10.8.5 out

edebca0c

231 posts in this topic

hello

10.8 and 10.9 not related...

the kext from one to another don't work...

have u the onboard graphics disable ?

good hack

yes i disabled onboard graphics , i saw alot people have this problem with ML 10.8.5 , special in haswell builds

no matter what i tried i cant pass PCI Configuration begin

-v -x

-v npci=0x2000

-v npci=0x3000

-v npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0/1

-v GE=Yes/No npci=0x3000/0x2000

always same stuck in PCI Configuration begin

ML 10.8.5

The AppleACPIPlatform.kext version 1.3.6 regression ought to do the trick.

AppleACPIPlatform.kext-v.1.3.6.zip

i tried  PCIRootUID=0/1

but same results stuck in PCI with stock kexts

Sorry for interfere  :P . For me "PCI Configuration begin" is normal (even on install OSX). If I disable Ethernet device, it disappears. Anyway OSX runs every time .

I have a little suggestion to ham4ever- just delete all kexts of your graphics, If you have two graphics delete all kexts of these two. After install OSX , install the kexts you need.

Hope will be successfull  :)

Thank you

Palash

Sorry for interfere  :P . For me "PCI Configuration begin" is normal (even on install OSX). If I disable Ethernet device, it disappears. Anyway OSX runs every time .

I have a little suggestion to ham4ever- just delete all kexts of your graphics, If you have two graphics delete all kexts of these two. After install OSX , install the kexts you need.

Hope will be successfull  :)

Thank you

Palash

deleting graphics kext didnt help either :(

update: i used earlier version of IOPCIFamily.kext and i  though it was stuck but i let it , then i saw its LOADING but :)  slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow very slow that i had to give up and shut down :(

The update went pretty well for me on my z68 build. Haven't tried my other computers yet. I had to change npci=0x3000 to 2000 in order for it to detect audio and my Ethernet card. Updated fakesmc and applehda. I'm on gigabyte's uefi bios and I'm not using a dsdt, I have applelpc loaded with native power management working. Is there something changed about the way console messages are handled in 10.8.5? I was checking p-states with msrdumper and they usually just show up in the console log. To see the p-states in 10.8.5 I had to do cat /var/log/system.log | grep MSRDumper.

Neither of my other computers have a dsdt patch for lpc. If I don't have a patch will I need to create one, or does that only apply to people who are already using a patch?

deleting graphics kext didnt help either :(

update: i used earlier version of IOPCIFamily.kext and i  though it was stuck but i let it , then i saw its LOADING but :)  slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow very slow that i had to give up and shut down :(

You can try this - http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3551-pci-configuration-begin-fix/

Fine here so far. I don't have Bluetooth and I don't use AppleHDA.kext though.

I still have insta-wake from S3 with "wake reason PXSX".

I don't know how or where to start troubleshooting this, "PXSX" appears under five different "IOPCIToPCIBridge" nodes in ioreg.

/EDIT

Deleted GenericUSBXHCI.kext and no more insta-wake.

-gux_defer_usb2 kernel flag or changing XHC controller BIOS settings did not help.

• Like 1

In my case (Asus P8Z77-V Pro) it's probably the ASMedia USB 3.0 controller, since removing the driver fixes the issue.

I haven't tried disabling it in the BIOS while keeping Zenith432's driver running (it takes over for the Intel USB 3.0 ports as well).

tbh I don't really care at this point, my USB 3.0 flash drive was stolen so it doesn't matter to me right now if the ports work or not.