Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

It's a fresh install

It's panic even when trying to load installer.

Before (on previous systems) I used cloveralc by toleda

What is not fresh is your pre-made DSDT/SSDT's, this is what I call, with no offence, brainless hackintoshing.

You get panic because you are instructing AppleHDA(the auto HDMI/DP DSDT/SSDT stuff I bet you use) to register for your sound and you do the same with VoodooHDA.

I also tried with default dsdt (from gigabyte without any patch) and no other kexts/enablers other than the defaults oz kexts (from quo bios)

same results

As I said before, without any kind of dumps/logs, only God may help you...

How do I get log if I can't boot the system?

I can attach two identical bios files with only difference is vhda

one work fine and the other KP.

:(

Take a picture of the screen with your cellphone and post, try to remove VooDooHDA from bios 

What is not fresh is your pre-made DSDT/SSDT's, this is what I call, with no offence, brainless hackintoshing.

You get panic because you are instructing AppleHDA(the auto HDMI/DP DSDT/SSDT stuff I bet you use) to register for your sound and you do the same with VoodooHDA.

Hi, i have the same problem and it's fresh install without any edited DSDT or SSDT still investigating 

Removed VoodooHda boot without any KP  

Hardware is in my firm 

How do I get log if I can't boot the system?

I can attach two identical bios files with only difference is vhda

one work fine and the other KP.

:(

The correct way is to get a darwindumper with the bios without vhda.

And yes take picture of panic.

I have read the first 50 pages or so and am running a modified ozmosis BIOS on my ASUS X79, but have some questions that have hopefully found answer in the pages since then: 

1. Is there any way to alter an ASUS BIOS to allow you to write to NVRAM within the OS when the current the BIOS does not already support this feature? I have an ASUS X99 Deluxe that does not have writeable NVRAM with any of the three BIOS releases available for the motherboard.

2. If there is no way to add this module to the BIOS, is there a work around that can provide equivalent functionality?