Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Well it works. Mostly.

I still have some stuff to fix but I can confirm that it's booting fine on my P9X79 and that nvram works.

Some issues I've encountered so far:

Disabler.kext doesn't seem to load here. Maybe it's 64-bit only? (I'm stuck with 32-bit boot thanks to some crappy third-party driver). I'm using NullCPUPM in it's place.

System Profiler shows the correct amount of RAM in the Hardware Overview, but in the Memory section it shows everything as "Empty" (see below).

Every boot adds another instance of Built-in EDK Shell to the boot options. I've removed HermitShell for now.

When I added either a DSDT or SSDT to /EFI/Oz/Acpi/Load/ the system would just stop at a blacked-out screen. They worked fine with Clover. After deleting the aml file and rebooting Oz created /EFI/OzAcpi and /EFI/OzDarwin folders.

Also, it's a good thing I backed up my Clover OEM folder as Oz wiped my EFI partition.

Is there any way to patch the VBIOS for my nVidia card? Even with replacing the CsmVideo module I'll still need this to get a full-res boot.

Works fine here on my X79 system to, but i got unknown on CPU, and the memory is not showing like you

• Like 1

In my case it refuses to pick up  my fusion drive. With the fusion drive is connected the System refuses to boot. It just get stuck at the AMI Logo. If I remove the fusion drive everything works. Has anybody else problem with Fusion or Raid setups and Ozmosis? Are there any know solution  for this issue?

For now I went back to 924m which works well with my fusion drive.

• Like 1

So it picked up your raid 0 install in your sig without any problems?

hi.

no i just boot my yosemite drive. still not regonize the raid. need to figure out why.

In my case it refuses to pick up my fusion drive. With the fusion drive is connected the System refuses to boot. It just get stuck at the AMI Logo. If I remove the fusion drive everything works. Has anybody else problem with Fusion or Raid setups and Ozmosis? Are there any know solution for this issue?

had no problem to boot raid system with older osmozis version. but no nvram, no i have working nvram.

I pray god for this release to work on X79 Boards both with i7 39xx and i7 49xx series also. :drool::wink_anim:

it works fine with 4930k. but as unknown so far. need to figure out how to fix it. same with the memory.

• Like 2

In my case it refuses to pick up  my fusion drive. With the fusion drive is connected the System refuses to boot. It just get stuck at the AMI Logo. If I remove the fusion drive everything works. Has anybody else problem with Fusion or Raid setups and Ozmosis? Are there any know solution  for this issue?

Yep. I've been beating my head against the wall the last 2 days trying to figure out why all I got was a black screen after updating to 1479 and King pointed me to your post. Unplugged the fusion drives and booted off a USB stick and it's working like a charm. Hope an update fix or workaround is posted soon. 

• Like 2

Have tested to do an DSDT + SSDT mod into bios, but it fails to generate the AmiBoardBin file with DSDT2BIOS. Is there anyone here that can help me to inject my mods?

AmiBoardInfo.bin is extracted from my bios (asusx79.cap)

DSDTSSDT.ZIP is the edits i want to inject into  the extracted AmiBoardInfo.bin

Thanks!

AmiBoardInfo.bin.zip

DSDTSSDT.zip

asusx79.cap.zip

Unknown CPU can be fixed by injecting the CPU type. I used DigitalDj's old CPUInjector.kext for a quick fix. It might also be possible to add the key to FakeSMC so as to avoid using another kext but I haven't had much time with this today.

I'll see about DarwinDumper tomorrow but I'm guessing that would probably only help with the empty RAM issue, not the rest. First I'll have to edit my DSDT and reintegrate it to get AppleLPC and USB3 loading seeing as I can't get a DSDT override to work from the EFI folder.

RF, if you still have OzACPI/OzDarwin folders you need to try reseting and removing the Oz directory and let it do it correctly. That should not be happening, if it continues you will need to remove all drives except the one you want and it should be created correctly.

I've removed all the folders from EFI and let Oz rebuild the Oz folder. The OzAcpi and OzDarwin folders appear after an unsuccessful attempt to inject a DSDT or SSDT from /Oz/Acpi/Load.

When the system hangs at the black screen I reboot into my old Chameleon-powered install disk and delete the DSDT or SSDT from the Terminal. At this stage there's still just the Oz folder. Then when I reboot the OzAcpi and OzDarwin folders are created.

Have tested to do an DSDT + SSDT mod into BIOS, but it fails to generate the AmiBoardBin file with DSDT2BIOS. Is there anyone here that can help me to inject my mods?

AmiBoardInfo.bin is extracted from my BIOS (asusx79.cap)

DSDTSSDT.ZIP is the edits i want to inject into  the extracted AmiBoardInfo.bin

Thanks!

create a SSDT with ssdtPRGen.sh

edit the Defaults.plist with your data

You have a ALC892 Audio Chip VoodooHda "enable"

Put the SSDT, DSDT and Defaults.plist at Ozmosis EFI

Flash your Board with this Bios OZM-1479-SABERTOOTH-X79-ASUS-4701.CAP

Ready to Ozmosis

post-1126998-0-61883100-1411199974_thumb.png

• Like 1

create a SSDT with ssdtPRGen.sh

edit the Defaults.plist with your data

You have a ALC892 Audio Chip VoodooHda "enable"

Put the SSDT, DSDT and Defaults.plist at Ozmosis EFI

Flash your Board with this Bios OZM-1479-SABERTOOTH-X79-ASUS-4701.CAP

Ready to Ozmosis

Thanks! but is it not possible to run everyting from the bios? if not i can only use Clover.

Have you made the bios rom mod?

pmpatch Mod?

the bios makes problems

aha. so its not ok to inject ssdt for powermanagement in the bios? the only issue i have is that turbo is not working.

if its not possible to inject it in bios i will add the asst to the oz folder

Unknown CPU can be fixed by injecting the CPU type. I used DigitalDj's old CPUInjector.kext for a quick fix. It might also be possible to add the key to FakeSMC so as to avoid using another kext but I haven't had much time with this today.

This has been discussed here in this topic, I see you didn't read it but you also gave up so quickly...

However for the rest of the readers, I will remind you how easy is to setup CPU Type with Ozmosis, maybe this time sticks....

Defaults: 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102

'Key'                        || 'Value' || 'Note/Example'
==============================||=========||==================================
 BiosVersion                  || STRING  || MP31.88Z.006C.B05.0802291410
 BiosDate                     || STRING  || 02/29/08
 ProductName                  || STRING  || MacPro3,1
 ProductFamily                || STRING  || MacPro
 SystemVersion                || STRING  || 1.0
 SystemSerial                 || STRING  || CK84593EXYL
 ProductId                    || STRING  || Mac-F42C88C8
 BoardVersion                 || STRING  || Proto1
 BaseBoardSerial              || STRING  || CK84593EXYL
 Manufacturer                 || STRING  || Apple Inc.
 ProcessorSerial              || STRING  || CK0020DZE1D
 SystemSKU                    || STRING  || System SKU#
 BaseBoardAssetTag            || STRING  || Base Board Asset Tag#
 ChassisAssetTag              || STRING  || Asset Tag#
 CpuType                      || INTEGER || 0x701
 HardwareAddress              || STRING  || 12:34:56:78:9A:BC
 HardwareSignature            || STRING  || 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101
 EnclosureType                || INTEGER || 7
 FirmwareFeatures             || INTEGER || 0x80001417
 FirmwareFeaturesMask         || INTEGER || 0xC003ff37
 FirmwareVendor               || STRING  || Apple
 FirmwareRevision             || INTEGER || 0x0001000A

To Change CPU Type:

sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:CpuType=0x701

or using Defaults.plist

<key>CpuType</key>
  <integer>0x701</integer>

To Change Hardware Address:

sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:HardwareAddress=12:34:56:78:9A:BC

or using Defaults.plist

<key>HardwareAddress</key>
  <string>12:34:56:78:9A:BC</string>
  • Like 5

It's good to know the CPU Type can be set from defaults. I hadn't needed that before so I missed out on any earlier discussion about it. I just used the kext because I knew about it and it was a quick fix while I dealt with larger issues.

The main problem (apart from the VBIOS patch and empty Memory) is that the OS detection routine in the X79 DSDT differs from the one in my Z68 and I just couldn't adapt it to make my edits conditional (Method OSDW). I need this so I can add the DSDT to the BIOS and have my edits only load for OS X. Without the DSDT edits I lose USB3, AppleLPC and a few other fixes. In time I might be able to get it working but right now I've put in all the time I can. Having to reflash every attempt to the BIOS consumed too much time (as I couldn't get anything to load from the EFI folder).

I'll come back to Oz later as it would be nice to have everything rolled into the BIOS on the X79 but for now I'm just gonna stick with Clover as I have everything set up and working there.

jacoweb, I don't understand what you have against using the Oz directory. I know we discussed this before but it still seems silly to me to not take advantage of using ESP for what you need.

Having everything load from bios along with using the most minimal configuration settings for Defaults is one of the main philosophies of Ozmosis. This is great if you have a "Quo" type situation where theres the chance that this is your first time booting/installing osx and Oz is your only means of doing so. Fortunately thats not the case for most of us.

The Oz directory along with a custom Defaults.plist, extra kexts that might be needed, maybe an added dev-prop.bin, a custom Theme.bin, dsdt/ssdt that can be edited at any time is all an necessary evil for hacks even if it goes against the true nature of Ozmosis. These things add convenience and better control for someone that wants to change things quickly or regularly experiments with different options we might need involved with hackint0shing. 

• Like 1

If you are seeing OzAcpi or OzDarwin folders check if you have replaced FileSystem (93022F8C-1F09-47EF-BBB2-5814FF609DF5) with EnhancedFat (961578FE-B6B7-44C3-AF35-6BC705CD2B1F) and also check if you have added PartitionDxe/EnhancedPartition (1FA1F39E-FEFF-4AAE-BD7B-38A070A3B609).

• Like 3

jacoweb, I don't understand what you have against using the Oz directory. I know we discussed this before but it still seems silly to me to not take advantage of using ESP for what you need.

Having everything load from bios along with using the most minimal configuration settings for Defaults is one of the main philosophies of Ozmosis. This is great if you have a "Quo" type situation where theres the chance that this is your first time booting/installing osx and Oz is your only means of doing so. Fortunately thats not the case for most of us.

The Oz directory along with a custom Defaults.plist, extra kexts that might be needed, maybe an added dev-prop.bin, a custom Theme.bin, dsdt/ssdt that can be edited at any time is all an necessary evil for hacks even if it goes against the true nature of Ozmosis. These things add convenience and better control for someone that wants to change things quickly or regularly experiments with different options we might need involved with hackint0shing. 

Hi there! I dont have anyting against oz directory, just wanted to try everyting from the bios.

But i got it now. Its smart to use the OZ Directory. If i need to do some DSDT changes, i can just upload it to the Oz folder. So thanks!

Is it possible to use to ssdt? Because i have SSDT / SSDT-1 for powermanagement from my Clover Setup.

• Like 1

If you are seeing OzAcpi or OzDarwin folders check if you have replaced FileSystem (93022F8C-1F09-47EF-BBB2-5814FF609DF5) with EnhancedFat (961578FE-B6B7-44C3-AF35-6BC705CD2B1F) and also check if you have added PartitionDxe/EnhancedPartition (1FA1F39E-FEFF-4AAE-BD7B-38A070A3B609).

Good to know. I wasn't using either of these. Same with the Z68 but the OzAcpi and OzDarwin folders weren't appearing there.

• Like 1

no problem loading multiple ssdt's from ACPI/Load/ folder

cool! is it possible to add the oz folder to a usb drive? so i can mainly use it for boot. with my cust ssdt / default.plist?

when i mount efi partition on my osx drive, adding ssdt to oz/acpi/load.. seems like the ssdt is not loading.

maybe i do someting wrong! sorry for many n00b questions! ;)