Gabe Newell: Linux is the future of gaming

Alessandro17

13 posts in this topic

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/09/gabe-newell-linux-is-the-future-of-gaming-new-hardware-coming-soon/

I hope it is true. It would mean the end of Microsoft arrogance. If Android (which as everybody knows is Linux) became the main OS for smartphones and tablet, why couldn't another Linux "distribution" become the main OS for PCs?

I doubt it

People have made predictions for years on how Linux will take over the world of computing.

Only geeks and nerds like Linux.

If Valve is gonna release their own distro that takes care of all of Linuxes woes, that would be awesome, but I highly doubt that Linux is fixable for the regular joe (the mean folk)

• Like 1

Who said that it is going to be "Vanilla Linux" ? (See Gringo Vermelho). And what is "Vanilla Linux" anyway?

What I meant by Vanilla Linux is regular Linux. Android is descended from Linux itself, but its differences pretty much put Android in its own category 

Hah sure. The day a Linux distro becomes a major player in the OS scene is when pigs learn how to fly. I would dualboot Ubuntu or other distro but none of them properly support my switchable graphics 6770M + HD 3000. Heck, atleast OS X can use the HD 3000, Ubuntu and OpenSUSE can't use any.