Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

So, I found DSDT it is AmiBoardInfo, and what is SSDT in the rom? I couldn't find any ssdt or CpuSsdt or CpuPm in Bios...

Or can you place it in bios by yourself and send me the bios and I will try it? But please use GFX1 in DSDT instead of GFX0, because I use MacPro6,1 definition.

The DSDT is in AmiBoardInfo and the SSDT-CpuPm is in the module: (299141BB-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx) that's after PowerManagement: DXE Driver on the bottom of the second Volume, use the .raw provided to replace the current .raw.

DSDT SSDT aml:dsl X79-UP4 F8G.zip

If you can add them by yourself then it's ok, but if not, let me know to do it, excuse me Merronk, today i just want to de-stress

Edited by ammoune78

Yes it's a High Sierra version, but I didn't put there any apfs, i forgot to add it, but you can use the last one if you want! Just make sure to do a bcfg to register the apfs loading on the boot, follow the steps said by cecekpawon

Hi

I have two problems which I didn't find answers for:

1.Shell is working only on the first boot after nvram reset (Option+Command+P+R)

after that, it's booting the first boot manager in boot order (boot.efi of my macOS installation)

i'm not using it frequently so it's no big deal.

2.High sierra specific problem:

when restarting - HS doesn't boot - just the apple logo with no progress bar

but if I select the boot entry with F12 during POST it's working fine.

made different ROMs (with MMTOOL and OZMTool) 

don't know if it's matter but I tried several FFS compressed and uncompressed and in various order (index) in the rom

but it's always the same.

i'm using:

EnhancedFat

HfsPlus

NTFS

Extfs

HermitShell

KernextPatcher

AcpiPatcher

Ozmosis

and hint/direction would be appreciated.

@cecekpawon

edit: disabling KernextPatcher seems to fix the 2nd problem.

My experience with Ozmosis NVRAM reset: it will also reset my installed driver (entries) with bcfg, probably the boot entries too. After NVRAM reset Ozmosis will start to looking installed Shell (with known GUID or by name, again) on firmware (if any) and append it to our freshly boot entries. Just guessing here, not sure what really happened there, sorry. So idk whos delete / broke your new shell entry after next reboot.. I dont burn my shell into firmware (I need to frequently update from EDK), my ASUS mobo are able to launch shell (placed on FAT32 root) from EFI setup.

I have made some updates while ago.

KernextPatcher (rev 94c | 2017-10-23 17:29:14)
---
New attempt to get correct RelocBase from overrided AllocatePages before its fallback to the old way.
Added video infos comparisson to get valid Bootargs.

KernextPatcher (rev 94d | 2017-10-24 21:42:57)
---
Fix: Restarted from Windows we got empty KernelData because Oz have not been done yet to relocating kernel into new address.
The workarround is to index all addresses got from overrided AllocatePages and do checking all of them after ExitBootServices.

So I doubt if latest compiled binaries could help you. And honestly Im surprised here to hear that KernextPatcher will prevent Ozmosis to do their job, which is bad. It should just exit & do nothing if could not found any valid kernel address. You may disable your patches one by one to find out more. Whats on screen if you start to booting verbose? Any log file for me?

My experience with Ozmosis NVRAM reset: it will also reset my installed driver (entries) with bcfg, probably the boot entries too. After NVRAM reset Ozmosis will start to looking installed Shell (with known GUID or by name, again) on firmware (if any) and append it to our freshly boot entries. Just guessing here, not sure what really happened there, sorry. So idk whos delete / broke your new shell entry after next reboot.. I dont burn my shell into firmware (I need to frequently update from EDK), my ASUS mobo are able to launch shell (placed on FAT32 root) from EFI setup.

I have made some updates while ago.

KernextPatcher (rev 94c | 2017-10-23 17:29:14)
---
New attempt to get correct RelocBase from overrided AllocatePages before its fallback to the old way.
Added video infos comparisson to get valid Bootargs.

KernextPatcher (rev 94d | 2017-10-24 21:42:57)
---
Fix: Restarted from Windows we got empty KernelData because Oz have not been done yet to relocating kernel into new address.
The workarround is to index all addresses got from overrided AllocatePages and do checking all of them after ExitBootServices.

So I doubt if latest compiled binaries could help you. And honestly Im surprised here to hear that KernextPatcher will prevent Ozmosis to do their job, which is bad. It should just exit & do nothing if could not found any valid kernel address. You may disable your patches one by one to find out more. Whats on screen if you start to booting verbose? Any log file for me?

isn't there a method to load a script or something that detects mac drives and automatically put those entries?

cecek i used AcpiPatcher and KernextPatcher, but when i do bcfg driver dump it shows Invalid arguments, when i do the "ls" command i have the FS0=USB/EFI not the HDD/EFI. Excuse me i'm not familiar with shell, but logically i got USB as FS0 and not the HDD, what i have to do in this case?   

isn't there a method to load a script or something that detects mac drives and automatically put those entries?

Not sure what you meant by auto "detects mac drives", Ozmosis will take care of those jobs.

Like this? I have not tried my self. The script is trying to load all required drivers & start boot.efi from matched path.

Create boot entry to shell with startup.nsh reside in the same directory. To enable it (by removing -nostartup) use shellopt.

cecek i used AcpiPatcher and KernextPatcher, but when i do bcfg driver dump it shows Invalid arguments, when i do the "ls" command i have the FS0=USB/EFI not the HDD/EFI. Excuse me i'm not familiar with shell, but logically i got USB as FS0 and not the HDD, what i have to do in this case?   

Then please try another one fs1, fs2, ... But why "bcfg driver dump" give you "Invalid arguments" error msg? It should be "no options found" if empty.

post-1101532-0-42063000-1510424312_thumb.png

• Like 2

I don't know why but I don't have screen like you, i only used shell64.efi from Clover Tools folder and renamed it to BOOTX64.efi, don't know from where to download Shellx64.efi

Not sure what you meant by auto "detects mac drives", Ozmosis will take care of those jobs.

Like this? I have not tried my self. The script is trying to load all required drivers & start boot.efi from matched path.

Create boot entry to shell with startup.nsh reside in the same directory. To enable it (by removing -nostartup) use shellopt.

Then please try another one fs1, fs2, ... But why "bcfg driver dump" give you "Invalid arguments" error msg? It should be "no options found" if empty.

I mean like in HFS partitions used to appear in my F12 Boot entries, Now with apfs mac drive with any nvram reset it goes away unless i use the method of manually loading the boot.efi from apfs mac disk.

here you go:

I finally got it at

fs2:

Now It's time to put these babes in the ROM, should I have to put there the plist file also as ffs like OzmosisDefaults?

Crusher you are always at the right time at the right place, thanks, I'll change the one in Efi with this one

1. Please I need audio for alc887 for high Sierra 10.13 :(

Place AppleALC.kext in Efi / Oz / Darwin / Extensions / Common and it does not work, it damages bios ozonosis and black screen and it does not advance.

In sierra 10.12 it worked well together with dsdt and ssdt.

2. Is it necessary to put ozmosisDefault.plist also in the EFI folder of the high-sierra disk?

I appreciate any help.

1. Please I need audio for alc887 for high Sierra 10.13 :(
Place AppleALC.kext in Efi / Oz / Darwin / Extensions / Common and it does not work, it damages bios ozonosis and black screen and it does not advance.
In sierra 10.12 it worked well together with dsdt and ssdt.

2. Is it necessary to put ozmosisDefault.plist also in the EFI folder of the high-sierra disk?
I appreciate any help.

Here's patched AppleALC Rev 1.2.1 with Lillu Kext, Layout ID used: 1 and will not work with other Layout ID's, so in HDEF only put 1 as Layout ID, you have the FfsCompressed file for ROM and kext. Rename your OzmosisDfaults to Defaults and put it in Efi/Oz/.

AppleALC 887 L1 Rev1.2.1 Kext-Ffs.zip

I have this stored as AddBoot.nsh in EFI\Tools:

@echo -off

if x%1% == x then
  echo Missing argument!
  echo Usage:
  echo AddBoot UUID
  goto END
endif

set -v DiskUUID %1%
set -v macOS notfound
set -v Recovery notfound
set -v UefiShell fs0:\EFI\Shells\HermitShellX64.efi

for %a run (0 9) 
  if exist fs%a:\%DiskUUID%\System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi then
    set -v macOS fs%a:\%DiskUUID%\System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
    goto FSFOUND
  endif
endfor

goto NOTFOUND

:FSFOUND

for %a run (0 9) 
  if exist fs%a:\%DiskUUID%\boot.efi then
    set -v Recovery fs%a:\%DiskUUID%\boot.efi
  endif
endfor

bcfg boot rm 1
bcfg boot rm 1
bcfg boot rm 1

if not %macOS% == notfound then
  bcfg boot add 1 %macOS% "macOS"
endif

if not %Recovery% == notfound then
  bcfg boot add 2 %Recovery% "Recovery"
endif

if exist %UefiShell% then
  bcfg boot add 3 %UefiShell% "HermitShell"
endif

:NOTFOUND

bcfg boot dump

:END

After a Ozmois reset, I boot to HermitShell and call the script like that:

FS1:
ls
AddBoot X[TAB][RETURN]

X is the first char from the UUID that was listed by 'ls'.
The TAB to complete the selection and RETURN...

I use this script with HermitShellX64 (EFI\Shells\HermitShellX64.efi)
Be aware that bcfg from HermitShell uses 1 for the first entry instead of 0 like many other shells.

• Like 1

Medallio already got the AppleALC-OZM.kext and a patched DSDT.aml in another forum... ;)

https://www.hackintosh-inc.de/index.php/Thread/2768-Problem-Asus-p8z77m-high-Sierra/

I just want to understand!

Don't know why users redirect people to another website while the related answers are here in this topic, this should be the official topic for Oz, another Web-Oz-Topic-Site should be a Sub. I'm not and never against, but things should be like that.

But among that, the reply is already done, you came from somewhere and post another 30 mn of reading in Hac-In.de to download a simple file, but the man is still fresh Oz user and need maybe more informations about!

• Like 1

I mean like in HFS partitions used to appear in my F12 Boot entries, Now with apfs mac drive with any nvram reset it goes away unless i use the method of manually loading the boot.efi from apfs mac disk.

If "manually loading" were equal to re type & entering those entry from shell after each boot sure that was pain man. But if we could just manually add it with bcfg (after some entries gone / nvram reset) then it must be worth to do imo. You can start to improve script provided by @uglyJoe to feed your needs. Or with @dosdude1 script (designed for auto boot). Or Bless (with some other tool there).

I just want to understand!

Don't know why users redirect people to another website while the related answers are here in this topic, this should be the official topic for Oz, another Web-Oz-Topic-Site should be a Sub. I'm not and never against, but things should be like that.

But among that, the reply is already done, you came from somewhere and post another 30 mn of reading in Hac-In.de to download a simple file, but the man is still fresh Oz user and need maybe more informations about!

Since Insanely is not the only Hackintosh themed website some user refer to, your statement can only be a opinion...

As long as the user reacts to either one of the posts, I will be around and take him by the hand... ;)

This is another script for adding the drivers from disk.
Put Ozmosis.efi, HFSPlus.efi, APFS.efi and HermitShellX64.efi (renamed to ShellX64.efi) into the efi root directory.
AddDriver can take a given FS number or is searching for ozmosis.efi to get the correct one.
The script puts ShellX64.efi as a boot entry and reboots the system.
After reboot I execute the AddBoot.nsh from above.

AddDriver.nsh

@echo -off
set -v EfiFs 0

## Read user input
if not x%1% == x then
  if exist fs%1%:\ozmosis.efi then
    set -v EfiFs %1%
    goto FSFOUND
  else
    goto END
  endif
endif

## Search FS
for %a run (0 9) 
  if exist fs%a:\ozmosis.efi then
    set -v EfiFs %a
    goto FSFOUND
   endif
endfor

goto END

:FSFOUND
echo Found driver at fs%EfiFs%:\

## Remove old drivers
bcfg driver rm 1
bcfg driver rm 1
bcfg driver rm 1

## Add drivers
bcfg driver add 1 fs%EfiFs%:\apfs.efi APFS
bcfg driver add 2 fs%EfiFs%:\hfsplus.efi HFSPlus
bcfg driver add 3 fs%EfiFs%:\ozmosis.efi Ozmosis
bcfg driver dump

## Add boot entry for Uefi Shell
set -v UefiShell fs%EfiFs%:\ShellX64.efi
if exist %UefiShell% then
  bcfg boot rm 1
  bcfg boot rm 1
  bcfg boot rm 1
  bcfg boot add 1 %UefiShell% "UEFI Shell"
endif

## Reboot
echo ""
echo Reboot system now?
pause
reset

:END
echo ""
echo ERROR: Driver not found!

Some more scripts to use with HermitShellX64:
Put them into EFI\Tools or any other directory that belongs to the shell environment (PATH). Type 'set' to verify.

Than you can execute them from anywhere in the shell.

Disable SIP

@echo -off

setvar -guid 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 csr-active-config =67000000

setvar -guid 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 csr-active-config

Enable SIP (except NVRAM)

@echo -off

setvar -guid 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 csr-active-config =40000000

setvar -guid 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 csr-active-config

Reset SIP (delete entry)

@echo -off

setvar -guid 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 csr-active-config =
  • Like 1

Since Insanely is not the only Hackintosh themed website some user refer to, your statement can only be a opinion...

As long as the user reacts to either one of the posts, I will be around and take him by the hand... ;)

You're actually soliciting another site which is against the rules here and to top it off the link is only valid for registered users of that site.

• Like 1

Hahah, i clearly understand that the Motherboard has only 64 Mb Flash ROM and you give it a AppleALC-OZM.kext that has 958 KB !

He asked for ALC887 and you give him a bunch of codecs kext, hhh  :wink_anim:

Yes it's a High Sierra version, but I didn't put there any apfs, i forgot to add it, but you can use the last one if you want! Just make sure to do a bcfg to register the apfs loading on the boot, follow the steps said by cecekpawon

Can you explain more or send a link to post about bcfg? I missed it somehow.

So, I tried your DSDT and SSDT with my F8g bios and can confirm it works fine, thank you very much. The reboot and shut down problems gone, System works.

But I can't boot without VoodooTSC or NullCpu, if I remove one of them or both, the boot hangs on the first step immideately after apple logo shown. With them I can normally work.