Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

1- Yes

2- Yes

3 - Bios and Bios date , yes

4 - Here ,  yes

5 - Not stable yet, but try and share experience

6 - Better to have the FF + FFM that you've posted, for fakesmc I prefer it to much my SMBIOS just to be 100% sure

7 - Didn't tried

Ammoune78,

Thank you so much for your reply. The fog has begun to lift.  I just do not understand line 6 where you said "for fakesmc I prefer it to much my smbios ...". Please clarify. Are saying you prefer to update to the latest version? Thanks again.

Ammoune78,

Thank you so much for your reply. The fog has begun to lift.  I just do not understand line 6 where you said "for fakesmc I prefer it to much my smbios ...". Please clarify. Are saying you prefer to update to the latest version? Thanks again.

According to this iMac14,2 smc is: 2.15f2, in Info.plist of FakeSMC.kext keys: REV, RVBF and RVUF you should update them with this: 02150F00 0002, then in system profiler you will have SMC Version (system): 2.15f2.

You also have to change in Info.plist smc compatible: smc-napa with smc-huronriver

When you will install HS then you'll don't have Firmware problem error, even sometimes with oz2a.ffs

Edited by ammoune78
  • Like 1

Mine's  SMC Version (system): 1.30f3 and no problems so far, clean install. 

Changed data and bios version in Defaults.plist.

cecek said, dump real Mac hardware, copy and paste not exact same data but you should do it on the way of that.  ^_^  

According to this iMac14,2 smc is: 2.15f2, in Info.plist of FakeSMC.kext keys: REV, RVBF and RVUF you should update them with this: 02150F00 0002, then in system profiler you will have SMC Version (system): 2.15f2.

When you will install HS then you'll don't have Firmware problem error, even sometimes with oz2a.ffs

Thanks I will look in that and update my FakeSMC. Also I noticed that the APFS.ffs file is missing its name identifier and in UEFITool its name is missing. So on my own I converted the efi file that was posted a couple pages page back to ffs with a proper name "APFS_Driver". However the file size is twice as big as the apfs.ffs driver posted prior at 378 kb for both the efi and ffs. Not only that the apfs.efi file thats hosted here in the downloads insanelymac section is 452 kb large.  Makes me wonder why are there such large discrepancies in file size??

Anyhow I have posted my apfs.ffs file with identifying name details in there if anyone wants it until Ammoune or Fritz or someone else does a better job with smaller file size.

Thanks

APFS.ffs.zip

I've tried several times installing HS with APFS file system, but doesn't see it, I will now re-install clean one with APFS and will see if it will works! Good hack  :wink_anim:

Ammoune,

The latest FakeSMC Kext I could find was Rehabman's June 7th 2017 release. Will that one work with HS? Also I found the keys you mentioned and changed the values, and converted to an ffs but was reading theres another version called HuronRiver?? Is that one better and where do I get it?

Thanks

Edit: Reread this line you wrote and now it makes sense:

You also have to change in Info.plist smc compatible: smc-napa with smc-huronriver

Thanks

Ammoune,

The latest FakeSMC Kext I could find was Rehabman's June 7th 2017 release. Will that one work with HS? Also I found the keys you mentioned and changed the values, and converted to an ffs but was reading theres another version called HuronRiver?? Is that one better and where do I get it?

Thanks

Edit: Reread this line you wrote and now it makes sense:

You also have to change in Info.plist smc compatible: smc-napa with smc-huronriver

Thanks

Yes in the same Info.plist just change smc-xxxx with smc-huronriver, it's just optimizing FakeSMC for the smc of the iMac you're playing!

Yes in the same Info.plist just change smc-xxxx with smc-huronriver, it's just optimizing FakeSMC for the smc of the iMac you're playing!

Found it. Converted it. Waiting for my HS usb installer to finish up and away we go! Thanks.

Edit: Just wanted to report that the Oz2a and the updated FakeSMC 2.15f ver is backward compatible with the old Sierra install and was able to boot into the old 12.3 no problems. Verified 2.15f in the system profiler. Still haven't tried to install HS yet. Probably do so tomorrow after some rest. Thanks.

Found it. Converted it. Waiting for my HS usb installer to finish up and away we go! Thanks.

Edit: Just wanted to report that the Oz2a and the updated FakeSMC 2.15f ver is backward compatible with the old Sierra install and was able to boot into the old 12.3 no problems. Verified 2.15f in the system profiler. Still haven't tried to install HS yet. Probably do so tomorrow after some rest. Thanks.

With these settings, you should be able to install it with no prob unless something missing, but I don't think so!

Unfortunately I found out the hard way that using apfs.ffs in the firmware prevents Oz menu from loading usb items. Removing apfs.ffs restored that ability.

Still can't get past the apple logo. Maybe I need Clover to assist?

Thanks

Maybe better using HFS+, install HS, when APFS fully supported then re-install it

Some usuals:

<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
		<integer>170262534</integer>
		<key>DisableIntelInjection</key>
		<false/>
		<key>boot-args</key>
		<string>-lilubeta -alcbeta</string>

And it's preferable to boot first in verbose to see what happened! Don't use Discret Graphic Card, the Info.plist of FakeSMC need to be edited by PlistEdit Pro or equivalent, Bios updated with UBU can cause same issue when booting, if using UBU just IRST and LAN no need VBIOS or CPUMicrocode to be updated!

Only Oz! Booting from Install HSierra USB is same as Sierra USB! 

Edited by ammoune78

Thanks I will look in that and update my FakeSMC. Also I noticed that the APFS.ffs file is missing its name identifier and in UEFITool its name is missing. So on my own I converted the efi file that was posted a couple pages page back to ffs with a proper name "APFS_Driver". However the file size is twice as big as the apfs.ffs driver posted prior at 378 kb for both the efi and ffs. Not only that the apfs.efi file thats hosted here in the downloads insanelymac section is 452 kb large.  Makes me wonder why are there such large discrepancies in file size??

Anyhow I have posted my apfs.ffs file with identifying name details in there if anyone wants it until Ammoune or Fritz or someone else does a better job with smaller file size.

Thanks

Hi.

First page

6.)Making needed kexts for ozmosis.

We will use script called Kext2Ffs by FredWsta and STLVNUB

Copy your kexts to kext folder,run script and u get .ffs for integrating into firmware.

U can integrate uncompressed and compressed.

If u wanna compress using MMTOOL u will save about 10% of space.

Soo if u really need space then compress using mmtool other way just use already compressed by script.

Using MMTOOL u will get better compression ratio not only for kext but for all.

about 10% seems to be a lie for apfs.

APFS_MMTOOL_Compress.zip

Ammoune,

Thanks for the suggestions. Will try them out after work today. Let me explain what happened last night. Tried to boot the usb using Clover and got a kernel CPU panic crash. Didn't try to turn on verbose mode in Oz - should have and will do next try. Even tried to disable those MAT tables I read about in Clover and that got me as far as waiting for Firewire GUID error. So still confused if still need Clover or not anymore..

To Xpamamadeaus.. I know all about kext2ffs and compressed vs non-compressed files. Thing was the efi source file I used to convert into an ffs was large to begin with but MMTool probably could extract it as a compressed file I  believe. Problem was the APFS ffs driver conflicted with Oz's boot menu and selecting usb devices would do nothing until I got rid of APFS. Don't need it now anyhow,

Thanks

PS: Atleast my old Sierra installations are still functional. Got to be some bios setting I forgot to disable or something.

You don't have to use Clover, just install with Oz you should have no problem, if KP the MATS can solve it, just make as KYNYO did!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still no luck can't see the verbose listing as command-v is ignored and it stalls out on the apple logo. Clover is a little better but still panics.

Interestingly enough I can load the Sierra usb installer with out issue. Just not the High Sierra version. 

Wonder if its my FakeSMC version? Used Rehabman's June 7th 2017 version.  Is there another version I should be using?

Thanks

:(

Got to hard code verbose listing I guess.

Thanks

Which was the software you used to modify the RehabMan FakeSMC

Plist editor Pro.

Don't think thats the problem as old Sierra works just fine.

UEFITool complains that the  FakeSMC  FFS  file has an invalid PE32 Section. 

Going to try my old FakeSMC and see what happens.

I just want to understand, you edited your FakeSMC, but like me, when it's not properly edited you will not see something or it will stuck at AppleLogo, but at least edit your Defaults.plist with -v in its boot-args, put it in Efi/Oz/Defaults.plist or Bios, reboot, and let us see what happened, I never start installer without verbose, until no "error or failed" seen, then i swap to normal boot! Or

I recommend you to put all Oz XMASS stuffs from the first until the last one from QUO-XMASS.ROM Download link by xpamamadeus on the first post on this topic, and put oz2a.ffs with, your bios can fit all things with its 128

Press simultaneously at boot beep (Windows Logo and Alt) boutons to enter Oz GUI, then double click InstallerUSB and press simultaneously (WindowsLogo and V) Boutons to start verbose, 

Maybe the version of FakeSMC I'm using isn't compatible for HS but works for Sierra. If anyone can share a FakeSMC kext  for an iMac14,2 smc 2.15f2 would appreciate it. I understand how to do the edits in Plist editor Pro. Anyhow this is what I get after manually turning on Verbose mode in Oz-Defaults:

Photo%20Jun%2019%2C%207%2044%2049%20PM.j

yeah but that 2.22f16 and I thought I needed 2.15f2? Anyhow I'll try it. Thanks.

Edit: I'm sure your defaults must match 2.22f16..

Yep, it's 2.22f16 and SmcEmulatorKext also, this is for diagnos, is it because i know that they works  :wink_anim: , and if you didn't had KernelPanic with them, so i'll tell you to redo your modified RehabMan_FakeSMC that you did earlier, because i had same kernel panic as you posted and it was bad modifying of this sensors ^_^  .

I tried those two files and included them in my bios but alas same KP. Thanks for explaining how to go into Verbose mode by pressing win-v button while clicking installer usb drive. Do you think having a broadcom wifi apple card and a NVME card could do this? Think I have to go old school and uninstall every device in bios and physically and see if the installer turns over..

Thanks