Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

@Pavo Brilliant! Worked like a charm. No need to call Apple Support anymore. I wonder what will happen now if I use iMessage on my real mac and my hack at a same time? Should both work fine or just one of them or... none. Thank you.

Will work perfectly fine, I use my ROM and MLB from my MBP on 5 of my hacks and have iMessage and FaceTime working fine, I can even use FaceTime from 2 or 3 different machines at the same time no issues 

:P  Its a bug with vHDA, it will panic when intel graphics is enabled. Disable it in defaults if you want to test. It will be fixed in next build and even better.   :wink_anim:

Yes, that works -> no more kernel panic :) However, no QeCI with stock ig-platform-id.. am not using a custom DSDT or SSDT... everything integrated into BIOS, Devicetables are stock...

It was only a problem with the vHDA in 1479 oz build as far as I know. I was using appleHDA before that so I'm not sure if new vHDA kexts panic as well with intel graphics. 

I just updated to the latest vHDA and also using my Intel HD 4400 iGPU and its working perfectly

c7cyO1J.png

lzZkNDt.png

• Like 1

I just updated to the latest vHDA and also using my Intel HD 4400 iGPU and its working perfectly

vHDA mean voodooHDA, right?!

Have you converted the with kext2ffs, or make you more with the file?

i have with the original ozmosis voodoohda a problem with sleep. when the machine wake up from the sleep i have kernel panic and automatic reboot.

actually i use the disablerhda in S/L/E this works perfectly. but you write the latest vHDA works perfectly too ... have you the same problem with sleep? 

vHDA mean voodooHDA, right?!

Have you converted the with kext2ffs, or make you more with the file?

i have with the original ozmosis voodoohda a problem with sleep. when the machine wake up from the sleep i have kernel panic and automatic reboot.

actually i use the disablerhda in S/L/E this works perfectly. but you write the latest vHDA works perfectly too ... have you the same problem with sleep? 

Do you mean vhda from Ozmosis package or VoodooHDA 2.8.7 my compilation? Last one sleeps/wakes fine as confirmed by thousands users. 

That is because you are injecting hda-gfx property for a disabled codec(IGPU) and you are not using applehda but voodoohda.

There is a reason why Apple use two sets of SSDT's for IGPU one with hda-gfx prop, the other without...

Also there is a clear example on how it should be done in OZ BIOS ACPI, but nobody bother to read/follow and instead use generic patches from maciasl or whatever....

• Like 1

Do you mean vhda from Ozmosis package or VoodooHDA 2.8.7 my compilation? Last one sleeps/wakes fine as confirmed by thousands users. 

I mean the voodoohda from the ozmosis package.

That is because you are injecting hda-gfx property for a disabled codec(IGPU) and you are not using applehda but voodoohda.

There is a reason why Apple use two sets of SSDT's for IGPU one with hda-gfx prop, the other without...

Also there is a clear example on how it should be done in OZ BIOS ACPI, but nobody bother to read/follow and instead use generic patches from maciasl or whatever....

I don't understand your assertion.

My Config:

DSDT in OZM-BIOS ... extract with MaciASL: System DSDT.zip

vHDA from Ozmosis package in Ozmosis BIOS

HDADisabler in S/L/E

I use only the intern HD4000 from my CPU.

What is my way? which I must do?

I mean the voodoohda from the ozmosis package.

I don't understand your assertion.

My Config:

DSDT in OZM-BIOS ... extract with MaciASL: attachicon.gifSystem DSDT.zip

vHDA from Ozmosis package in Ozmosis BIOS

HDADisabler in S/L/E

I use only the intern HD4000 from my CPU.

What is my way? which I must do?

Extract Oz DSDT and compare with yours, then you will see the mistake(s).

Also remove voodoohda from bios and look on bdmesg, then add it back to bios and look again on bdmesg.

Oz has own AI that sometimes gets broken by user mistakes, not every scenario can be covered...

• Like 1

Extract Oz DSDT and compare with yours, then you will see the mistake(s).

Also remove voodoohda from bios and look on bdmesg, then add it back to bios and look again on bdmesg.

Oz has own AI that sometimes gets broken by user mistakes, not every scenario can be covered...

Oh ... I compare my System DSDT with the DSDT from Ozmosis 1479 ... i can find many differences. but i have no idea which I must modify.

I do not have a notion with dsdt patching.

bdmesg ... when remove the voodoohda i think, the unpatched applehda loading but with no result. i can patch the applehda and sound working without problems.

but with voodoohda in bios the system is 100% vanilla ... thats my target. 

Oh ... I compare my System DSDT with the DSDT from Ozmosis 1479 ... i can find many differences. but i have no idea which I must modify.

I do not have a notion with dsdt patching.

bdmesg ... when remove the voodoohda i think, the unpatched applehda loading but with no result. i can patch the applehda and sound working without problems.

but with voodoohda in bios the system is 100% vanilla ... thats my target. 

I already told you where the problem is, it is with the hda-gfx injection you are making with DSDT(as other injections...) and gave you the example to fallow.

I told you to look on bdmesg with and without VoodooHda in BIOS especial to see what OZ does/inject, so you have an idea what is going on and what you have to do.

First: thanks for your attempt to help me, but I have from dsdt, injection and bdmesg no notion and will also never understand what you mean. Sorry for it.

I understand a little bit what you mean. But i have no idea what i must change, or do, or what i do when add modifys in my dsdt.

I need a finished dsdt ... and I can understand if no desire in addition have. :( No Problem. 

First: thanks for your attempt to help me, but I have from dsdt, injection and bdmesg no notion and will also never understand what you mean. Sorry for it.

I understand a little bit what you mean. But i have no idea what i must change, or do, or what i do when add modifys in my dsdt.

I need a finished dsdt ... and I can understand if no desire in addition have. :( No Problem. 

Hi,

First you can attach your DSDT to see what's wrong.

Fred

...and will also never understand what you mean...

Never say never, you have to start from something.

I was n00b too, if you want to learn then you will.

Or you can chose the easy path and ask somebody else to do it for you, but that exclude me, is not my way to do things(read my signature ;) )

• Like 1

Never say never, you have to start from something.

I was n00b too, if you want to learn then you will.

Or you can chose the easy path and ask somebody else to do it for you, but that exclude me, is not my way to do things(read my signature ;) )

Our friend CrazyCreator is from germany, so it's not easy to understand all meaning!

@ CrazyCreator!

1- In your Bios and EFI and S/L/E remove all vHDA and VoodooHDA.

2- Then to understand what meaning of The KING, Your patched DSDT contain onboard-2 or onboard-1. so if you use IGPU you have to put it on onboard-1 if discrete graphics put onboard-2 to avoid problem!

3- Then only add in Bios vHDA from 1479 FirmWare

Edited by ammoune78

Our friend CrazyCreator is from germany, so it's not easy to understand all meaning!

@ CrazyCreator!

1- In your Bios and EFI and S/L/E remove all vHDA and VoodooHDA.

2- Then to understand what meaning of The KING, Your patched DSDT contain onboard-2 or onboard-1. so if you use IGPU you have to put it on onboard-1 if discrete graphics put onboard-2 to avoid problem!

3- Then only add in Bios vHDA from 1479 FirmWare

I didn't said such thing.

I will try to be more detailed:

Oz if it finds VoodooHda in BIOS and IGPU enabled, it disable the codec for it so user does not get useless HDMI entries on audio preferences.like you can see on Pavo's example with trunk VoodooHda loaded separate.

It setup the codec verbs for supported codecs in various scenario like ahada used and igpu or user want internal spdif enabled with vhda etc.

Oz also setup the hda-gfx property for HDEF and IGPU as other HDA related and needed injections.

This can be easy seen in bdmesg if someone spends some time to read it and also mean that user does not have to inject anything for HDEF and IGPU because Oz take care of this for them.

I hope now is sharp clear and who want example know where to look.

• Like 1

Thats great :) ... What DSDT you need, Extract with UEFITool -> AmiboardInfo.bin -> DSDT2Bios or Loading with MaciASL and Save? 

After reading forum, forgot what i said, it seem's that you don't have home made DSDT.

Fred

I didn't said such thing.

I will try to be more detailed:

Oz if it finds VoodooHda in BIOS and IGPU enabled, it disable the codec for it so user does not get useless HDMI entries on audio preferences.like you can see on Pavo's example with trunk VoodooHda loaded separate.

It setup the codec verbs for supported codecs in various scenario like ahada used and igpu or user want internal spdif enabled with vhda etc.

Oz also setup the hda-gfx property for HDEF and IGPU as other HDA related and needed injections.

This can be easy seen in bdmesg if someone spends some time to read it and also mean that user does not have to inject anything for HDEF and IGPU because Oz take care of this for them.

I hope now is sharp clear and who want example know where to look.

Care to elaborate?

In my case Oz doesn't inject hd4600

also tried 

sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:AAPL,ig-platform-id=0x0d220003

still doesn't work :(

Is it possible to load Oz vHDA.ffs from EFI partition?

No.

Care to elaborate?

In my case Oz doesn't inject hd4600

also tried 

sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:AAPL,ig-platform-id=0x0d220003

still doesn't work :(

Then your processor id is not on list, yet, maybe on future...