Nvidia Optimus GT 630m - NOT Working in Mavericks (OTB) - Intel HD 4000 is Ok

volram

15 posts in this topic

Everybody knows that with Geforce.kext and others Nvidia kexts the system hangs and the video crash. But with the actualization of Mavericks (DP2-DP7), my two cards are running. I'm using SMBIOS 9,1. I don´t know if the system automatically switch between the cards. My files for those that want to dig in this. Thanks. http://db.tt/0qjLahVb

The GT630m card does not work, because no display for this card shows up.

You are not the first one with a working Nvida card in an Optimus enabled lappy.

I am sorry for you. I have really wished, that you have got it running.

Have fun.

• 1 month later...

Could you maybe try to attach an external monitor, to a connector that is directly connected to the NVIDIA GPU, to see what happens? At least some progress is made as the system doesn't crash anymore, and some power management works, too, as when not disabling the NVIDIA GPU by DSDT the system doesn't really get hotter.

• 2 weeks later...

can't see the file only photo and by your screenshot i look yor conf. is like my with hd3000 & GF610m but if you look it better you can see as ram show's only "1MB" also it's only partially recognized and don't cause crash with geforce.kext

I have disabled integrated graphics card in bios (boot VGA Controller Selection for" to "other" instead of "windows 7/Vista"), and the behavior is the same in the OS X (no acceleration by Nvidia). In Windows 7 only one card (nvidia). The problem has to be in some other thing...

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Pretty late, but let's answer anyway.

@volram

Not sure if you had any luck yet, but probably your bootloader (Chameleon, Clover, ...) will drop the system DSDT and maybe SSDT's and then load the ones you have provided. Your BIOS setting might involve changing the system DSDT/SSDT's, which are afterwards dropped by the bootloader and replaced by ones that might not have the appropriate edits. To test, you could extract them under Windows and compare between the BIOS settings.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know a think: nvidia card+intel card (OPTIMUS) is not working under OSX!!!! In this scenario you may have ONLY intel card working properly! You can verify if in bios you can disable intel card, some laptops allow you to do it.

That's why I've bough my Clevo laptop: no intel card=no optimus!

Stop waste your time!

;)

Hello!

All Nvidia mobile cards without direct connection to display do not work under OSX because of Optimus, except there is the option in unmodded bios to switch to dedicated card only like on Leonovo Thinkpad W520, starting with the Sandybrigde platform.

Therefore I have to agree with Rikoshet: Stop wasting your time. It is not worth getting perhaps troubles by trying to use a modded bios, because this could end up with a black screen, if you switch with it to the dedicated gfx because of no connected display.

Have fun.

• 10 months later...