Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

For my 3930k I use 1281 (0x501). It shows up as a 6-Core Intel Xeon.

Injected via defaults (nvram will work too).

Ok tested 0x501 still as unknown.

sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:CpuType=0x501

correct right?

Try sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:CpuType=1281

I injected it via OzmosisDefaults.plist as

<key>CpuType</key>
<integer>1281</integer>

Make sure there isn't already an old CpuType nvram variable left over from earlier attempts.

sudo nvram -d 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:CpuType will remove an existing variable.

did you removed CPUInjector.kext ?

Can you tell us, KEXT that you installed

Fred

yes

Try sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:CpuType=1281

I injected it via OzmosisDefaults.plist as

<key>CpuType</key>

<integer>1281</integer>

Make sure there isn't already an old CpuType nvram variable left over from earlier attempts.

sudo nvram -d 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:CpuType will remove an existing variable.

still not working, maybe it fails to set the nvram?

yes

But, Can you tell us, other KEXT that you installed ?

was u using clover before ? if yes did toy remove it ?

To see if nvram working do that :

sudo nvram mykey=12357

reboot

and do nvram -p , if you see mykey nvram is ok.

Fred

the correct vale is 2561 for ivy bridge-e (not 1281 as riley freeman suggested)

Thanks! Everyting is working now ;)

But, Can you tell us, other KEXT that you installed ?

was u using clover before ? if yes did toy remove it ?

To see if nvram working do that :

sudo nvram mykey=12357

reboot

and do nvram -p , if you see mykey nvram is ok.

Fred

I never used the Cpuinjector kext on clover, just someting i tested with Oz. have removed the Kext now, Cpu Type is working now.

so please, share to all of us the correct boot arguments you used

updated the ozmosidefaults with:

<key>CpuType</key>

<integer>2561</integer>

--

So now my only issue is to fix the memory. Hopefully a ozmosis fix

• Like 2

Success with H81M-HD3

My two ram slots are showing correctly in system-info now.

Kext loading from bios and/or efi works great.

DSDT loading from efi doesn't - no sound. The same DSDT inside AmiBoardInfo works well. So that is not really an issue for me.

A reboot without the theme installed ends in a dark blue screen (oz background?). Cold boot just works fine.

With theme installed, the reboot works too. Disabling the interface from default.plist doesn't work (fixed for me with setting timeout to false).

Thanks for this really cool and fast boot loader - less than 15 seconds from pressing power button to desktop :)

Success with H81M-HD3

My two ram slots are showing correctly in system-info now.

Kext loading from bios and/or efi works great.

DSDT loading from efi doesn't - no sound. The same DSDT inside AmiBoardInfo works well. So that is not really an issue for me.

A reboot without the theme installed ends in a dark blue screen (oz background?). Cold boot just works fine.

With theme installed, the reboot works too. Disabling the interface from default.plist doesn't work (fixed for me with setting timeout to false).

Thanks for this really cool and fast boot loader - less than 15 seconds from pressing power button to desktop :)

Did you have problem to get your memory regonized before? My memory this not get regonized at all on my x79 system. It was working on older OZ version.

Ozmosis (828 and 894) by it self recognized my memory correctly but in system profile one slot was shown as empty. Now with 1479 both slots are fine.

My board has only two slots:

00:003 00:000  Slot 0 4096MB DDR3 SDRAM 1600MHz "Crucial Technology" "BLS4G3D169DS3.16F" "A011D6C1"

00:004 00:000  Slot 1 Empty
00:004 00:000  Slot 2 4096MB DDR3 SDRAM 1600MHz "Crucial Technology" "BLS4G3D169DS3.16F" "A011D6C2"
00:005 00:000  Slot 3 Empty

By the way, with Version 828 I got native graphics mode for my monitor:

04:376 00:181 Setup Graphics Mode 1440 x 900  (3)

From 894 I got 1280 x 1024

03:847 00:139 Setup Graphics Mode 1280 x 1024 (0)

Version 1479 shows this:

00:089 00:000 Found Current Graphics Mode 1 1024 x 768 

00:229 00:139 Setting Graphics Mode 0 1280 x 1024

But I am not sure if this is an ozmosis issue because with upgrading to version 894 I do a bios update too.

I wonder if the memory display error may be down to Ozmosis not expecting to see more than 4 slots. This is what I get in my boot log but my board has 8 slots (4 populated).

00:001 00:000  Slot 0 Empty
00:002 00:000  Slot 1 Empty
00:002 00:000  Slot 2 Empty
00:003 00:000  Slot 3 Empty

@uglyJoe: Try replacing your CsmVideo module with the one from the latest QUO BIOS. It might get you a full-res boot.

@uglyJoe: Try replacing your CsmVideo module with the one from the latest QUO BIOS. It might get you a full-res boot.

Thanks for your reply. I already tried this but it doesn't help.  Also with CsmVideo from my old bios there is no change.

Edit:

Back after a quick test - I replaced the bios splash logo with a 1440x900 sized jpg and got this:

00:087 00:000 Specified Desktop 0 x 0 Color #000000

00:087 00:000 Found Current Graphics Mode 4 1440 x 900 
00:256 00:168 Setting Graphics Mode 0 1280 x 1024

I'm not familiar with Radeons but it looks like one of those instances where the res is fixed at 1280x1024 because of being connected via DVI. At least this is how it is in nVidia land.

On my Z68 I was able to get full-res boot with my 670 by replacing the CsmVideo module with the one from the BIOS posted here.

On the X79 I patched my video BIOS to add my monitor's native res. Previously I had to use Clover's vbios patch along with CsmVideoDxe.

I tried the CsmVideo you suggest but it dosn't help. Now I flashed back using my bios with the small splash screen inside.

I discover that with disabled CSM I got full resolution on boot

00:234 00:000 Found Current Graphics Mode 3 1024 x 768 

00:282 00:048 Setting Graphics Mode 0 1440 x 900

But there are some glitches after the first apple logo so I enabled CSM again and stay with 1280 x 1024 for the moment because the boot is fast and smooth...

ok, I have done this with every revision since I saw it available, but the latest 1479 has me baffled. when I update it from the stripped files of the original board, and implant them ether on a clean copy of my bios or a pre patched copy I get nothing but the ED2K shell as a boot option, all my drives are listed in bios, but no boot options are available.

I can use the hot keys like command+option+R+P to reset the nvram, but it doesn't do any good, I still have no boot list, no ability to get anything but the ED2K shell.

any advice or a solution would be great.

PS I am using OZMTool v.02 to do the patching

HBP  it is for the Z87X-UP5 TH with the F4 bios, 

I wonder if the memory display error may be down to Ozmosis not expecting to see more than 4 slots. This is what I get in my boot log but my board has 8 slots (4 populated).

00:001 00:000  Slot 0 Empty
00:002 00:000  Slot 1 Empty
00:002 00:000  Slot 2 Empty
00:003 00:000  Slot 3 Empty

Same here in the log. This must be an OZ issue? Hopefully they will fix it.

Edit: Please do not copy and paste this because it is wrong!

There is a bug with reading the default.plist or the README is wrong.

For me the solution was, to change all boolean to integer like this:

<key>Defaults:1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DisableAtiInjection</key>
		<integer>1</integer>
		<key>DisableBootEntriesFilter</key>
		<integer>1</integer>
		<key>DisableIntelInjection</key>
		<integer>1</integer>
		<key>DisableNvidaInjection</key>
		<integer>1</integer>
		<key>DisableVoodooHda</key>
		<integer>1</integer>
		<key>TimeOut</key>
		<integer>5</integer>
		<key>UserInterface</key>
		<integer>0</integer>
	</dict>

Now the theme doesn't appear anymore and enabling "UEFI + Legacy" scan in bios works like it should.  

Edit:

Sorry after a cold boot the theme is showing again, but why this happens if I set UserInterface to 0 or false?

There is a bug with reading the default.plist or the README is wrong.

For me the solution was, to change all boolean to integer like this:

<key>Defaults:1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DisableAtiInjection</key>
		<integer>1</integer>
		<key>DisableBootEntriesFilter</key>
		<integer>1</integer>
		<key>DisableIntelInjection</key>
		<integer>1</integer>
		<key>DisableNvidaInjection</key>
		<integer>1</integer>
		<key>DisableVoodooHda</key>
		<integer>1</integer>
		<key>TimeOut</key>
		<integer>5</integer>
		<key>UserInterface</key>
		<integer>0</integer>
	</dict>

Now the theme doesn't appear anymore and enabling "UEFI + Legacy" scan in bios works like it should.  

Edit:

Sorry after a cold boot the theme is showing again, but why this happens if I set UserInterface to 0 or false?

Why people do not spend 5 minute to think first?

Why are you disabling something you do not have?

You are using ATI + NVIDIA + INTEL GPU and want to disable all?

I bet not.

Do you added VoodooHda in BIOS and you want to disable it?

The Readme says very clear that if variable is already set you need to delete it first:

WARNING! Defaults.plist will override the one found in firmware and values are used only if variables are not already added.

For example if you want to set BiosVersion using Defaults.plist and was already set by Defaults from Firmware, you will need

to do a 4 finger NVRAM reset or delete the BiosVersion variable from shell, for the new one to be used.

What is not clear?

If you still do not understand replace "BiosVersion" in the phrase with "UserInterface"

And those are BOOLEAN as per README.

Yes, I want disable all graphic injection because I done this inside my DSDT already. What is wrong with this?

I don't add VoodooHDA to the bios so I disable injection, may this is not necessary but again: What is wrong with that?

I have all settings done in OzmosisDefaults.plist. For testing, what goes wrong with the timeout and userinterface settings I put Defaults.plist to the EFI and after every change I do a four finger reset.

The true is, this version is buggy because is not possible to simply disable the Theme or setting the timeout to zero like in clover.

With the hack, to set the timeout to false I got the best result for me yet.

If you can tell me a better (working) way, please let me now.

Is anybody out there who can disable the userinterface?

I now ozmosis is still under development and I have no problems if not all runs 100% because the main features that are important to me are working well.