• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

volram

volram

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Everybody knows that with Geforce.kext and others Nvidia kexts the system hangs and the video crash. But with the actualization of Mavericks (DP2-DP7), my two cards are running. I'm using SMBIOS 9,1. I don´t know if the system automatically switch between the cards. My files for those that want to dig in this. Thanks. http://db.tt/0qjLahVb

styrian

styrian

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

The GT630m card does not work, because no display for this card shows up.

You are not the first one with a working Nvida card in an Optimus enabled lappy.

I am sorry for you. I have really wished, that you have got it running.

Have fun.

Mikoman

Mikoman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

I think you are confusing the detection of the card with a working situation. 

There is no problem to get it detected via string but the actual switch does not work. 

volram

volram

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Well, the card is not only detected, but is working with the intel hd 4000. That is the point. The kext Geforce.kext don't load with ML and the system crashes. But with Mavericks that don't happen. Look at Ioreg.

necrophagous

necrophagous

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

nope you must be mistaken. 

there isn't any vanilla solution for optimus graphic card switching in OS X at least for now

volram

volram

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Please, look at Ioreg attached, and then leap at a conclusion and don't vice versa.

Brabbelbla

Brabbelbla

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Could you maybe try to attach an external monitor, to a connector that is directly connected to the NVIDIA GPU, to see what happens? At least some progress is made as the system doesn't crash anymore, and some power management works, too, as when not disabling the NVIDIA GPU by DSDT the system doesn't really get hotter.

bberts

bberts

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

can't see the file only photo and by your screenshot i look yor conf. is like my with hd3000 & GF610m but if you look it better you can see as ram show's only "1MB" also it's only partially recognized and don't cause crash with geforce.kext

volram

volram

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

I have disabled integrated graphics card in bios (boot VGA Controller Selection for" to "other" instead of "windows 7/Vista"), and the behavior is the same in the OS X (no acceleration by Nvidia). In Windows 7 only one card (nvidia). The problem has to be in some other thing...

melaverde

melaverde

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

630m oob?

Brabbelbla

Brabbelbla

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Pretty late, but let's answer anyway.

@volram

Not sure if you had any luck yet, but probably your bootloader (Chameleon, Clover, ...) will drop the system DSDT and maybe SSDT's and then load the ones you have provided. Your BIOS setting might involve changing the system DSDT/SSDT's, which are afterwards dropped by the bootloader and replaced by ones that might not have the appropriate edits. To test, you could extract them under Windows and compare between the BIOS settings.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GT 630m, Optimus, Switching card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy