Can't Boot 10.8.5 Kernel Panic

Best Answer rlf, 14 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

The "eveusb.kext" is part of Eltima's USB Network Gate.  You installed the app in your Applications folder.  When run, the app installs a framework in /Library/Frameworks.  That framework has the kext hidden within it: /Library/Frameworks/EveUSB.framework/Versions/A/Support/eveusb.kext

Temporarily remove the framework AND the app to get booting again.  I suspect the app will run when you boot, so if you don't remove it, it will run and reinstall the framework. 

It appears that Eltima issued another version of the software on 9/12/2013 so maybe it has a fix needed for 10.8.5: http://www.eltima.co...-over-ethernet/
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

CoderPro12

CoderPro12

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Just install the Combo update for 10.8.5 and now it's not booting and im getting the following Kernel Panic When booting via -v -f the system will boot via SafeBoot sometimes

Attached Files

TheEnthusiast

TheEnthusiast

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
If you have that USB 3.0 kext, remove it.

CoderPro12

CoderPro12

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

If you have that USB 3.0 kext, remove it.

Don't have that installed , like i said before it boots to Safeboot so its a drive but have no idea what one 

rlf

rlf

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Best Answer

The "eveusb.kext" is part of Eltima's USB Network Gate.  You installed the app in your Applications folder.  When run, the app installs a framework in /Library/Frameworks.  That framework has the kext hidden within it: /Library/Frameworks/EveUSB.framework/Versions/A/Support/eveusb.kext

Temporarily remove the framework AND the app to get booting again.  I suspect the app will run when you boot, so if you don't remove it, it will run and reinstall the framework. 

It appears that Eltima issued another version of the software on 9/12/2013 so maybe it has a fix needed for 10.8.5: http://www.eltima.co...-over-ethernet/

CoderPro12

CoderPro12

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Thanks You .

You Saved my hackintosh 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy