Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

hi guys. here again to make my hack performing better :-)

i have just enabled my intelhd4600 igp.it is recognized as you can see in the screenshot. the problem is that airplay mirroring is not working.

should i had any command to nvram, igp-enabler yes or   something similar?

thank you

u need patched dsdt.

Who can help me to implement "smc emulator" into this BIOS: https://www.dropbox.com/s/owg4nytkhvt5jk2/Z87MXD3H-F6-OZM-DSDT-G6.rom.

I want to avoid FakeSMC on S/L/E even if I loose the sensors. I will separately install.

If it's possible to adapt this dsdt and drivers from this bios to 894M it will be great becaue i want to give a test.

Thanks.

here u go

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yeqbjfynm5z83q0/Z87MXD3H-F6-OZM-DSDT-G6.zip

i have a patched one using z87x ud4h pjalm patch. do i need something else?

upload your current bios here.

Who can help me to implement "smc emulator" into this BIOS: https://www.dropbox.com/s/owg4nytkhvt5jk2/Z87MXD3H-F6-OZM-DSDT-G6.rom.

I want to avoid FakeSMC on S/L/E even if I loose the sensors. I will separately install.

If it's possible to adapt this dsdt and drivers from this bios to 894M it will be great becaue i want to give a test.

Thanks.

xpamamadeus beat me to it but as I've patched it as well you can try these if you run into difficulties.

There's two copies. In one I've just replaced your Ozmosis 828M with 894M and replaced FakeSMC with the latest Slice one. In the second I've also removed the FakeSMC sensors and AppleIntelE1000e.kext. This is because they cause a KP at boot here with 894M and 828M can't load FakeSMC in Yosemite. So if you get the same KP use the one that's labelled fakeonly.

Actually I should have replaced the sensors as well in case it doesn't panic (though I think it will). So ignore the Z87MXD3H-F6-894m.rom file as the sensors are a mismatch for the FakeSMC kext. I can't make new ffs files just yet so just try Z87MXD3H-F6-fakeonly.rom if you have any problems with xpamamadeus's one.

• Like 1

here you are, 2 version (f9 and f10a). thank you

i read this but i don't know how to add the injunction to my dsdt (http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/118662-amd-nvidia-primary-display-airplay-mirroring-mavericks.html)

f10a 

f9 full.rom.zip

f10a definitivo.rom.zip

xpamamadeus: I tested the bios: Works so far good with Yosemite but in Mavericks it gives me "Bluetooth control transport error." I think i can solve that by

sudo nvram 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82:boot-args="-fakesmc-use-nvram"

But i'm interested in a 894M version with smc emulator if possible.

Thanks.

xpamamadeus: I tested the bios: Works so far good with Yosemite but in Mavericks it gives me "Bluetooth control transport error." I think i can solve that by

sudo nvram 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82:boot-args="-fakesmc-use-nvram"

But i'm interested in a 894M version with smc emulator if possible.

Thanks.

I upload 894m with smcemulator..

xpamamadeus beat me to it but as I've patched it as well you can try these if you run into difficulties.

There's two copies. In one I've just replaced your Ozmosis 828M with 894M and replaced FakeSMC with the latest Slice one. In the second I've also removed the FakeSMC sensors and AppleIntelE1000e.kext. This is because they cause a KP at boot here with 894M and 828M can't load FakeSMC in Yosemite. So if you get the same KP use the one that's labelled fakeonly.

Actually I should have replaced the sensors as well in case it doesn't panic (though I think it will). So ignore the Z87MXD3H-F6-894m.rom file as the sensors are a mismatch for the FakeSMC kext. I can't make new ffs files just yet so just try Z87MXD3H-F6-fakeonly.rom if you have any problems with xpamamadeus's one.

xpamamadeus one boots perfectly Yosemite but gives me "bluetooth transport FakeSMC error" for Mavericks.

I'll test your BIOSes and report back soon.

Thanks once again.

I think Z87MXD3H-F6-fakeonly.rom should work ok for both. I'm using the same FakeSMC and Ozmosis 894M here with Mavericks and Yosemite.

Z87MXD3H-F6-894m.rom will probably cause problems because I didn't replace the FakeSMC sensor plugins. You can try deleting those with MMTool or UefiTool and see if it will work with the AppleIntelE1000e.kext.

thank you. but it doesn't work.

very long boot time (with apple logo) and when it loads, only 780ti is recognized in system profiler and airplay is not working. i tried both with 64mb ram shared (default) and with 1024mb, nothing changes

what smbios are u using? 

I think Z87MXD3H-F6-fakeonly.rom should work ok for both. I'm using the same FakeSMC and Ozmosis 894M here with Mavericks and Yosemite.

Z87MXD3H-F6-894m.rom will probably cause problems because I didn't replace the FakeSMC sensor plugins. You can try deleting those with MMTool or UefiTool and see if it will work with the AppleIntelE1000e.kext.

I put fakeonly variant and install fakeSMC + plugins separately. I also have to install Ethernet kext because it has been pull out from firmware because of FakeSMC, i think.

At the first boot on Mavericks it gives me "bluetooth transport error" but after I put "kext-dev-mode=1" in nvram and repair permissions everething looks perfect.

I'll keep in touch.

Thanks.

I don't know if kext-dev-mode should have any effect on Mavericks. I haven't clean installed that in a long time. Is it hanging on that error or do you just have broken bluetooth on first boot? I think the hang on bluetooth missing transport was usually down to either FakeSMC not loading or some error on the PCI-E bus like with your graphics. I'm hoping the next Ozmosis release will fix loading kexts from BIOS because I miss not having my ethernet and USB3 in there.

Hi friends, a question not directly connected to ozmosis, i have a intel nuc and i'm start to investigate on ozmosis into bios, but it seems that intel bios it's' digitaly signed, someone knows if there is some way to extract bios form update file, editi repack and flash? 

Another idea it's' read bios from eeprom but i would like to use this method as last resort.

Another weird question, could be possible integrate clover into bios? as far i know clover it's' similar to ozmosis, but it need to be installed on disk, could be fantastic if was possible integrate clover like ozmosis 

I'm hoping the next Ozmosis release will fix loading kexts from BIOS because I miss not having my ethernet and USB3 in there.

There its nothing to be fixed about this its the way OSX handle kext loading not ozmosis.

U need to modify kext before insert into bios.

Example here its intel network kext.

Delete these two lines and try.

ZmhdaeI.jpg

For me wass working like this soo we dont need to insert ionetworking falily too into bios.

Same goes for fakesmc plugins..

Hi friends, a question not directly connected to ozmosis, i have a intel nuc and i'm start to investigate on ozmosis into bios, but it seems that intel bios it's' digitaly signed, someone knows if there is some way to extract bios form update file, editi repack and flash? 

Another idea it's' read bios from eeprom but i would like to use this method as last resort.

The reason its signed is to stop modifying, there maybe other options such as using a hw programmer but generally you cant modify signed bioses and then flash them.

!!!! NOTE !!!! 

Ozmosis only works on AMI firmware.

There its nothing to be fixed about this its the way OSX handle kext loading not ozmosis.

U need to modify kext before insert into bios.

Example here its intel network kext.

Delete these two lines and try.

ZmhdaeI.jpg

For me wass working like this soo we dont need to insert ionetworking falily too into bios.

Same goes for fakesmc plugins..

It's not OS X. The same kexts work and load fine with 828M and Mavericks. With 894M it's instant KP. It's been that way here since 894M came out.

Anyway, I added my ethernet and USB3 kexts with the kext dependencies removed from the plist as so. First boot was a KP. So I removed USB3 and tried again. First boot was a KP again. Second boot (and subsequent boots) it loaded into Mavericks without any problem. However, the ethernet kext isn't loading. Even after deleting kernelcache and rebuilding/rebooting. It's just not being injected right. If I change Oz to 828M it works fine.

dmesg:

Can't load kext com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e - link failed.
Failed to load executable for kext com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e.
Kext com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e failed to load (0xdc008016).
Failed to load kext com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e (error 0xdc008016).
Couldn't alloc class "AppleIntelE1000e"

bdmesg:

00:000 00:000 Ozmosis 1.01.0894 RELEASE (2013-12-09 21:54:35 VS2013x86) on 2014-06-06 11:48:06
13:883 00:000 MachKernelReadStartupExtensionsPatcher: Registered
13:886 00:002 Found Darwin Kernel Version 13.2.0: Thu Apr 17 23:03:13 PDT 2014; root:xnu-2422.100.13~1/RELEASE_X86_64 0xD3AD5000 Kernelcache
13:886 00:000 MachKernelReadStartupExtensionsPatcher: Call __ZN12KLDBootstrap20readBooterExtensionsEv injected into __ZN12KLDBootstrap23readPrelinkedExtensionsEP10section_64
13:887 00:001 Injecting FakeSMC.Rev-3.3.1 (DADE1001-1B31-4FE4-8557-26FCEFC78275) "Driver-262135C" 82780 bytes
13:889 00:001 Injecting AppleIntelE1000e.Rev-2.4.14 (DADE1006-1B31-4FE4-8557-26FCEFC78275) "Driver-2653A08" 203272 bytes

Hi, I have prepared BIOS with OZmosis for Z77X-UP5 TH, flashed, it works and boots fine, except second monitor, I have Sapphire 7970Ghz and the Ozmosis tries to inject AMD GPU framebuffer, but for me the second monitor works only with default framebuffer.

How to configure Ozmosis to stop injecting GPU?

And also how to inject DSDT into Ozmosis? Should i put DSDT.aml into Kext2ffs EFI folder and run that script? Thanks.

Hi, I have prepared BIOS with OZmosis for Z77X-UP5 TH, flashed, it works and boots fine, except second monitor, I have Sapphire 7970Ghz and the Ozmosis tries to inject AMD GPU framebuffer, but for me the second monitor works only with default framebuffer.

How to configure Ozmosis to stop injecting GPU?

And also how to inject DSDT into Ozmosis? Should i put DSDT.aml into Kext2ffs EFI folder and run that script? Thanks.

Hello,

What's your mother board ?

May be you can include DSDT in your bios -> look here : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291655-ozmosis/page-36 (Dsdt2Bios)

Fred

• Like 2