[HELP] Best Motherboard for i5-3570k and OSX ML10.8.x!?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Vorshim92

Vorshim92

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Hi! As you can see in my signature I have a good PC, great for OSX! but i have a problem! i have a problem because (I THINK) for this motherboard I can install it, osx 10.8... 

I have made ​​millions of tests

I'm here to ask you advice about the best motherboard for my configuration for 10.8.x (maybe also 10.9) :D

Thanks a lot!

tanner

tanner

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Hi! As you can see in my signature I have a good PC, great for OSX! but i have a problem! i have a problem because (I THINK) for this motherboard I can install it, osx 10.8... 

I have made ​​millions of tests

I'm here to ask you advice about the best motherboard for my configuration for 10.8.x (maybe also 10.9) :D

Thanks a lot!

Hello I notice you have the H77, the difference between the H77 and the Z77 is mainly that you cannot overclock on the H77.

I notice that you also have the i5 3570k, which might I add is a very nice chip. But you cannot overclock your cpu because you have an H77 motherboard, if you purchase a motherboard starting with Z then you can usually overclock in the bios.

For Hackintosh many people are using Z68s and P67s, but since the 3570k is very powerful, I would recommend one of these motherboards:

http://www.newegg.co...ING&PageSize=20

Depending on your budget and whether you would like to overclock or not is all up to you. I would suggest that if you would ever want to overclock to buy a Z77 or Z87. For an all-round great motherboard for hackintosh, overclocking, and price I would suggest going for an Asrock Z77, which is what I have.

Picasso

Picasso

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

P67A-UD3P-B3

All Native.

Vorshim92

Vorshim92

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

P67A-UD3P-B3

All Native.

this unfortunately I can not find it online! T.T

Hello I notice you have the H77, the difference between the H77 and the Z77 is mainly that you cannot overclock on the H77.

I notice that you also have the i5 3570k, which might I add is a very nice chip. But you cannot overclock your cpu because you have an H77 motherboard, if you purchase a motherboard starting with Z then you can usually overclock in the bios.

For Hackintosh many people are using Z68s and P67s, but since the 3570k is very powerful, I would recommend one of these motherboards:

http://www.newegg.co...ING&PageSize=20

Depending on your budget and whether you would like to overclock or not is all up to you. I would suggest that if you would ever want to overclock to buy a Z77 or Z87. For an all-round great motherboard for hackintosh, overclocking, and price I would suggest going for an Asrock Z77, which is what I have.

http://www.e-key.it/...3-atx-28588.htm are you sure that this will work with ML 10.8.x??? thanks anyway... I know I did a stupid thing to buy the h77 with this cpu ahahaha 

i found also this GA-Z77-DS3H... what do you think?

praetorius

praetorius

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

GA-Z77 DS3H should be just fine. Most Gigabyte boards work without DSDT.

Vorshim92

Vorshim92

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

GA-Z77 DS3H should be just fine. Most Gigabyte boards work without DSDT.

very good! but it should works with intel hd 4000 only? now I have only this gpu, of the i5

tanner

tanner

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Hello, the GA-Z77 DS3H is a great motherboard. I am sorry could you elaborate on the onboard graphics and i5 that you are talking about.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 5,864 posts

I have that CPU in an Asus P8Z77-V Pro, running 10.8.5. Everything on this board works except the Wi-Fi, there is no OS X driver for it. 

About the HD4000:

http://www.insanelym...ig-platform-id/

Vorshim92

Vorshim92

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

thanks a lot! ;) :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy