Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

I feel like this might be the correct thread to ask - how would I go about getting the latest version of Ozmosis into my Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H Rev. 1.2 BIOS?
I've attached the unmodified BIOS, in case anyone wants to take a look and tell me how to go about integrating everything!

Here's a big list, just so you know what I'm going for (and I'm 99% sure it's all possible, but I value your input!):
 - I'm going to be using Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.3.

- I would like to use the FakeSMC version with the hardware monitoring from hwsensors.com.

- I will also be installing Windows 10 alongside, on a separate SSD to OS X, and I may also use another drive for Ubuntu Linux.
 - I will need to include the Intel Mausi Ethernet kexts for my board.
 - I need to use iMac 14,2 as my SMBIOS, as I'm using an i7 4790k.
 - I need to patch TRIM.
 - I want to integrate the unique UUID and serial and stuff to make iMessage and co. work right.
 - I want to integrate the Apple HFSplus.efi for speed, if that's a thing with Ozmosis.
 - If there's any (non voodooHDA) patch for ALC1150 audio, a proper native one that will support music software.
 - I want every USB port, including the internal ones, to work.

Damn that's a big list. But that's what works with Clover, and I just want to swap over to Ozmosis for convenience, and ideally keep all my drivers in Ozmosis so I can reinstall easily.

Tell me, guys, is this doable?

Z97D3H.zip

@OkamiComp, 

Everything you want is doable, you just have to do it :)

Do you know of a way to integrate a native AppleHDA patch? I couldn't find a way that didn't require symlinks, which almost made me give up on Ozmosis!

@theracermaster great link! Have you tested it?

I don't use Ozmosis (I use Clover), but with AppleALC I've been able to get audio working simply with that kext (injected from the EFI partition/kexts) and injecting the layout ID. No need to create any injector kexts or add any kext patches; might even work in Recovery HD (haven't tested that yet though). This is off topic to Ozmosis though, discussion about AppleALC should go in the AppleALC thread.

I don't use Ozmosis (I use Clover), but with AppleALC I've been able to get audio working simply with that kext (injected from the EFI partition/kexts) and injecting the layout ID. No need to create any injector kexts or add any kext patches; might even work in Recovery HD (haven't tested that yet though). This is off topic to Ozmosis though, discussion about AppleALC should go in the AppleALC thread.

I meant with Ozmosis. No problem I will test and report here.

Being injectable is the whole point of AppleALC, so of course you can add it to your ROM. Please keep the Ozmosis thread for Ozmosis discussion, AppleALC thread is in the dev corner.

EDIT: About HDMI, iirc the Web Drivers generally cause 'issues' with HDMI (as in not working at all) for many, can't confirm though, just what I recall. Shouldn't be related to AppleALC directly.

• Like 2

Being injectable is the whole point of AppleALC, so of course you can add it to your ROM. Please keep the Ozmosis thread for Ozmosis discussion, AppleALC thread is in the dev corner.

EDIT: About HDMI, iirc the Web Drivers generally cause 'issues' with HDMI (as in not working at all) for many, can't confirm though, just what I recall. Shouldn't be related to AppleALC directly.

Just wanted to confirm it was working as, at least before, not every kext worked from bios. But thanks! 

Hi there, I am currently using clover as bootloader for i7 6700K + Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 + GTX 970.

I have modified bios version F7g with Ozmosis 167x.

However, after I flashed the modified bios, then the motherboard failed to reboot. The screen turned into black, and I have to manually reset the computer.

The following link is the bios file I modded, could anyone give me a hint?

Original BIOS:

http://download.gigabyte.asia/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_ga-z170x-gaming7_f7g.zip

Mod bios:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/54jzfal8ybvfrlz/Z170XG7_OZ.rom.patched.zip?dl=0

Thanks!

I'm having a bit of a issue modifying it with MMTOOL, and I have no clue how to use UEFITOOL.

I can't seem to be able to do this at all, MMTOOL windges about not being able to get firmware information, I but if I delete a lot of things than I can compress CORE_DXE and add it to the bios, but I can't seem to fit anything else in other than a few of the files needed.

So I cannot compress and re add core_dxe unless I delete some other things in the second volume such as the ethernet and ipv6 releated stuff.

http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/BIOS/1150/H81M-DGS%20R2.0(1.60)ROM.zip

That being said, I don't thing I've done anything wrong, as I've done this before successful, I'm just not able to get this to work for this specific motherboard as the firmware seems a bit odd and unusual, I've read into it before and it has something to do with two volumes and one not having enough free space, and how that effects the first volume or something along those lines.

Motherboard is H81M-DGS R2.0

Hi there, I am currently using clover as bootloader for i7 6700K + Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 + GTX 970.

I have modified bios version F7g with Ozmosis 167x.

However, after I flashed the modified bios, then the motherboard failed to reboot. The screen turned into black, and I have to manually reset the computer.

The following link is the bios file I modded, could anyone give me a hint?

Original BIOS:

http://download.gigabyte.asia/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_ga-z170x-gaming7_f7g.zip

Mod bios:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/54jzfal8ybvfrlz/Z170XG7_OZ.rom.patched.zip?dl=0

Thanks!

Await the next version for full Aptio 5 support.

• Like 2

Try to flash modded skylake mobo like this:

http://www.win-raid.com/t1361f16-Flashing-Gigabyte-while-avoiding-quot-Invalid-BIOS-image-quot.html#msg24127

EDIT: I change smbios to iMac17,1 and replace smcemulator!!!!

Hi crusher, thanks for your effort. I tried to flash your version into my MB, but it still got the same result. The screen turned to black after qflash finished.

Hi crusher, thanks for your effort. I tried to flash your version into my MB, but it still got the same result. The screen turned to black after qflash finished.

I know. But I give you link how to flash modded bios on skylake motherboard.

Hi, I'm having trouble with the Ozmosis bootloader. I've managed to flash my board (Z77-DS3h rev 1.1) with the bootloader and all went fine. I didn't create my BIOS myself but found it on the hackintosh-forum.de and successfully installed El Capitan. Everything works good but can't disable SIP or change any bootloader settings. Have I done anything wrong or is it possible for anyone to mod my BIOS for me with a DSDT and all up to date files? I did try to make a modded BIOS and it went through without errors but i'm still not sure about it.

Thanks for any help you can give me guys and p.s,a copy of my current BIOS file is included