First of all, thanks for this great forum that helped us learn and understand about Mac OS for our PC's.
Second; I want to brieflt describe my experience with Snow Leopard on my Acer Aspire 5630-6288 using Empire EFI. I did install Snow leopard two times and then I used chameleon 2.0 RC3, PC EFI 10.5, FakeSMC v2,
- During the installation I needed to use an external display.
- After the installation I needed to install PS2 Fix for the trackpad and for the keyboard.
- I used VoodooBattery kext to show the Battery Percentage.
- GMA 950 kext to fix the Display.
- Sound worked using VoodooHDA kext
- The 3945abg wireless mini-pci never worked, I then tried the atheros AR5BXB63 mini pci card and didn't work either.
- Ethernet controller did show power because both lights (green and orange) were on but unfortunately I was unable to connect to internet.
- I did the same procedure during installation but with the difference that I replace the wifi card with a ATHEROS AR5B91.
- After installation I needed to fix the keyboard, the trackpad and the display again (Used the same kexts used on the 1st installation.
- The airport Logo was there but didn't find my router and didn't wanted to connect by adding the router manually. I installed AtherosFix Kext and nothing. After that I did a trick of placing a tape in PIN #20 and it WORKED!!! It worked Flawlessly in an WPA2 security, Found the router immediately.
- Ethernet controller with the same issue as before.
- Tried sleepenabler kext but didn't work.
And here is my problem;
I don't have sound during the second installation even I installed VoodooHDA kext used for the first installation. I tried different kexts for of VoodooHDA, tried one for the ALC883 and nothing, and obviously the AppleHDA kext OOB didn't work. I used kext helper b7 to install the kexts.
Any idea that what caused that? The difference between installations was that during the second installation I add some kexts that the chameleon 2.0 offered.
Is it correct to just throw the kexts to thrash if you don't needed or wanted? If not, then how I can remove the undesire ones and how to rebuild the cache from the old installations made and didn't help?
Is there any sleepenable kext that work on SL? I tried 2 of them, but when I select the SLEEP option the PC freezes and I need to reboot.
Thanks and I will help in anything I can with you as well.