10.8.5 out

edebca0c

231 posts in this topic

Netkas has provided us many great things, but wasn't the ncpi=0x... flag discovered by bcc9?

Yes, thanks, that and the dart=0 fix for the vt-d issue with some motherboards.  These simple boot argument fixes spread like wildfire so it's understandable that most never learn where they came from.  Too bad though when the original technical discussion gets all but lost in the process.

• Like 3

For people with Atheros AR30xx bluetooth who have updated to 10.8.5 and noticed bluetooth takes an unusually ling time to enable/reenable. If you are now experiencing 30 second delays for bluetooth to get enabled after sleep (provided, you use a working fw uploader kext and vanilla IOBluetoothFamily from 10.8.5) here's a quick workaround I've conjured while listening to some chiptune... Patch IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport plugins's binary from 0000010f85de000000 to 0000010f84de000000.

Atheros AR30xx controllers are unable to send commandWakeup() because firmware is unloaded across sleep but the kext expects this command to configure PM for the given controller... by patching jne to je we eliminate the 30 sec timeout during which kext expects to receive a wakeup command and instead make it just jump to enabling bluetooth straight away.

Would you kindly upload the already patched IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext binary? :] Thank You.

Plugin patched as requested above?

:D My hack has a  Broadcom BT which Dell branded though. With the help of bcc9's kext, it worked perfectly even though I did notice the 30 second problem. Thanks for your hard work. :D

My original kext post including package installer & source is over here:   http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/136515-dell-wireless-365370410-bluetooth/?do=findComment&comment=1239975

Wow 3500+ downloads.  Pretty good for just a dell driver.

:D   First of all, I want to express my thankfulness for your great kext. I've some usb dongles with CSR chipset which work out of the box. But one annoying fact is that it will always prompt me some verification window unlike the Dell BT which just connects. Any ideas to improve usb dongle experience? :D