Apple iMac11,1+MacBookPro5,3+MacBookPro8,1 UEFI firmware dump, extracted modules and firmware volume map

iMac11.1 firmware Apple EFI

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

nhoj_yelbom

nhoj_yelbom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

do you know where the serial and model identifiers are stored in the dumped rom's?

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,619 posts
  • Interests:Programming stuff for Mac OS X...
    Hacking...
    Hard rock (also really big Metallica...

do you know where the serial and model identifiers are stored in the dumped rom's?

they are stored in the SMBIOS table.
look for _DMI

thaGH05T

thaGH05T

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

they are stored in the SMBIOS table.
look for _DMI

OK, this post may have opened up a few doors for me. First of all starting at the very first post what is phoenix tools and where do I get them. I have searched Google but don't wanna download just any tool with the name. second, I downloaded the files provided in the first post and have been picking them apart but have very little knowledge in this field. My goal is to be able to pull a .scap from Apple.com and modify it to suit my needs. But the majority of the file is unreadable. What exactly are you guys doing by extracting it farther? 

nhoj_yelbom

nhoj_yelbom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

OK, this post may have opened up a few doors for me. First of all starting at the very first post what is phoenix tools and where do I get them. I have searched Google but don't wanna download just any tool with the name. second, I downloaded the files provided in the first post and have been picking them apart but have very little knowledge in this field. My goal is to be able to pull a .scap from Apple.com and modify it to suit my needs. But the majority of the file is unreadable. What exactly are you guys doing by extracting it farther? 

here is the link, when its run in the tool it extracts

Slightly updated script

https://www.dropbox....z/Apple_EFI.zip

in a mid 2012 macbook pro dump, it does not label any? guess they are not identified?

beebeebee

beebeebee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Is there any solution to process and use the apple efi updates .scap file to write a fresh dump directly to an efi chip if required?

ouimetnick

ouimetnick

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Anyone know how to blank out a logic board serial number? When Apple refurbishes them, they erase the serial number, so the technician has to re enter the serial number for the computer it goes into. They use a special CD, and it can only be done once. How do they (Apple) erase it? I know that the SN is stored on the boot ROM chip that also holds the EFI.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iMac11.1, firmware, Apple, EFI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy