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

E-Chris

E-Chris

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

I picked up a HighPoint 2680 as it listed that it had OS X support - turns out that driver support ended with 10.5 - I'm assuming there's no way I can get this card to work in may hack is there? It uses a Marvell 88SE6485 chipset.

If that doesn't work, I know the 2721 card will work, but it's a bit more pricy than the 2720 (the PC version) which I would prefer to use. Am I stuck with the 2721 as that's the only card with OS X driver support, or is there a way to change the 2721 driver to work with the 2720?

3.14r2

3.14r2

The Round One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Provided the two cards are for the most part the same, you could try editing Info.plist of the driver (insert ID of your card).

fffeee

fffeee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Those cards couldn't suck any harder if they tried — the driver bundle involves a web service you have to use to configure the hardware RAID features of the card itself. Return it, sell it, set it on fire and get a Caldigit FASTA 6GU3 which works out of the box with OS X without any third party shenanigans.

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,975 posts

2720 works OOB as I have this card. 

Also High Point has drivers on there site for you card in question that work under 10.8. I did not test them in 10.9.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy