Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Where do I said to compare with Z87?

I said to compare original AOS(Gigabyte) BIOS with Hermit released one, that way you can easy see what was removed/replaced.

And anyway there isn't much diff b/w Z77/Z87 firmware, only on APTIO V there are, but again you need to look/seek for answers to know that...

got it. :)

i'll test and check again here :)

thanks for the hints :)

Edit: till now everything seems to be working fine. after deleting module [6B389ACF-5B9A-445C-BFE7-35D608C4CE56]

i found the module size is 174FB9 (1.5MB i think) and made sure this module isn't in The KiNG's rom then added everything i needed. and now i'm in stage of testing the full functionality of my botherboard.

(if there is something wrong happens after deleting this module happens i'll report)

Q: i searched the web for that module and people say it's theme module. but my BIOS theme still in there wasn't removed.

try to delete all the EFI partitions that you do not need maybe that help.

use this for example http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,14019.0.html

good luck

here you go

with

Patched DSDT

Patched Sata module

Bios theme from QUO Bios(3D Mod Don't Work you can delete it for more free space 6B389ACF-5B9A-445C-BFE7-35D608C4CE56 (1,5Mb))

added small apple boot image and Quo logo

HFSPlus from iMac14,2 Bios

No FakeSMC in it you can add it by yourself

Ozmosis 894

OZmosisDefaults Mac Pro 3,1

LOL i've should have rewinded a few pages. any it was nice experience to have. still testing.

Notices:

1# The theme was showing squares. only squares. i fixed by removing my attached android phone( it was causing this issue even if i plugged it in another port)

2# No need to add the bcfg command anymore, only adding Linux bootflags and android got it working even without grubefi installed.

3# till now 10:57PM nothing effect the performance/functionality of my machine. everything seems running smooth. Beside i don't know why gigabyte fills their roms with unused modules.

4# I can't boot to HermitShellX64 from both F12 menu and GUI theme. when i click both of them it boots to windows disk or to the attached USB Flash disk (if there is a UEFI installer in the USB Flash)

i'll upload DarwinDump later in a few minutes (attached My rom report from MMTool as well).

5# I forgot to add OzmosisDefaults in rom, so i added it again and still no the shell doesn't work.

Z87XD3H_v3.zip

DarwinDumper_2.9.9.2_Ozmosis_1.03.167X-MASS_Cap_tusskan.7z

Edited by Tusskan

I disabled the nvidia injector with the command.

1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableNvidaInjection=%01 and apparently worked. But when you turn on the the 2nd monitor the PC restarts a few times.

Dunno what "apparently worked" mean, but looks like is driver issue not Ozmosis related since you disabled the injection, install nvidia web driver or push nVidia for better Maxwell drivers....

I disabled the nvidia injector with the command.

1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableNvidaInjection=%01 and apparently worked. But when you turn on the the 2nd monitor the PC restarts a few times.

The syntax of the command is incorrect.

post-971914-0-16386400-1453787577.png

Any one here have his own version of HermitShellX64 and would like to share it here?

i might extracted it wrong.

I replaced the new shell with older one from 1669M and 1479 still no go.

Hi,

I have the Gigabyte-Z87X-UD5H motherboard and with my F9 released Oz modded bios I also have problems with HermitShell not working. Was going to start over and blend a new fresh bios file

but if your having the same issue then I guess theres got to be a bug somewhere because the same thing happens to me where if I select Hermitshell from the F12 boot menu Windows loads up

instead. This is with the XMas Oz release as the last version Hermitshell worked fine. Also for some reason my Windows partition is always being set as the primary boot item cutting ahead in line

even if I change my boot order or use bcfg. Its so annoying. Anyhow I would copy Hermitshell to your esp instead and create a description for it using BCFG. Also I got to say if anyone can figure

out why HermitShell is being ignored I'll make a donation..

Thanks

...I replaced the new shell with older one from 1669M and 1479 still no go.

Hi,

I have the Gigabyte-Z87X-UD5H motherboard and with my F9 released Oz modded bios I also have problems with HermitShell not working. Was going to start over and blend a new fresh bios file

but if your having the same issue then I guess theres got to be a bug somewhere because the same thing happens to me where if I select Hermitshell from the F12 boot menu Windows loads up

instead. This is with the XMas Oz release as the last version Hermitshell worked fine. Also for some reason my Windows partition is always being set as the primary boot item cutting ahead in line

even if I change my boot order or use bcfg. Its so annoying. Anyhow I would copy Hermitshell to your esp instead and create a description for it using BCFG. Also I got to say if anyone can figure

out why HermitShell is being ignored I'll make a donation..

Thanks

There is a bug on newer firmware and launching embedded shell using GUI, it should work when using firmware boot manager(F12, F8 whatever).

If you guys don't understand what a beta feature is then you will get only releases for now on...

@davidm71 most developers will consider your money offer an insult, if you want to be generous make a donation to a poor child over the world.

@King I did not mean to insult or offend. Just failing to communicate apparently. Thanks for clearing it up.

Btw that's not what I meant King. Thanks for all you've done but I didn't deserve that comment. Thanks anyhow.

Hi guys, i've got question about video card. 

Im running latest MacOS with radeon r9 280x and Futomaki profile. In every game or latest Adobe programs (Ps, ill, iD) it's getting 80-82 C from the start. Nothing like that in windows. Can you guide me, what's wrong with card and how to get it working properly. 

Tnx. 

In my cae:

Reboot to Recovery HD and through Terminal type "csrutil disable; reboot". After rebooting copy modified AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext (for me, that´s ALC892 version) into Lybrary/Extensions folder. With some Kext Utility do it a permissions repair and reboot again. Thats it. Apple HDA working fine for me. Forgot something. After all, reboot to Recovery HD and in Terminal type "csrutil enable; reboot" or if You use an XtraFinder type "csrutil enable --without debug; reboot".

Enjoy!

P.S. Till now i didn´t see Your mobo have ALC1150 so i haven´t kext for it.

Good evening, how are you doing to make the patch of audio Realtek ALC?

Because the methods I know are not working with Ozmosis.

AGAIN you need to read THE READ ME!

If you made/have everything setup correct you need to do nothing ALC1150 is supported OOTB, if you got your BIOS from some "fast-food store" I have no idea.

AFAIK Ozmosis proposes VoodooHDA that works fine for Realtek ALC.

Built-in(BIOS) VoodooHda can be disabled and use AppleHDA instead, is in READ ME too...

AGAIN you need to read THE READ ME!

If you made/have everything setup correct you need to do nothing ALC1150 is supported OOTB, if you got your BIOS from some "fast-food store" I have no idea.

Built-in(BIOS) VoodooHda can be disabled and use AppleHDA instead, is in READ ME too...

I'm using VoodooHDA at the time, I read everything, Ozmosis use a few two years, but in elcapitan things have changed a bit, VoodooHDA does not work with all cards as far researched. Script audio_cloverALC-110.command says work with Ozmosis but not worked. And whenever I come to ask a question is because I have doubts and not out of laziness.