mekkanizer

mekkanizer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:C++

Hello everybody.

My machine is ASUS N76 with core i7-3630QM, integrated graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000, discrete graphics: NVIDIA GT 740M.

I've resized my windows 8 partition to free ~40GB of space. I formatted my usb-stick using "HP Low Level Format Tool". Then I deployed an HFS installation image to usb-stick, using R-Drive. When I'm booting from the stick, I get several errors. Here's a screenshot.

rzO-cUkG978.jpeg

So the questions are:

1. Could you help me with this installation method?

2. If not, could you suggest a guide on how-to install OS X (preferably from usb-stick) on a GUID hard drive, dual-booted with windows 8?

P. S. I also would like to mention that my notebook has UEFI, not BIOS

chris1111

chris1111

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,524 posts

Try to flag

GraphicsEnabler=No -v -f -x

respecte cap and space  :) 

tanner

tanner

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

1. Could you help me with this installation method?

2. If not, could you suggest a guide on how-to install OS X (preferably from usb-stick) on a GUID hard drive, dual-booted with windows 8?

P. S. I also would like to mention that my notebook has UEFI, not BIOS

If you are using Mac OS X, use Myhack to restore the ML Disk Image to your 8GB> Drive.  Just like christ1111 said, try and mess around with the boot flags try "-v -x" "-v -f" Also what distro and version of OS X are you using?

mekkanizer

mekkanizer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello everybody and thanks for replying.

christ1111, Could you please clarify, how can I add any "flags"? I mean, where to put this line of code?

tannerstell, I am not using Mac OS X. I am using Windows 8. But I guess R-Drive is kind of "Myhack" software you mentioned. I already restored an installing image to the usb drive, but if "ML Disk Image" is something else, could you please share a link? And the same question about flags. Where to put them?

chris1111

chris1111

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,524 posts

OK for using flag , at start up background, just type space keyboard and now you have possibility to typing the flag  :P  :)

mekkanizer

mekkanizer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

christ1111, The flag didn't help, it freezes even earlier than before. (you can see this line on the screenshot, it says "[ PCI configuration end, bridges 5 devices 13 ]")

The original readme for the image says something like:

(Sorry for poor Russian-English translation)

1. When you booted from the usb drive choose MLionUSB
2. Start the installation
3. After the installation boot from usb drive again and choose the installed OS X
4. Then, after successfeul boot, install Chamelion

***For the successful boot you need to install Chamelion and use YOUR EXTRA

So the questions are:

1. Do I need Clover instead of Chamelion because I have UEFI?

2. Do I need anything else according to the fact that I want to have an option of booting Windows 8 (dual-boot)?

3. What's extra (.kext file?) and how can I make my own?

3.14r2

3.14r2

The Round One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

So the questions are:

1. Do I need Clover instead of Chamelion because I have UEFI?

2. Do I need anything else according to the fact that I want to have an option of booting Windows 8 (dual-boot)?

3. What's extra (.kext file?) and how can I make my own?

1. The important difference between the two boot loaders (Clover and Chameleon) is UEFI support. Clover can be used with UEFI mode (the default mode Windows 8 uses). Chameleon can only work when BIOS is set to Legacy mode (or older pre-UEFI BIOSes). Clover can also work in Legacy mode, but the main point with Clover is to use it in UEFI enabled PCs.

3. Extra is a special folder used by the boot loader to store settings and/or additional kexts. Kext +- = driver in Windows world.

BTW, here we have a Russian subforum...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy