Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

note to all, when replacing acpi tables such as DSDT inside the bios its very important to use a copy of the table your replacing as the starting point for your edits, rather than one gathered from boot loader or within an OS.

• Like 2

note to all, when replacing acpi tables such as DSDT inside the bios its very important to use a copy of the table your replacing as the starting point for your edits, rather than one gathered from boot loader or within an OS.

Yes, and you can follow steps made by FredWst in the first post of this topic, and find tables needed to be modified, and find all tables that contain the name of the devices you're changing the name, so you can avoid any prob!

ACPI tables in each motherboard series can change, so better searching in all Freeform modules in the bios, extract them all as X.aml, and remember the GUID of each module that the aml was extracted from, after disassembling the tables, modified by your own, you can replace them in the right module!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APFS.efi from DP2. (545KB)

APFS.ffs from DP2. (262KB)

Assuming i would use APFS.efi instead of burning APFS.ffs into BIOS, what is the prefered location to store it ? /EFI/Oz ? /EFI/Oz/Darwin ? /EFI/Oz/Darwin/Extensions ?

Will it be auto discovered/loaded or do I need to load it manually every time or do a one time config ?

Thanks.

Extensions is for macOS kexts, not for UEFI drivers. If you use Ozmosis from HDD via bcfg, you can just add APFS via bcfg as well and it will 'just work'. If you have Oz flashed, you either need to go to Shell and reconnect the Partition drivers (or everything), flash APFS or write a small driver that loads + connects APFS.

EDIT: Just remembered that on AppleLife, it seems like they are working on getting ApfsJumpStart to work... if that works out, you can then use that driver and everything 'just works' as well.

• Like 3

Hey guys does OZ offer 'Kext Patching'?

Not accessible to users, no.

The great Piker suggested that instead of dropping MATS tables we could patch  _isprint in the AppleACPIPLatform.kext binary. 

The "great Piker" also just could have suggested to change the signature of the table.

Hey guys does OZ offer 'Kext Patching'?

The great Piker suggested that instead of dropping MATS tables we could patch  _isprint in the AppleACPIPLatform.kext binary. 

https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2017/06/11/chameleon-and-high-sierra/comment-page-1/#comment-10214

That patch isn't really useful, you'll still get a panic with char values greater than 0x7F in the ACPI table header. Sure, it would be better if isprint in AppleACPIPlatform was more accurate (matching the implementation in ACPICA), but that alone isn't the cause of the panic. It's the signed vs. unsigned char that's causing an out of bounds read (due to a negative index), which is what's actually causing the panic.

Assuming i would use APFS.efi instead of burning APFS.ffs into BIOS, what is the prefered location to store it ? /EFI/Oz ? /EFI/Oz/Darwin ? /EFI/Oz/Darwin/Extensions ?

Will it be auto discovered/loaded or do I need to load it manually every time or do a one time config ?

Thanks.

One time. Manually via bcfg from EFI partition. Flashed as ffs over ozmosis in BIOS, it doesen't recognize at boot menu (BIOS boot menu) APFS. 1st beta used to do after booting from Sierra using Startup Menu in system prefferences.

An interesting finding by our Russian hacker @savvamitrofanov about FirmwareFeatures(Mask) value burned into Apples firmware updates

IM142_0118_B44_LOCKED.scap: EFI updates available from 10.12.5 update.

FirmwareFeaturesMask: 0000000000000444         mov        eax, 0xff1fff3f

FIrmwareFeatures: 000000000000044d         mov        eax, 0xe007e137

SMC Version (system): 2.15f7

ce583e1d39.png

Excuse me guys but, this kind of doing doesn't work for me, the only one that work, is the FF & FFM taken from real Mac dump!

Those values are from original macs dumps.

This is from the Original Firmware dumps, i'm talking about the Original machine dumps, powered on and taken from its DMI tables!  :wink_anim:

The code shown is what provides the values for the DMI table, what's your point?

No, its different than the one extracted from DMI table on running machine

Here's iMac15,1 running machine FF & FFM DMI values: 

Firmware Features:           f803f537

Firmware Features Mask: f803ff37

iMac15,1 Firmware scap 10.12.5, 10.13 Beta 1 and 10.13 Beta 2 FF & FFM values:

Firmware Features:           f807e137

Firmware Features Mask: ff1fff3f

From running machine worked for me, but from firmware doesn't worked, had "Firmware error" on the second installation step!

From running machine worked for me, but from firmware doesn't worked, had "Firmware error" on the second installation step!

In my experience: If 1s step just failed with firmware check error, I need to start over by correct my FirmwareFeatures & repartition the target disk (like savvas suggested) or will fail forever.