myHack white screen after installation (ML 10.8.5)

Waldimor

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

I installed the latest myHack with Mountain Lion 10.8.5 on my USB stick and the installation worked fine.

After the installation and rebooting I see the Apple boot screen and then just a white screen, nothing is happening then.

I'm not able to use my newly installed ML because of this white screen.

Is there anything to fix this?

Thanks q64ceo, it's starting now.

I also tried to implent GraphicsEnabler=no to the org.chameleon.boot.plist of myHack, but it didn't work. I have to type it everytime I boot via USB stick.

Am I able to load up GraphicsEnabler=no with myHack itself?

Thanks q64ceo, it's starting now.

I also tried to implent GraphicsEnabler=no to the org.chameleon.boot.plist of myHack, but it didn't work. I have to type it everytime I boot via USB stick.

Am I able to load up GraphicsEnabler=no with myHack itself?

When you get Chameleon installed on your hard drive, install a program called Chameleon Wizard. You can find it on this forum.

Using it you can set GraphicsEnabler via that program

So, it is not possible to allocate GraphicsEnabler=No to the chameleon installed on my USB stick?

Yes, yes it is.

But its better to have the boot loader on your hard drive rather than booting every time from the USB stick

boot with -x. if you can boot into that, backup and delete all ATI* AMDRadeon* NVDA* GeForce* AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* AppleIntelFramebuffer* from S/L/E and rebuilt your kext cache, fix permissions and reboot with -v GraphicsEnabler=No

if you cannot boot with -x, try with -s and

mkdir kextbackup
cd /SL/E

mv (all those mentioned kexts above) /kextbackup

rm ../Caches/com,apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache

reboot with -v GraphicsEnabler=No (in addition to this, depending on your hardware you may add dart=0,etc)

boot with -x. if you can boot into that, backup and delete all ATI* AMDRadeon* NVDA* GeForce* AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* AppleIntelFramebuffer* from S/L/E and rebuilt your kext cache, fix permissions and reboot with -v GraphicsEnabler=No

if you cannot boot with -x, try with -s and

mkdir kextbackup

cd /SL/E

mv (all those mentioned kexts above) /kextbackup

rm ../Caches/com,apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache

reboot with -v GraphicsEnabler=No (in addition to this, depending on your hardware you may add dart=0,etc)

my problem was myhack.kext (there are a lot of kexts insede the kext at the plugin-folder). try to remove it and add fakesmc. and repair permissions. try to boot with -f